OT: NFL Fantasy Football Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd be on Rawls if you can get him, the tea leaves aren't very good on Marshawn atm and he's (Rawls) been terrific when he's played. I'm glad I kept him around as my Marshawn handcuff.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd be on Rawls if you can get him, the tea leaves aren't very good on Marshawn atm and he's (Rawls) been terrific when he's played. I'm glad I kept him around as my Marshawn handcuff.

Rawls, Bradshaw, the KC backup are all available and I'm first in line so it's my pick.

Think Rawls is the guy? Tough match up against SF coming up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He just torched SF lol, Seattle has the Steelers at home this week.

Bradshaw is an annoying gnat that'll just siphon off Gore production when he's in the lineup and I have no idea about the Chief RB situation though the Bills are a tough matchup this week

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He just torched SF lol, Seattle has the Steelers at home this week.

Bradshaw is an annoying gnat that'll just siphon off Gore production when he's in the lineup and I have no idea about the Chief RB situation though the Bills are a tough matchup this week

West is day to day. I have him but I don't know if he plays. He did practice yesterday.

How hurt is Gore?

I need to hit a home run because I think Ivory is running out of steam and West's health is a definite issue.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
To many Pats injuries. Brady was a dumpster fire last night and Gronk was double covered.

Anyway I have the first waiver pick and lots of choices not sure where to go.

I have west but I don't know if he will even miss time. Bradshaw maybe? I don't like the idea of Rawls.

Any big WRs on the wire?

Maybe one of the Patriots WRs if you're desperate.

Edelman's out for the year. Amendola left the game last night. Dobson is injured as well. LaFell hasn't really done anything.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe one of the Patriots WRs if you're desperate.

Edelman's out for the year. Amendola left the game last night. Dobson is injured as well. LaFell hasn't really done anything.

I already have Martin on the bench. Also have Hankerson, Sneed and Terrence Williams.

With both Jeffery and Adams gimped and playing Thursday I don't feel comfortable starting either right now.

As for my waiver pick Rawls seems to be the guy. Ware would be nice to handcuff West but west is going to play so that seems like a waste.

Like Rawls better then Adams.

Is Lynch officially done for the year yet? Haven't heard any updates on his doctor visit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not official yet BUT it would seem he's at least out for this week anyway and maybe word comes by tonight.

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet Nov 23
If Dr. Meyers confirms Marshawn Lynch has a sports hernia, as feared, surgery comes quickly. He could be out the rest of the regular season

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 22h22 hours ago
Seahawks not expecting RB Marshawn Lynch to be available Sunday vs Steelers. Awaiting word Tuesday on abdominal injury and possible surgery.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ya I want that confirmation. Because at least with Allen I know he is the lead back in Baltimore now.

I'm leaning Rawls anyway but would feel better if Lynch is done for the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh Allen's on the wire too? That complicates it more than the other guys you mentioned. But yeah Rawls is more of the home run swing pick. I'd like Allen better if he didn't have Schaub and a bunch of scrub WR's around him, they basically look like the Rams offense now with all the injuries only without Gurley.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh Allen's on the wire too? That complicates it more than the other guys you mentioned. But yeah Rawls is more of the home run swing pick. I'd like Allen better if he didn't have Schaub and a bunch of scrub WR's around him, they basically look like the Rams offense now with all the injuries only without Gurley.

Ya every top waiver pick (RBs) at least are available.

So I have my pick of Rawls, Buck Allen, Bradshaw, and Ware. I'm first so its my guy and there are two potential starters here.

And that was my thinking. West is going to play again soon so Ware doesn't make sense. Bradshaw is Bradshaw.

If Lynch is actually done for the year Rawls seems like the guy on volume of work alone but it Lynch comes back or goes into a committee that complicates things a lot.

Allen is clearly the new starter in Balitmore but you alluded to the other problem. That offense is gutted with injuries so how effective will he even be?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So Lynch is going to take a few weeks and see if he gets better before deciding on surgery.

So Rawls or Buck Allen? I'm still leaning Rawls. Worst case he is a solid starter until West gets healthy. Best case I can run him the rest of the season and demote Ivory.

On the WR front looking at DeShawn Jackson and Kendall Wright as additions. Need someone to cover for Jeffery and Adams who are both going to play hurt Thursday if they play at all.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Ended up with both Allen and Ware somehow. Being in 8th place helps I guess haha.

Was a little weary with Schaub under center, but I think with Trestman's offense they'll continue to throw the ball to Allen on checkdowns and plays.

Now I need help on who to start at RB, can start 2 and flex 1. Basically need to win the last two games if I want to make it to the playoffs.

McFadden vs. CAR
Williams @ SEA
Lacy vs. CHI
Allen @ CLE
Ware vs. BUF

Williams has a tough matchup, but that Steelers offense is too good to bench him. That being said, I'm leaning towards DMC, Lacy, and Allen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ended up with both Allen and Ware somehow. Being in 8th place helps I guess haha.

Was a little weary with Schaub under center, but I think with Trestman's offense they'll continue to throw the ball to Allen on checkdowns and plays.

Now I need help on who to start at RB, can start 2 and flex 1. Basically need to win the last two games if I want to make it to the playoffs.

McFadden vs. CAR
Williams @ SEA
Lacy vs. CHI
Allen @ CLE
Ware vs. BUF

Williams has a tough matchup, but that Steelers offense is too good to bench him. That being said, I'm leaning towards DMC, Lacy, and Allen.

Tough match ups all around. Williams is good enough he should find something. Allen should be fine. And I would say McFadden.

Short week, Lacy is inconsistent and still hurt and Starks is still there to vulture carries.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I need help this week. These Thursday games have me going nuts.

Pretty sold on Rawls and Ivory at RB. Also have west but his status this week doesn't look good.

WR: Adams, Jeffery, Hankerson, Sneed, Terrence Williams, Shorts III

Flex: all of the above plus west if he plays.

Also do I stick with Buffalo on defense or pick up Pitt vs Seattle, Giants vs Washington or Baltimore vs Browns?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chip Kelly is a moron...single coverage on Calvin Johnson? Yeah that's gonna work. I probably already lost one game this week against Megatron :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Do I start Adams and Jeffery tonight?

Do I start Terrance Williams in a few or wait and start one of Snead, Hankerson, Wright or Shorts?

Also can flex West if he plays (sounds like he won't though).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't trust Adams enough to start him in either league I have, I could definitely picture another James Jones-heavy game even if Adams plays, since they won last week and won early in the season with him being featured. I've never trusted Williams with or without Romo. Jeffery I don't know about his injury but if he's playing I'd stick with him.

It's kind of funny most of my questions/issues are at QB and not Flex/skill position. Still deciding between Hasselbeck and Osweiler in my one league and probably going to roll with McCown in my other one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't trust Adams enough to start him in either league I have, I could definitely picture another James Jones-heavy game even if Adams plays, since they won last week and won early in the season with him being featured. I've never trusted Williams with or without Romo. Jeffery I don't know about his injury but if he's playing I'd stick with him.

It's kind of funny most of my questions/issues are at QB and not Flex/skill position. Still deciding between Hasselbeck and Osweiler in my one league and probably going to roll with McCown in my other one.

Well I sat Williams. Jeffery is staying in if he plays (it sounds like he will).

I'm really on the fence with Adams. It sounds like West will not play this week which means I have to find a flex option and I'm not sure I want to bench Adams for two of my WRs on the bench.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah that ankle flaring up on Adams again was a huge red flag, it's been a problem all year. I'm even having doubts of keeping him in my keeper league after this year. I sat him but still undecided who I'm starting over him in both leagues lol, in one league I'm kind of waiting on Amendola to see if he can play. I also have Tevin Coleman, Gio Bernard and Jordan Reed (Barnidge is my starter) as Flex options.

My other league is deeper so I'm deciding betwen Hillman and Draughn (SF) for my Flex.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah that ankle flaring up on Adams again was a huge red flag, it's been a problem all year. I'm even having doubts of keeping him in my keeper league after this year. I sat him but still undecided who I'm starting over him in both leagues lol, in one league I'm kind of waiting on Amendola to see if he can play. I also have Tevin Coleman, Gio Bernard and Jordan Reed (Barnidge is my starter) as Flex options.

My other league is deeper so I'm deciding betwen Hillman and Draughn (SF) for my Flex.

If West doesn't play (and it seems he won't) going to just flex Snead. I think the Saints have a decent match up.

Once West is healthy rolling 3 RBs, one in the FLEX Ivory, Rawls, and West and and find someone to start with Jeffery.

Need Brady to get back on track and find Gronk more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Buffalo's D and Adams on Thursday ****ing killing me.

Have to pray for Brady and Gronk to somehow blow up Denver's D in the snow or its 3 loses in a row.

Especially with him rolling Buck Allen tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm a little over thirty points down but with McCown, Barnidge and the Denver D left for me and the Denver kicker for him in a game I need badly to stay in a playoff spot in my 12-team league, Yahoo basically has it projected as a dead heat atm.

My 16-team league I'm 9-3 with a winner-take all (division/bye/top seed) showdown next week with the only other 9-3 team. If I lose I get stuck with the first wild card :P Honestly though it's remarkable I'm even 9-3 with seven wins in a row there considering I've had the worst QB play in the league by far - Peyton/Bradford.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've pulled to within 4. He has Pats D tonight and Buck Allen tomorrow.

I have Brady, Gronk and Gostowski for one more half.

I feel confident I will pull ahead but I need to be ahead by over 10 to have any chance considering Allen has such a perfect match up tomorrow. I might need 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad