Value of: Next Kaprizov's contract

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
4 years is I think the second worst contract length he could possibly receive from a team perspective, right after 3 years. I would be extremely disappointed in Guerin if Kaprizov got 4 years.

Sorry I forgot to read the part about his age. I guess 5-6 years but 6 mil would be a good idea.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sorry I forgot to read the part about his age. I guess 5-6 years but 6 mil would be a good idea.
If he would sign for 6 years at 6M, Wild fans would be cheering in the streets and Guerin would receive an extra phone for negotiations. I would love that, but I don't think it's going to be that easy.

I could see Fiala going for something like that at this point though.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He will get a contract on the higher end of what would be considered fair and it will take him out of this COVID mess and into a more certain financial time for a long term contract where he cashes in for every penny he can get at the age of 27.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
He will get a contract on the higher end of what would be considered fair and it will take him out of this COVID mess and into a more certain financial time for a long term contract where he cashes in for every penny he can get at the age of 27.

Well according to a recording of talk north podcast, wild with plenty of capspace are planning to sign Fiala, & kaprizov long term this summer instead of short term where he can become unrestricted free agent.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well according to a recording of talk north podcast, wild with plenty of capspace are planning to sign Fiala, & kaprizov long term this summer instead of short term where he can become unrestricted free agent.

Yeah it's always the plan to sign your young guys long term instead of letting them become a UFA. It takes two to sign a contract though.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I’m sure that is what the Wild want to do. Players seem to want to sign contracts that have more stability and less money getting clawed back from the revenue split.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
4 years is I think the second worst contract length he could possibly receive from a team perspective, right after 3 years. I would be extremely disappointed in Guerin if Kaprizov got 4 years.

I know 4 years would not be what the wild want. But because we're Minnesota, this is how it will happen lol. Without fail, Minnesota sports teams just can't catch break.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not a chance in hell this guy gets 9mil long term after 1 good season, especially when he’s an RFA. Also, keep in mind this is a flat cap, so contract will be less.

A guy like Boeser got 5.875m for 3 years, so maybe 5mil for 2 years?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
"Silver lining", if you want to call it that, is that Fiala isn't exactly heading towards a cap buster deal right now, so that might give us a little more room than we would've thought coming into the season.

I think people talking about $9M+ are going overboard though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not a chance in hell this guy gets 9mil long term after 1 good season, especially when he’s an RFA. Also, keep in mind this is a flat cap, so contract will be less.

A guy like Boeser got 5.875m for 3 years, so maybe 5mil for 2 years?

He's a better player than Boeser, so

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
"Silver lining", if you want to call it that, is that Fiala isn't exactly heading towards a cap buster deal right now, so that might give us a little more room than we would've thought coming into the season.

I brought up 8-9M on a long term deal specifically after a 1-2 year bridge where he builds upon what he's doing now. I didn't say 9M for 7-8 years right now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

I am a little concerned that Guerin might not give Fiala a very long deal

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

I’d be more than comfortable if he got $8M x 8 at this point. That skating clinic he put on at 4v4 just convinced me that he’s absolutely the real deal. He’s not in Panarin category yet, but the dude is quickly heading towards being one of the best wingers in the league.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One Billion dollars.

This guy is a bigger, stronger Marchand with better hair and none of the face licking.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I am a little concerned that Guerin might not give Fiala a very long deal

Hopefully he's savvy enough to recognize a buy low opportunity if it presents itself. Of course, as we saw last year, he could go for 15 points in his next 10 games or something and be right back up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad