Next Year (21/22) : Lines/Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hopefully next year we can be like the Ducks team this year.

Fun to watch, even if we aren't very good. Hopefully Zadina and Seider give us some entertainment, and then we get to see some of Berggren, Veleno, and possibly Raymond.

Will be nice to actually see the next wave coming, as opposed to it all being hypothetical.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
guys on my radar :

- MARTINEZ TO PARTNER WITH AND MENTOR SEIDER
- LANDESKOG TO JOIN HIS FELLOW SWEDES , A RUGGED LEADER . ONLY 28
- FOLIGNO TO CENTER 2 AND GIVE LARKIN ADVICE ON CAPTAIN JOB
- HAMILTON LONG TERM

Last edited:

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
guys on my radar :

- MARTINEZ TO PARTNER WITH AND MENTOR SEIDER
- LANDESKOG TO JOIN HIS FELLOW SWEDES , A RUGGED LEADER . ONLY 28
- FOLIGNO TO CENTER 2 AND GIVE LARKIN ADVICE ON CAPTAIN JOB

Really like this plan but if we could only get one, Landeskog would be my choice. I think he would help everyone on the ice and clear up some ice for Larkin and Zadina. Landeskog/Larkin/Zadina is a very nice looking line.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The Comeback Kid pt II. (Fabbri was Pt.I) Hopefully Svech & McIsaac are Parts III & IV. I thought he was for sure a good future NHL 3rd liner, til this season, now he has Top6 written (re-written) all over again, thanks to his comeback.

upload_2021-3-30_18-46-25.png

So excited to see this kid!

Also, we should draft/sign any player named: Jonatan/Jonathan Ber_____

Last edited:
Reactions: David D

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
I want to keep Svech around.

Next Year

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Berggren-Vlad-Zadina
Fabbri-Ras-Svechnikov
Erne-Glendening-Givani

Top line in GR
Raymond-Veleno-Hirose?

Berggren with Zadina would make for a very fun watch. I'm all for it.

Now if only we could get Wright/Lambert/Savoie to center them :P

Reactions: evolutionbaby

William Rusco

Dec 16, 2020
I want to keep Svech around.

Next Year

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Berggren-Vlad-Zadina
Fabbri-Ras-Svechnikov
Erne-Glendening-Givani

Top line in GR
Raymond-Veleno-Hirose?

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Ryan-Fabbri-Zadina
Ras-Vlad-Scechnikov
Erne-LGD-Smith

i see Bergrren in GR for at least 1/2 season.

Ryan if he's not moved at the TDL

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Bertuzzi - Larkin - TDL Bait
Vrana - Rasmussen - Zadina
Svechkinov - Namestiknov - Fabbri
Erne - Glendening - Smith

Hamilton - Hronek
Dekeyeser - Cholowski
Stecher - Lindstrom

Fulcher
Greiss

Load up for a 1C and a Calder Cup.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I’m assuming Panik is picked up by Seattle over Svech. Gotta say it was tough to slot the Def with the addition of Seider and a UFA while trying to keep Staal who I like. I’d have Veleno and Berggren start in GR. If Raymond makes it out of camp he can slot the on 3rd and Svech can continue the fight to stay in the lineup.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Zadina
Vrana-Namestnikov-Fabbri
Svech-Rasmussen-UFA/Raymond
Erne-Glendening-Smith

Dekeyser-Hronek
UFA(Edler/Martinez)-Seider
Staal-Stetcher
Cholowski or Lindstrom rotating with our weakest link defenseman

Greiss
UFA (Hopefully Bernier)

Last edited:
Reactions: 14ari13

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The more I watch Namestnikov, the more useless he looks. I hope the team protects Smith over Vlad.

I also think Cholo and Lindstrom should be protected over Stecher. Stech has good games and bad, he doesn't have enough consistency to want him in the long run.

Cholo and Lindstrom also seem to have consistency issues, but they're younger with more potential. Cholo is playing much better than I expected, but I had expectations set really low for him.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Vrana - Rasmussen - Fabbri
Erne - Namestikov - UFA
Panik-Glendenning-Smith
Svechnikov/UFA/GR call-up 13F

Merrill-Hronek
UFA (Martinez plz)-Seider
Cholowski-Stetcher
Djoos/Staal/Lindstrom 7D

Bernier
Greiss

Bury Nielsen and Dekeyser on LTIR. Let Helm, Filpulla, Gagner, and at least one of Staal/Djoos walk.

I think Bobby Ryan might retire.

The left side of our defense is a crisis in the short term, medium term, and long term. Curious to see how Yzerman addresses it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not much use for Ryan anymore, but I wouldn't mind if he re-signed for $1M again. No big deal either way, he really didn't do much after the first few games.

The left side of our defense is a crisis in the short term, medium term, and long term. Curious to see how Yzerman addresses it.

do people expect merrill to come back or do they just not know he’s gone
I don't. You don't trade a guy for a 4th if you want him back. I think Staal is the guy Stevie keeps, it's all about boring low event hockey. He is by far the most boring out of the recent acquisitions, but he's also the most consistent defensively and he's not soft.

There isn't much besides Jones and Ekholm as far as 2022 UFA D, so I think Stevie should go for an upgrade this offseason. Hronek has been playing both sides recently since the TDL (Nemeth and Merrill both traded) which means signing a RHD UFA is not out of the question.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
do people expect merrill to come back or do they just not know he’s gone

I was suggesting we might re-sign him.

Next year we only have Dekeyser and Cholowski under contract for LHD. At this point, I'm not really sold on either as NHL defensemen.

We've got to add at least one LHD in UFA this summer. I think Merrill makes sense because he's shown that he's willing to sign here.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The more I watch Namestnikov, the more useless he looks. I hope the team protects Smith over Vlad.

I also think Cholo and Lindstrom should be protected over Stecher. Stech has good games and bad, he doesn't have enough consistency to want him in the long run.

Cholo and Lindstrom also seem to have consistency issues, but they're younger with more potential. Cholo is playing much better than I expected, but I had expectations set really low for him.
I don't see anything in namestikov and Smith. I have no idea what Yzerman and Blashill see at practice, but in the games I have watched they look bad or not good.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Vrana - Rasmussen - Fabbri
Erne - Namestikov - UFA
Panik-Glendenning-Smith
Svechnikov/UFA/GR call-up 13F

Merrill-Hronek
UFA (Martinez plz)-Seider
Cholowski-Stetcher
Djoos/Staal/Lindstrom 7D

Bernier
Greiss

Bury Nielsen and Dekeyser on LTIR. Let Helm, Filpulla, Gagner, and at least one of Staal/Djoos walk.

You don't have a single young player in that lineup, but there at least 5 and some of them have to get a spot.

I actually watched a bit of the game. I checked the stats and he played only 11 min. I believe Nemeth has yet to play for the Avs.

Reactions: David D

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I don't see anything in namestikov and Smith. I have no idea what Yzerman and Blashill see at practice, but in the games I have watched they look bad or not good.

You don't have a single young player in that lineup, but there at least 5 and some of them have to get a spot.

I actually watched a bit of the game. I checked the stats and he played only 11 min. I believe Nemeth has yet to play for the Avs.

I'm not sure that any rookie bar Seider makes the roster opening night.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I have a hard time seeing how Berggren is not one of our best 9 forwards, personally.

I think that's fair. With the Wings, I've just come to err on the side of our prospects not making the Day 1 roster. I know the rebuild theoretically means that the kids will come up earlier, but I'd still bet on Veleno, Berggren, and Raymond starting in GR. Happy to be wrong of course, I want to see them in Detroit as much as anyone.

My lineup has a UFA opening on the 3rd line, that could easily be Berggren too. Veleno/Raymond could make the lineup if we moved guys like Erne/Namestikov down a line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think that's fair. With the Wings, I've just come to err on the side of our prospects not making the Day 1 roster. I know the rebuild theoretically means that the kids will come up earlier, but I'd still bet on Veleno, Berggren, and Raymond starting in GR. Happy to be wrong of course, I want to see them in Detroit as much as anyone.

My lineup has a UFA opening on the 3rd line, that could easily be Berggren too. Veleno/Raymond could make the lineup if we moved guys like Erne/Namestikov down a line.

True, but Berggren is someone with just about 100 games played in a men's league over the last 3 seasons. This last year he was a top player on his team in that league.

So I think he is a bit different than some of these other guys, and will get more of a chance.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
In today NHL 21-22 year old kids make big step up. Bergreen and Veleno right at that stage. It's all depends on training camp. 19 year old Raymond going to be better than half of this team . It's a joke to see Helm or Fillpula on the first line.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
perfect scenario is we have a hush hush with werenski after 2022 and sandbag all next year.

Take Wallstedt
Take lambos with WSH
Get wright or lambert

Raymond Wright Zadina
Vrana Larkin Berggren
Bertuzzi Rasmussen Fabbri
Veleno

Johansson Seider
Werenski Hroenk
lambos stetcher
wallinder mcissac chowlowski

Wallstedt

Reactions: SDWings

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I think I am now leaning towards a Zach Hyman deal this off season to improve our offense. Then instead of Dougie Hamilton at $7M for 7 years, I go with one older guy on shorter contract and one solid guy at a low end contract. We have some good young players coming up and some current players who will need to be re-upped, so looking at current and long term issues. So here is my plan:

1. Zach Hyman- 5 years @ $5.25 per (ending with him being 34)- wanted 4@$5.5 but don't think that will get it done.
2. Alec Martinez- 2 years @ $7M ($4M first year and $3M next)
3. Derek Forbort- 1 year @ $1.5M
4. Jaroslav Halak- 1 year @ $2.25M

Svech gets picked by Seattle instead of Namestnikov. DDK, we buy out.

2022 Lineup

Vrana/Larkin/Zadina
Berggren/Hayman/Bertuzzi
Fabbri/Ras/Panik
Erne/Namestnikov/Smith
(Veleno/Raymond/Hirose/Grewe/Verbeek/Pearson- waiting at GR)

Martinez/Seider
Forbort/Hronek
Cholowski/Stecher
(Djoos/Lindstrom/McIsaac/Sebrango/Holway in GR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad