Fiala - 8
Kap - 8
JEE - 4.5
Hartman - 2
Menell - 1
Rossi - ELC
Addison - ELC
Boldy - ELC

$2M in cap space. More if we buy out Rask.
I don't see any way Kaprizov or Fiala get 8M as RFA. That's more than Point, Barzal, DeBrincat, Boeser and several other players that have done far more. There is also no reason to sign either of these guys to a 7 or 8 year contract given what they have done on the ice. Kaprizov has played 15 games and you're already signing him to an 8x8 contract? That's nuts.

Also, JEE at 4.5M? I would guess it's something like 2 years at 3M at this point. I know offense isn't his specialty, but he's never even paced at 40 points. Who is another player that is making 4.5M a year that hasn't done that?

Reactions: MNRube

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It would be foolish for the Wild to not offer an 8 year contract for starters.
His agent would be an idiot to accept a long term deal in this environment. He’ll do what Makar will do, sign a bridge to UFA and swing for the fences at that time.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
More likely that Dumba gets traded before expansion draft

I would assume so too. His stock his lower but from what I hear he is still a good offensive Dman for PP and 2nd pairing right ?

The problem remains that in the scenario from the MIN fan before, you still are going to replace him with a player with cap. I don't see Kaprizov getting 8m right away.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would assume so too. His stock his lower but from what I hear he is still a good offensive Dman for PP and 2nd pairing right ?

The problem remains that in the scenario from the MIN fan before, you still are going to replace him with a player with cap. I don't see Kaprizov getting 8m right away.

Pretty sure we would replace Dumba with Menell or Addison, both will be on their ELC deals.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't see any way Kaprizov or Fiala get 8M as RFA. That's more than Point, Barzal, DeBrincat, Boeser and several other players that have done far more. There is also no reason to sign either of these guys to a 7 or 8 year contract given what they have done on the ice. Kaprizov has played 15 games and you're already signing him to an 8x8 contract? That's nuts.

Also, JEE at 4.5M? I would guess it's something like 2 years at 3M at this point. I know offense isn't his specialty, but he's never even paced at 40 points. Who is another player that is making 4.5M a year that hasn't done that?

It’s called “overestimating”. The purpose is to go high to show the extent of what could work, if necessary. Of course I’d like to get all those guys at a lower rate.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Ok makes sense. But isn't MIN trying to contend ? Isn't it risky to have so many ELC player ?

The Wild are still in a quasi-rebuild and will be for the next season or two. Next season we will see at least 3 rookies in the every day line-up (Boldy, Rossi, Menell/Addison).

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
His ELC is over after this season, so what are the Wild going to offer him, and what is Kirill going to accept?

He's 24 so it's 3 years untill UFA. I think, it's going to be 2 year bridge with $5-6M per.

I see. them being able to make a fair offer somewhere around or bit above 5x6M

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Kaprizov would be dumb to give up that much term so cheaply. I agree with a 2/5.5-6m bridge. If longer term, I am expecting north of 7. He's a legit top line winger.

He could be great, but there is some risk associated with that. He's definitely not as proven over long term as most first liners. 6-7M is probably fair for 5 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He's also gotten zero opportunity to play the PP or offensive minutes before this year. He had 25 minutes of PP time from 2016-2020. He has 25 minutes in the 15 games of 2021 alone. He paced for 39 points solely on his EV scoring last year. That's solidly 2nd line Scoring numbers, with a huge plus of being fantastic defensively.

Only 15 games so far, but as our defacto 1C he's pacing for 55 points(over 82 games).

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Brandon "Foundational Piece" Sutter - it was a brutal contract then and its a brutal contract now.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
It’s called “overestimating”. The purpose is to go high to show the extent of what could work, if necessary. Of course I’d like to get all those guys at a lower rate.
Fair. But if we go into next season with the only additions to our roster being ELC guys, that would be a disaster. I don't think there's any question we have enough cap space to sign our own guys, and we should definitely have more than $2M in cap space after we get them signed.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Why did the Wild burn his 2019 year? Kaprizov's ELC is 2 years and there was no need for him to play in 2019. Could they not have slid it over?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the Wild are going to want to sign him to a Connor-esque contract, and if he and his agent are smart they should be looking for a year or two bridge to build up his value and hopefully end up with something like 8-9 on a long term deal.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why did the Wild burn his 2019 year? Kaprizov's ELC is 2 years and there was no need for him to play in 2019. Could they not have slid it over?

That was a good will move by the Wild to Kaprizov so he could make more money sooner. They could have delayed it until this year because he didn't even play last season, but didn't.

Reactions: OrangePMD and 42

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

The risk was he'd sign back up with CSKA for the covid year, then they'd only have a 1 year ELC anyway. Just a year later.

Better to get him locked in.

Reactions: 42

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad