NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Kallejohansson

Jan 24, 2012
I really hope I'll be traded away from the Coyotes. Pretty unrealistic that the third line (me, Trevor Lewis and Stefan Meyer) leads the team in scoring with 17, 18 and 11 points each. Despite putting up those points in my rookie year, the coach took me off the second PP.

Depressing, don't wanna be the next Kyle Turris...

paddygezus

Feb 15, 2012
Australia
Hey all

Found this forum, and thread, and had to join in.

My be a Pro Stats
Player Name: Patrick Gilliland
Position: RW
Player Type: Grinder
OVR: 70 (started 68)

WHL Stats with the Oil Kings (so far):
GP: 55
G: 49
A: 71
PTS: 120
PIMS: 149
+/-: +70

I've got it on Pro difficulty, but this is the first EA NHL game I've had on the PS3, so despite some of the high stats, my shooting percentage is horrible.

My skater is 17 but was in the CHL prospects game as Captain of the White team. Will I go in the next draft? I'm commited to playing every game and not simming but I don't want to be in the CHL forever!

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Hey all

Found this forum, and thread, and had to join in.

My be a Pro Stats
Player Name: Patrick Gilliland
Position: RW
OVR: 70 (started 68)

WHL Stats with the Oil Kings (so far):
GP: 55
G: 49
A: 71
PIMS: 149
+/-: +70

I've got it on Pro difficulty, but this is the first EA NHL game I've had on the PS3, so despite some of the high stats, my shooting percentage is horrible.

My skater is 17 but was in the CHL prospects game as Captain of the White team. Will I go in the next draft? I'm commited to playing every game and not simming but I don't want to be in the CHL forever!

When you're in your draft year, you should be getting pop-up notices from your agent speculating as to where you will go in the draft. If you started as 17, then you should be eligible for the draft at the end of your season

paddygezus

Feb 15, 2012
Australia
When you're in your draft year, you should be getting pop-up notices from your agent speculating as to where you will go in the draft. If you started as 17, then you should be eligible for the draft at the end of your season

Awesome, thanks for that!

On another note, has anyone who plays forward find that when their next shift starts someone is always passing to the guy you're replacing, only the guy doesn't stay on the ice, he jumps off and you've got to chase down to the puck to beat the icing call?

David Moose

Feb 4, 2012
Awesome, thanks for that!

On another note, has anyone who plays forward find that when their next shift starts someone is always passing to the guy you're replacing, only the guy doesn't stay on the ice, he jumps off and you've got to chase down to the puck to beat the icing call?

Happens all the time. Slightly less often, the player won't enter the bench and will just stand there so you can't get on - leaving your team is playing 4-on-5 until the next stoppage.

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I saved a couple of files, to see if I would be drafted by different teams each time, and ended up with 4 files, each with a different team. I went number 1 overall, so there wasn't much chance for different teams. Do you think I should go with the Senators, the Devils, the Ducks, or the Coyotes? I'm leaning towards anything but the Coyotes

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I saved a couple of files, to see if I would be drafted by different teams each time, and ended up with 4 files, each with a different team. I went number 1 overall, so there wasn't much chance for different teams. Do you think I should go with the Senators, the Devils, the Ducks, or the Coyotes? I'm leaning towards anything but the Coyotes

Go with the devils. That seems like a fun choice.

I think I'm going to make a Be a Pro Center.

in EASHL I'm so close to gettting to Legend 1. I was stuck on wins for the longest time, but my A- average dipped down.

David Moose

Feb 4, 2012

Whichever one as a gap at your position; I like the idea of teams drafting because of need rather than in a random order. I was drafted by Colorado anyway, but it worked out particularly well because they had 2 left wings, so I fitted in nicely.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Just restarted BAP.

Player Name: Nathan Macintyre
Position: Left Wing
OVR: 71
Draft Year: 2012
Draft Position: 3rd round (74th orverall)
Drafted By: Toronto Maple Leafs. :)shakehead)

I didn't make the NHL roster right out of the gate. After spending the first half of the season with the Marlies in the AHL and racking up 9 goals and 21 assists, I finally got called up to the big league. It's mid-January and I've played three games in the NHL. Scored my first NHL goal and got two assists so far on the third line with Tim Connolly and Colby Armstrong.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
How does free agency work in BAP? Do you get contract offers from other teams or do you get automatically re-signed to your team when your contract ends? Just wondering, because I've never gotten far enough in this mode to find out for myself.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
How does free agency work in BAP? Do you get contract offers from other teams or do you get automatically re-signed to your team when your contract ends? Just wondering, because I've never gotten far enough in this mode to find out for myself.

YOu get offers from random teams.

Scott Hall

The Bad Guy
Jul 11, 2008
I'm half way through my BAP (Pro difficulty) season and I'm finding it more and more unrealistic - but that's probably because of the way I created my player.

I started off as a two-way defender who wound up with about 80 points in his rookie season and miraculously won the Stanley Cup. I say that because my team (Dallas) had no reason to be anywhere near the playoffs.

I received a plethora of XP points and I put it all on wrist shot (99 overall on power and accuracy). I find that I can skate up the middle (usually get nailed) and put a random shot on net, and about 15% of the time it'll go in. I now have 34 goals in 18 games.

I'm not sure if I want to adjust the difficulty yet as my player isn't dominant, he just scores as per the AI letting in a goal based on my upgrades. Thoughts?

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
But if it's anything like NHL 11, and most things are because EA haven't touched the engine in most respects, do you not always get an option to re-sign with your current team as well?

your current team could offer you a new contract, but it's probably dependent on how you perform. If you're on the first line, have a high OVR, and are taking your team to the playoffs, they'd probably try to keep you. you could always save and reload until you get what you want if it proves to be random

kevturk09

Feb 22, 2012
Name: Kev Turk
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 196 lbs
Team: New York Rangers (Drafted No. 1 out of QMJHL)
Position: Right Wing
Style: Power Forward
Overall: 71

GP: 33
G: 33
A: 87
PIMS: 30
+/-: 72
PPG: 7
SHG: 0
GWG: 4
Shots: 415
S%: 8.0%
FOW: 0
FOT: 0
Faceoff %: 0%
Hits: 125
GV: 62
TK: 60
Minutes: 557:24

Played on Pro difficulty so far, switching to All Star soon. Having a great Rookie season lol, going for gretzky's 215 point mark... Team is 29-2-2 so far...

CrowClown

Oct 27, 2011
Oxford, England, U.K
Name: Leif Sixten Forsstrom
nationality: Swedish (hints in the name)
height: 6ft 3
weight: 89kg
WHL team: Kootenay ice
Position: Defence
style: 2 way defender
overall: 70
GP:5
G: 5
A: 7
PTS: 12
PIMS: 2
+/-: 14
PPG: 0
GWG: 2
Shots: 23
Hits: 19
GV: 12
TK:6

team stats:4-0-1
standings: 1st overall in league

Playing on all-star difficulty, just taking slap shots from just outside the slot, hitting it low, then teammates pick it up or it takes a lucky bounce, it's very effective, Only 2 of my goals have been legitimate shots, Kootenay is great to play for but there are these weird times, when the goalie completely flips out and lets like every shot in.

it mostly happens when I'm against Red deer rebels, every shot they take goes in, is this because they have RNH and Matt Dumba or is it a glitch, this has happened with other teams as well, it just happened with red deer a lot whenever I play BAP in any position (except goalie). Red Deer is the team we got that OT loss to, it was a 5-4 score, the start of the start of the game was 4 goals to them on 4 shots in 3 minutes . What's going on?

the second time was less severe because it happened in the 3rd, we were winning by 5 so the other teams goals didn't make a difference but it was shot- goal, shot-goal, from the most ridiculous places, and the easiest save opportunities.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
What the hell? Has this happened to anyone else?
I was over a PPG in my rookie season for Nashville (17, playing straight out of the draft)
I won Rookie of the year, and was a finalist for the Hart.

Pre-season for next season, i have the most points (3 in 4 games) out of the whole team, yet i get sent back to juniors... why?

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Name: Kev Turk
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 196 lbs
Team: New York Rangers (Drafted No. 1 out of QMJHL)
Position: Right Wing
Style: Power Forward
Overall: 71

GP: 33
G: 33
A: 87
PIMS: 30
+/-: 72
PPG: 7
GWG: 4
Shots: 415
S%: 8.0%
FOW: 0
FOT: 0
Faceoff %: 0%
Hits: 125
GV: 62
TK: 60
Minutes: 557:24

Played on Pro difficulty so far, switching to All Star soon. Having a great Rookie season lol, going for gretzky's 215 point mark... Team is 29-2-2 so far...

How in the world were the Rangers able to get you 1st overall? Every time I simmed a draft, I got 4 teams that you expect to be the bottom in the league. I also went first and was only getting the Ducks, Stars, Devils, Senators, and Coyotes

David Moose

Feb 4, 2012
How in the world were the Rangers able to get you 1st overall? Every time I simmed a draft, I got 4 teams that you expect to be the bottom in the league. I also went first and was only getting the Ducks, Stars, Devils, Senators, and Coyotes

If you select Classic instead of Authentic for the draft option when you start the BAP career, the teams are totally random - not based on league position. And you never know, the Rangers might do badly with the sim engine. The year I was drafted, with Authentic selected, Nashville got the 4th pick and Philly got the 6th.

Just finished my 1st NHL season for the Avalanche - GP82 G31 A65 P96 - and I won the Calder, but the team were so bad we missed the playoffs by a good 10 points. Now about 20 games into my second season; the team is doing better, but I'm not - I'm barely PPG for some reason.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
If you select Classic instead of Authentic for the draft option when you start the BAP career, the teams are totally random - not based on league position. And you never know, the Rangers might do badly with the sim engine. The year I was drafted, with Authentic selected, Nashville got the 4th pick and Philly got the 6th.

Just finished my 1st NHL season for the Avalanche - GP82 G31 A65 P96 - and I won the Calder, but the team were so bad we missed the playoffs by a good 10 points. Now about 20 games into my second season; the team is doing better, but I'm not - I'm barely PPG for some reason.

Sophomore Slump :sarcasm:

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Has anyone else had any weird shift changes happen?

I was 3rd line center on the PP and PK, moved up to 2nd line center still on PP and PK, then, all of a sudden, I'm 2nd line center and 3rd line defense, no more PP or PK. Before the switch I had more PP and PK goals than anyone else in the entire NHL. Now I can miss almost entire periods if there are enough penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad