OT: NFL Fantasy Football Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sweating out needing Jarvis Landry to get me double digit points in my PPR playoff, even though I'd probably get smoked next week regardless it'd be nice to win one lousy playoff game in that league at least.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lost in my league where I was the #1 seed/had a bye basically because Dalton got 0 after getting injured

in my other $$ league, I am down by 40 points but have Eli, Landry, and Lamar Miller tonight (0.5 PPR). will be close.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
do you have 4 weeks of playoffs? Weeks 14, 15, 16 are used so nobody has to suffer week 17 games with resting starters for the playoffs. Did your commish move it back so nobody plays weeks 16 or 17?

we do 13, 14, 15 for whatever reason

sucks because in that league I lost Leveon, Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham, and Dalton yesterday. I had far and away the best team without all those injuries.

oh well, thems the breaks I guess

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Moving on to the semi-finals:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-765-1381989335-10.gif

On a more serious note, I beat what I thought was the second best team in my league. Now I'm in the same side of the bracket as the best team in the league -- both on paper and standings. General consensus is my team is probably third best, but it's been playing incredible of late:

QB: Palmer and Carr
RB: McCoy, Martin, Bernard -- praying to god none of them get hurt :laugh:
WR: Antonio Brown, Amendola, Hurns, Baldwin, Parker
TE: Kelce, Gates
K: Gano
DEF: Houston/Pittsburgh

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Playoffs start this weekend for me. I'm clinched but lost Rawls and F-Jax is apparently the wrong handcuff now. :cry:

Ivory and West's ceilings are both being limited. I have Powell to handcuff Ivory, and I honestly don't know what to do at RB for the first round of the playoffs.

Can't find a second WR either. Shorts sucked this week. Might go back to Moncrief if Luck is back next week, but might have to go to the wire for a RB and a WR.

Only good news is Gronk is back and Brady has weapons again.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Going to win this week, in the semis in my sixteen-team PPR league but my lineup could be a total disaster next week if Stewart's out. My only other RB's are the two Denver guys and Shaun Draughn (you can only keep four RB's on one roster), I might have to cut one and try to get Hightower, Powell or Denard Robinson.

Hopefully Landry's healthy enough to play next week but if he's not I have a total black hole at WR #2 - my choices are Wheaton, Royal and Davante Adams (sixteen-team league remember). With Reed as my starting TE I may have to Flex Ben Watson too :laugh:

That's not even getting into my QB mess where I have Osweiler and Bradford as my two guys (you can only keep two active QB's and Peyton's hurt), though I can try to get Cousins or Manziel on waivers.

Last edited:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Davante was droppable weeks ago. Guy has hands of stone. You starting Whittaker? Seems like he's in line to start.

Was able to pick up Denard Robinson, but now I'm on the fence to either start him or Charcandrick West. Or bench Lacy and start both Robinson and West.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Davante was droppable weeks ago. Guy has hands of stone. You starting Whittaker? Seems like he's in line to start.

Was able to pick up Denard Robinson, but now I'm on the fence to either start him or Charcandrick West. Or bench Lacy and start both Robinson and West.

I'm considering starting Fozzie. My choices are Ivory, Powell, Fozzie, Tolbert, West, and Bolden.

Two RBs and one Flex. Standard scoring.

Right now I'm leaning Ivory, West and Fozzie, but if others think I should try something else I'm ALL ears.

Going Jeffery, Shorts at WR unless someone thinks Snead would be a better option. Brady at QB, Gronk at TE.

Question. St Louis D tonight or Buffalo D?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ivory and West are fine...Ivory'll definitely have a big game since he's playing against me in my playoffs and I'll probably get trolled by my boys again (Ivory/Marshall) :laugh:

I'd probably go Bolden over Fozzy just cause the Carolina backfield looks like a hot mess.

Probably St. Louis D, Thursday night games are usually low-scoring...plus I need Buffalo's D to be bad since I'm starting Cousins and Reed lol (and Buffalo just lost their top cover corner and is probably out of the playoff picture)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just read Ware could miss time this week. Makes Chad West an auto start IMO if that is true since Ware was vulturing him.

I'm really torn on Fozzie and Boldin. Boldin could clean house in garbage time because the Pats should win this week going away, but the Panthers have such a good running match up so Fozzie could blow up as the starter.

Also it is nearly impossible to predict who does what in the Pats backfield.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bolden and Fozzy are both still on the wire in my 16-team PPR lol, but probably the fact each team can only keep max four RB's and there's only four teams alive has something to do with it. One of the other semifinalists got Hightower and picked up Christine Michael (it's a keeper league and he's always had a fetish for him), another picked up Powell and I picked up Denard. In fact I have to start D-Rob with Stewart out. My lineup's such a mess I'm Flexing Ben Watson - Reed's my TE, and am starting Cousins with Yates as my other active rostered QB. And I'm facing the best team in the league, good luck to me :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't touch Powell. One of the Carolina backs will explode. Match ups are way to good.

Question is whether it's fozzie or Tolbert.

A) It's a Jet fan league
B) Powell's actually a viable option in a 16-team PPR, and got 21.4 points today in that scoring

Today turned out better than I had any right to expect, Marshall/Ivory held in check and the Jets still win (barely)...now my team needs to do the job tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
After having to deal with mediocre-bad QB'ing from Peyton, Bradford, Osweiler, McCown and Hasselbeck all season (believe it or not, I started all those guys on my keeper league team - which considering it's a 16-team league and you can only roster two healthy QB's at once is amazing) I picked up Cousins this week for my latest desperation dart throw and had him AND Reed in my lineup for my semifinal against the best team in the league.

I love you Rex Ryan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->