Next Country to Win a World Cup

Which country will be the next to win a World Cup?

• Total voters

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
There's obviously more to it than just talent, but talent is definitely necessary.

Yes, talent is a requirement, but winning a World Cup is a bit like winning the Cup. A great first line will only get you so far, what about the 3rd and 4th line or the 2nd pairing of D-men? Small countries struggle in the World Cup's K.O. rounds generally because they lack the depth of a Germany, Italy or Brazil where even the 16th or 17th guy on the squad is a good player playing for a good team in an elite league while with the smaller nations it might be some dude playing in the Championship or the mediocre local league.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Yes, hilarious "joke" ... then proceeds to double down. Oh they bribed their way to host a WC. Just like the previous 20 hosts? You understand how fifa works right?

preseason, fake tournament. Means nothing.

what makes it halarious is that you're foaming at the mouth at an obviously ironic non-serious post, but you're obviously taking it very serious.. so please go on about all the reasons why Qatar won't win, I'm getting a kick out it. You understand how trolling works right? hahaha

But Germany (proven), and most likely US, France and all the others did the same. So?

France won lol...so yeah..so? lmao

Last edited:

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
Well, nobody said refs won it for us

well surely you must've paid Sony to get a Playstation in Ronaldo's room ; )

Yeah, foaming at the mouth... lol. It was ridiculous post and you got called out for it.

yes! it was a ridiculous post and you took it seriously, that's why this is hilarious LMAO
funny you just had an issue with buying refs, why not with recruiting an international squad of mercenaries? :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
well surely you must've paid Sony to get a Playstation in Ronaldo's room ; )

yes! it was a ridiculous post and you took it seriously, that's why this is hilarious LMAO
funny you just had an issue with buying refs, why not with recruiting an international squad of mercenaries? :laugh:
It was ridiculous but I doubt you were joking since you doubled down. Couldnt care less about the other crap.

Reactions: robertmac43

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
It was ridiculous but I doubt you were joking since you doubled down. Couldnt care less about the other crap.

It was so blatantly not serious, that I just can't fathom anyone taking it as such. Therefore, I can't think of any other words than stupid or an idiot for anyone that actually thinks it was serious. But it seems that it's not past you.

double down? lol dude, as I said in my initial response (after prefacing that I didn't even think 'twas necessary to point it wasn't serious), "I'll play" - as in I'll play along with your response by pointing out how ridiculous of a premise you were taking (they don't have a history of buying refs). Apparently buying FIFA officials doesn't translate to buying refs :sarcasm:
The past doesn't mean anything, you could say the same thing about Korea, and after 2002 everyone and their mothers could've sworn they bought refs..

But anyway, Qatar will win the next WC. :D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It was so blatantly not serious, that I just can't fathom anyone taking it as such. Therefore, I can't think of any other words than stupid or an idiot for anyone that actually thinks it was serious. But it seems that it's not past you.

double down? lol dude, as I said in my initial response (after prefacing that I didn't even think 'twas necessary to point it wasn't serious), "I'll play" - as in I'll play along with your response by pointing out how ridiculous of a premise you were taking (they don't have a history of buying refs). Apparently buying FIFA officials doesn't translate to buying refs :sarcasm:
The past doesn't mean anything, you could say the same thing about Korea, and after 2002 everyone and their mothers could've sworn they bought refs..

Yeah, except a number of other people also called you out... but what ever helps chief.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Thanks for stopping bye...

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, except a number of other people also called you out... but what ever helps chief.

1st is you, which doesn't surprise me, the butthurt runs deep within you since the WC Argentina discussions.
2nd is your BFF robertmac, who apparently just followed your lead and it's actually really cute how you both team up and like each other's post.
3rd, was Emilio, who was actually responding to my "I'll play along" rhetoric in response to you. But he's another longtime butthurt poster with me from way back discussions. But even then he wasn't going after my initial joke post.

face it, my post was not serious, you got uber trolled.

Thanks for stopping bye...

you guys make a cute couple, happy you both found love.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
1st is you, which doesn't surprise me, the butthurt runs deep within you since the WC Argentina discussions.
2nd is your BFF robertmac, who apparently just followed your lead and it's actually really cute how you both team up and like each other's post.
3rd, was Emilio, who was actually responding to my "I'll play along" rhetoric in response to you. But he's another longtime butthurt poster with me from way back discussions. But even then he wasn't going after my initial joke post.

face it, my post was not serious, you got uber trolled.

you guys make a cute couple, happy you both found love.
I honestly had forgotten about all that... hell I don't even know why anyone would be carrying any resentment. Clearly it was weighing on you though. As for the rest of it, you're clearly a child. Enjoy pumpkin.

Reactions: Gecklund

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
I voted Belgium, but on second thought I don't think Belgium or Holland have that final spark. They'll fo well and lose on penalties or something. In Qatar I bet the winner is one of the "usual suspects".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad