NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hey question... Just started my BAP a little while ago and havent made it to the NHL yet.

Just curious, when I do, what happens with retiring/drafting/etc? Because lets say I play 20 seasons with my guy, that would make Selanne like 61, but at the same time, the guys getting drafted in 20 years wont even exist yet...

Do they just make up fake players to get drafted or something? Thanks..

Use the Schwartz*

I think they'll just get made up once the game runs out of CHL players.

Made a new BAP last week after 6 months of not playing :laugh:

Brad Sharrow
LW
Halifax Mooseheads
6'1
180 pounds

First season(16) I made my way up onto the first line with Mackinnon and Frk. Ended up scoring 38 goals, 93 points total in 66 games. Mackinnon had 25 points in the final 7 games, I had 21. Pretty nuts, they were all simmed too. Frk finished with a measly 85 points. We won the Memorial Cup as well, I may have forced that though in the later stages with some quitting and restarting...

I grew to 6'3, 187 pounds the next season. So far in 47 games I have 83 points, 40 goals! Mackinnon as something nuts like 25 and 60.

I've played a few more games, 5 or 6 I guess. Trying to earn more XP so I can get drafted in a realistic round. I managed to make the prospect game, but whenever the game would finish the sim and the simulating.. screen would come up, it wouldn't keep going. So I don't know how I did in that.

Rysac

Mar 1, 2012
Vancouver island
Hey everybody!, stumbled upon this board and definately had to join.

Name:Ryan
Position:Centre
Player Type:Sniper
OVR:80
Height:6'6"
Weight:248 lbs
Draft year:2012
Draft Pos:1st overall
Draft Team:Phoenix Coyotes:shakehead

Started my BAP in all star, as a 17 yr old with the Victoria Royals at a pler rating of 69
Did really well and managed to win the memorial cup. Due to injuries i was named team captain from the beginning of the 3rd round of the whl playoffs all they way until the final game of the Memorial Cup, where our original team captain came back from injury and got to hoist the cup first:shakehead managed to become a 72 by the end of the year

whl reg season stats: left
whl playoff stats:right

Gp:72 Gp:21
G:237 G:71
A:133 A:35
Pts:370 Pts:106
PIMs:214 PIMs:84
+/-:39 +/-:28

Mem cup stats:

Gp:5
G:18
A:13
Pts:31
PIMs:13
+/-:4

After the season i was selected by Phoenix first overall. not very happy about it but not everybody gets to choose the team they get drafted by. I started out in the nhl as a 3rd line centre rated at a player rating of 72. managed to make my way to the first line where i centered Radim Vrbata and Raffi Torres. definitely not your ideal 2nd liners let alone first. Phoenix finished the year in 5th position where we met up with Nashville in the first round. The series went the distance with Nashville coming out on top with a 8-4 beating of the futile coyotes.

2012/2013 Nhl reg season stats: L
2012/2013 Nhl playoff stats: R

Gp:82 Gp:7
G:188 G:13
A:141 A:7
Pts:329 Pts:20
PIMs:217 PIMs:15
+/-:72 +/-:-2

Recently started my 2nd full year with Phoenix and we are doing significantly better this year with a record just passed the trade deadline of 49-18-0. although L.A. is currently 2 pts behind us in the standings. looking forward for my BAP to make his first long journey through the playoffs in his sophomore season. currently centering the top line with Stalberg and Stempniak (Vrbata out with concussion.)

2013/2014 Nhl reg season stats:

Gp:67
G:206
A:131
Pts:337
PIMs:202
+/-:110
PPG:11
SHG:0 (dont play on PK)
GWG:20
GTG:3
Shots:1137
S%:18.1
Hits:812

Use the Schwartz*

Anyone know a sure fire way to get sent BACK to the CHL after I'm drafted? I want to play one more season with my home town team, and get the extra XP of playing first line minutes.

The GM and my scout came to me, told me I was getting sent down before preseason, then two days later the GM is telling me to prove myself in PS. I simmed all four games, but my player scored two goals and I think that impressed them..I also played the last game and fought over and over and got like 40 PIM hahaha.

Any ideas are appreciated. One more year.. to win it all. I want to crack 70 goals.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Wondering, what camera angle do you guys use for this mode?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I personally like to play with Classic. Just lets me see everything really.
I like classic when using a forward, but since I'm doing a D-men that isn't a ideal camera angle haha. Overhead just hurts my head for some reason, so I'm just going to use high or custom.

Use the Schwartz*

Yeah so just a note to anyone who wanst to go back to the CHL after they've been drafted..don't. I played like **** in preseason, and it was working great. They send me down about 10 games into the Q season. I then find out that the top 2 centers on the team had been replaced with 17 year old low 60 OVR defensive defencemen. Not to mention two more on the bottom four on the wings. I was also started on the third line and had to make my way back up. Me, who had just come off a 57 goal, 118 point, Memorial Cup season.

AND to make matters worse, Nathan Mackinnon, who was pretty much the reason I was coming back dissapeared! He was the Henrik to my Daniel. He had something like 73 assists last year. I checked the stats, it said he had played six games for them this season, but I couldn't find him. Not in the NHL or Q. The only thing I can think of is my joining the roster made him the odd man out.. 76 overall 1st overall draft pick is the odd man out..

Needless to say, I've restarted from the playoffs. We didn't win the Memorial cup, lost in 7 to Rimouski in the Q finals. I simmed all the games and had like 20+ goals, so it was a fair trade. Ended up going 3rd to the Yotes. Kinda ****** but if they suck at the end of my ELC, I'll leave.

EDIT: Just for S&Gs, I simmed through preseason and got sent down to check on Mackinnon.. He was on the 3rd line with me, but on the RW instead of C?? I just don't get how EA can leave something like that alone. ****ing pathetic. I hope they fix the little things like this stuff next year.

I'll keep playing, hopefully he'll just sit there for this season and play in the NHL next season.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I just finished my first NHL season

GP: 82
G: 202
A: 120
PTS: 322
+/-: 118

I do have a question though, how the hell do you get PK time in this? Not once have I had any PK time and I'm trying to get the 14 SHG trophy, but I cain't do it because I'm not getting PK time.

Any idea?

ArrogantOwl

Nov 27, 2011
I just finished my first NHL season

GP: 82
G: 202
A: 120
PTS: 322
+/-: 118

I do have a question though, how the hell do you get PK time in this? Not once have I had any PK time and I'm trying to get the 14 SHG trophy, but I cain't do it because I'm not getting PK time.

Any idea?

Seems like there is an internal food-chain and OVR are for it. Player type may also have an affect in it.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Hi guys, I just started my be a pro (NHL Be a Pro) a few days ago.

I created myself as an 80 overall right wing to Dallas Stars.

So, the pre-season was a success for me, as we went 2-1-1 and I had good stats: 4g 3+3=6, leading my team in scoring.

We have started the season 7-8-0 and I lead our team in points with 15g 13+13=26. I've really impressed myself too, as I'm 2nd in the overall scoring. I'm currently on the 2nd line with Morrow and Fiddler (gosh..). I get much pp and sh time. I think I'm -6 or -7 now, and that's really killing me. It's been like 4 or 5 times, when I just get to the ice from the bench, and the opposition scores (while I'm still skating towards our end from the bench...). We're standing 12th in our conference.

It's been fun, and I think my point totals are gonna rise if I manage to get to the first line. Eriksson-Ribeiro-Me -> Nice! :handclap:

I like reading the stuff here, keep on going mates!

Oh, and I'm playing with superstar.

Last edited:

Rysac

Mar 1, 2012
Vancouver island
Just finished my 3rd season BAP (2nd w/ Phoenix). Finished the year with a 56-26-3 record but wasnt good enough to catch L.A. who finished w/ 118 pts. so we entered the playoffs in 4th place to play the Chicago blackhawks. No matter how many points i could get the rest of my team didnt seem to want to touch the puck. nobody else but the top line of Stalberg, Me, Vrbata managed to get any points. it was very frustrating especially when we got bounced out in 5 games.

2013/2014 reg season stats

Gp:82
G:250
A:165
PTS:415
PIMs:294
+/-:131

2014 Playoff stats

Gp:5
G:16
A:11
Pts:27
PIMs:20
+/-:6

bkburns

Mar 8, 2012
Orangeville
BAP First Regular Season Completed

I have finished my first regular season and for some reason if has not moved onto the playoffs, the schedule is empty (calendar) and the "Play Next Game" is grayed out, I am playing Be A Pro and play for the Philadelphia Flyers.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Hey guys, dumb question. Is there any way to change who you are on a line with in BAP mode. I doubt there is, but right now they have me on a D pairing with a forward and it really sucks!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This is rookie yr.

Name: J. Louis
Position: Goalie
Type: Hybrid
OVR: 71 at the beginning
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 172 lbs.
Drafted for 2011/2012 season
Draft Position: 46th
Team drafted to: Buffalo Sabres

Won the Memorial cup but split games with other goalie, so i had only like, 3 starts. Offense sucked really bad, so i found myself down 1-0 or 2-1 in shootouts.

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
I have finished my first regular season and for some reason if has not moved onto the playoffs, the schedule is empty (calendar) and the "Play Next Game" is grayed out, I am playing Be A Pro and play for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Technically there is no "next game" because it's between seasons. The calendar is empty because you either missed the playoffs, or your last game was before the playoffs were scheduled.

You'll have to pick an empty date on the calendar to keep simming to until things start happening again.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Wow winning the Memorial Cup was kind of anti climactic... I wasnt even in any of the cut scenes. I was hoping there would be some sort of MVP too but oh well

Got drafted first overall by the Panthers. Also was very anticlimactic. I was expecting like a ceremony or at least SOMETHING.

BAP needs some big improvements. Even just little things. Like my agent just told me he got me a contract but that was it. I wish there was like negotiation and if you earn more money you get some sort of extra points or something like that you know?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Wow some of you guys got like 300 points in your first year in juniors? How is that even fun? Make it harder if its that easy. I think I only had 90 assists and 80 goals after my first year in juniors

bkburns

Mar 8, 2012
Orangeville
Technically there is no "next game" because it's between seasons. The calendar is empty because you either missed the playoffs, or your last game was before the playoffs were scheduled.

You'll have to pick an empty date on the calendar to keep simming to until things start happening again.

Thanks I will try it tonight.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Anyone around 10+ years into their BAP? I'm trying to go my whole career.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Im in my first NHL year. Just had a 10 point game (Pro difficulty)

It was crazy. I scored almost every goal off the rush. If rush race down the ice, stop at about the circle, and then dish it left and Versteeg would put it in. He had 6 goals all off of those. It was nuts. 9 assits and 1 goal.

I had nothing even close to that on weaker goalies in the OHL. My teammates were bad (Strome who sucks in this game and Archibald who was ok) on the Ice Dogs, and playing with Versteeg Weiss Booth Fleishman helps a lot haha

So sick

I havent simmed a game yet, I plan on playing every game and eventually getting the achievement for beating Gretzkys record. I wish there was one for beating Selannes rookie goal record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad