OT: NFL Fantasy Football Thread

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Have to think Mariota and Williams. Maybe in deeper leagues Lockett.

Thinking about trading away Davante Adams for Jonathan Stewart. Thoughts?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Stewart is bound to get hurt, he always does. Rodgers prolly has to get some rhythm with Adams and he should be fine.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stewart is bound to get hurt, he always does. Rodgers prolly has to get some rhythm with Adams and he should be fine.

I was all in on Adams in the preseason (drafted him on my redraft league and for my keeper league team) but now fantasy zombie James Jones is going to vulture a lot of targets and red zone production and Cobb isn't going anywhere yet. But like you said Stewart's clock on staying healthy is probably ticking away fast. It depends how bad the trading team needs a RB I guess.

Since it worked last year, going to again keep fantasy talk in this thread, and game talk in the other NFL thread.

So who is tops on the week 2 waiver wire?

For RB's probably Dion Lewis, who's at worst their new Vereen. Maybe Chris Johnson too now that Ellington's out for a while. Not exactly great pickings otherwise, although the CJ Anderson thing in Denver's starting to worry me so if Hillman's still on the wire and you have CJ get him now. Yeah Williams is probably the pickup for WR's though I'm skeptical now that he's going up against #1 corners, he hasn't even been able to have much production against #3 corners. I'd look more toward Beasley if you're in a PPR actually.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Grab James Jones first off waivers and pull the trigger. Jones is going to get a lot of looks while Cobb is on the mend. He can't even raise his injured arm up to catch the ball. Adams will get more looks early IMO but once Cobb is healed up I think it's the Cobb and Jones show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was all in on Adams in the preseason (drafted him on my redraft league and for my keeper league team) but now fantasy zombie James Jones is going to vulture a lot of targets and red zone production and Cobb isn't going anywhere yet. But like you said Stewart's clock on staying healthy is probably ticking away fast. It depends how bad the trading team needs a RB I guess.

For RB's probably Dion Lewis, who's at worst their new Vereen. Maybe Chris Johnson too now that Ellington's out for a while. Not exactly great pickings otherwise, although the CJ Anderson thing in Denver's starting to worry me so if Hillman's still on the wire and you have CJ get him now. Yeah Williams is probably the pickup for WR's though I'm skeptical now that he's going up against #1 corners, he hasn't even been able to have much production against #3 corners. I'd look more toward Beasley if you're in a PPR actually.

I considered dumping Cam (my back up) for Mariotta, but didn't do it.

Dropped Roddy White for Dunbar. With Dez out (who I also have) expecting him to get more looks. Romo was already throwing his way a decent amount.

I'm kind of stuck with Stewart unless Toleman in Atlanta can get the job done. He had a decent day against a tough Philly front 7 so I see some upside there. RB on the wire is just awful this week.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My dilemma for tomorrow is do I pull the plug on Peyton and just start Bradford this week? (I drafted Bradford in a high-ish round for my 4-6 keeper league to eventually replace Peyton, I didn't think eventually would mean Week 2 though). My other dilemma is also Bronco-related, I have to start two of these three in a PPR:

RB CJ Anderson
RB J. Stewart
WR D. Adams

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My RB situation sucks.

Ivory, Stewart, Toleman and Dunbar.

My dilemma is I have Garçon and Tampa's TE on the bench. Question is do i Flex one of them and if so which RB do I bench?

WR are jeffery and Hopkins. Have Dez too but ya he is out for weeks now.

Brady and Gronk are my obvious must starts.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
My dilemma for tomorrow is do I pull the plug on Peyton and just start Bradford this week? (I drafted Bradford in a high-ish round for my 4-6 keeper league to eventually replace Peyton, I didn't think eventually would mean Week 2 though). My other dilemma is also Bronco-related, I have to start two of these three in a PPR:

RB CJ Anderson
RB J. Stewart
WR D. Adams

I was going to draft Bradford as my starter on the cheap if I didn't get Rodgers in the auction. KC defense is tough - it may be a repeat of last week while I think Philly and Dallas will be a bit of a shootout.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol it's a good thing I was playing a cellar-dweller in my 16-team PPR otherwise I'd have been running into a hole to hide after sitting Peyton for Bradford this week.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm playing against the team with Romo in my 16-team league so I figured well at least I might have a layup next week...check his bench, oh he's got Stafford too, well so much for that :P

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Just got offered luck and sankey for a. Cooper and d. Lewis. .5ppr 6 pt passing td. Really mulling it over

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have the second worst point total in my 12-team league so far with Luck, Lynch, Dez and other dissapointments like Maclin and Davante Adams. And yet I trolled my way to a low-scoring win this week and should have actually won the first week too if I didn't sit Jordan Reed for the corpse of Owen Daniels.

My three leading scorers this week were my defense (Broncos), kicker (Crosby) and tight end (Reed) and they were the only ones to get double-digit points period...that's a first I can ever remember where no QB/RB/WR was a leading scorer and in a win no less :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was offered Antonio Brown and Ebron for Gronk and Dez...

I'm still not a believer in Ebron, especially with Stafford supposedly one or two more weeks away from needing a bodybag, and Gronk's just such a big difference maker though Brown's a fair tradeback. Having to keep Dez through the byes is a pain in the butt though, I have that issue in my league (fifteen-man rosters with nine starters so it can be pretty dicey though at least I have the luxury of not carrying a QB2 cause Luck's bye is so late).

Starks or McCluster for RB add
Benjamin or Heyward-Bey for WR add

If you need a starter for this week chance Starks, if it's just a bench spot might as well take McCluster though I don't really want any part of that backfield :P

Benjamin for the other one, Heyward-Bey's clock of fantasy effectiveness is probably only two more weeks long till Bryant comes back.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm still not a believer in Ebron, especially with Stafford supposedly one or two more weeks away from needing a bodybag, and Gronk's just such a big difference maker though Brown's a fair tradeback. Having to keep Dez through the byes is a pain in the butt though, I have that issue in my league (fifteen-man rosters with nine starters so it can be pretty dicey though at least I have the luxury of not carrying a QB2 cause Luck's bye is so late).

If you need a starter for this week chance Starks, if it's just a bench spot might as well take McCluster though I don't really want any part of that backfield :P

Benjamin for the other one, Heyward-Bey's clock of fantasy effectiveness is probably only two more weeks long till Bryant comes back.

Ya Idk. Ebron will never put Gronk numbers up. Brown can but if Dez comes back sooner then later he will outperform Ebron.

Not sure it's a good trade for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad