Value of: Next Kaprizov's contract

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
His ELC is over after this season, so what are the Wild going to offer him, and what is Kirill going to accept?

He's 24 so it's 3 years untill UFA. I think, it's going to be 2 year bridge with $5-6M per.

That would be unacceptable from the team's POV.

Long way to go still, but unless he absolutely explodes the rest of the way, we should have the capability to make him a fair long-term offer.

Reactions: rynryn

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That would be unacceptable from the team's POV.

Long way to go still, but unless he absolutely explodes the rest of the way, we should have the capability to make him a fair long-term offer.

His agent isn't idiot and won't sign anything long, if it's not $8M/year at least. Probably more. Minnesota won't give him this money after just one season.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
His agent isn't idiot and won't sign anything long, if it's not $8M/year at least. Probably more. Minnesota won't give him this money after just one season.

It was mentioned on last talknorth podcast, or while back Guerin will try to sign him to long term deal.

Wild aren't signing him to 2 years deal so he can become unrestricted free agent. Also his agent is friendly with wild. 5-6 years deal isn't long enough for his agent to say no

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It was mentioned on last talknorth podcast, or while back Guerin will try to sign him to long term deal.

Wild aren't signing him to 2 years deal so he can become unrestricted free agent. Also his agent is friendly with wild. 5-6 years deal isn't long enough for his agent to say no

He'll be RFA in 2 years. I think, he'll go Panarin's way (aside from political talks): ELC => bridge => long big money contract. He's almost 24 not 18. He won't waste his whole prime years for 6M/year.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
He'll be RFA in 2 years. I think, he'll go Panarin's way (aside from political talks): ELC => bridge => long big money contract. He's almost 24 not 18. He won't waste his whole prime years for 6M/year.

He's a RFA this off-season. Free agent in 2 years where he would be 27

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
bridge 1-2 years at 4.5-5.5 million probably most likely, followed by whatever long term deal he'll get after that which will be dictated by his play over all 2-3 years.

Or long term now. Perhaps 6 years at 7 million, or 8 years at 8 million. I can't see it getting any higher than that.

Reactions: Grabner

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Fiala is up to. It'll be interesting to see who goes first in this scenerio, and what that does to the other's negotiating leverage.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Fiala is up to. It'll be interesting to see who goes first in this scenerio, and what that does to the other's negotiating leverage.
I think Kaprizov might surprise people with his deal. I know conventional speculation is Russians want the highest cap hit they can get. I think Kap is a bit different from all accounts he loves the market and he really acts like a team first guy. I'm not saying he will take a hometown discount. I just could see him signing maybe for a year longer and a mil cheaper than people think when the time comes.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Fun fact, next year, MIN has 22m cap room to sign 9 players, incl. Kaprizov + Fiala. That should be taken into account. The question will also be whether or not the player wants to sign long term with the team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fun fact, next year, MIN has 22m cap room to sign 9 players, incl. Kaprizov + Fiala. That should be taken into account. The question will also be whether or not the player wants to sign long term with the team.

Dumba out due to expansion.

Fiala - 8
Kap - 8
JEE - 4.5
Hartman - 2
Menell - 1
Rossi - ELC
Addison - ELC
Boldy - ELC

$2M in cap space. More if we buy out Rask.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
His ELC is over after this season, so what are the Wild going to offer him, and what is Kirill going to accept?

He's 24 so it's 3 years untill UFA. I think, it's going to be 2 year bridge with $5-6M per.

Not likely. Guerin will want to sign him long term....7-8 years ~$8 million per.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Dumba out due to expansion.

Fiala - 8
Kap - 8
JEE - 4.5
Hartman - 2
Menell - 1
Rossi - ELC
Addison - ELC
Boldy - ELC

$2M in cap space. More if we buy out Rask.

You think MIN exposes Dumba ? Anyway then you have to replace him so let s assume another 3m ? You are already short on cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad