Next Country to Win a World Cup

Which country will be the next to win a World Cup?

• Total voters

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I would say Netherlands or Belgium.

No one has mentioned Norway yet. Not that I think they have a realistic shot, but they seem to be doing a very solid job of player development and could be a very formidable team in a few years.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I would say Netherlands or Belgium.

No one has mentioned Norway yet. Not that I think they have a realistic shot, but they seem to be doing a very solid job of player development and could be a very formidable team in a few years.
But then you can take Switzerland and Austria too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Norway I could see being a dark horse with this upcoming generation. Not sure what their whole defence will be like but having Ajer, Berge, Odegaard and Haaland will go a long way.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Norway I could see being a dark horse with this upcoming generation. Not sure what their whole defence will be like but having Ajer, Berge, Odegaard and Haaland will go a long way.

A dark horse to qualify for a World Cup, and make the 2nd round, sure. But win the thing? Yeah right after Slovakia and Armenia.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A dark horse to qualify for a World Cup, and make the 2nd round, sure. But win the thing? Yeah right after Slovakia and Armenia.
I wasn’t aware that those countries had that caliber of talent all coming into their primes together.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't think Norway has the depth for more than upsets in individual matches quite frankly, despite some exciting individuals the overall ability is very average and will inevitably find its limits.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Belgium is the closest and to me were better than Croatia last WC.
But they only have one single shot at it now.
I don't see a new winner next time.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Qatar will win it. They'll recruit a mercenary Frankenstein squad of primadonna's that care about nothing other than cash and give citizenship right away, then buy out a couple of refs/games. Easy peasy. Guaranteed victory.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the more interesting question for me is when one of the other continents will finally win a world cup. If a Belgium, or Holland wins, I'm sure it would be a massive moment for those nations, but I don't think it would move the needle beyond that.

I usually get on board when an African team goes on a run. It usually adds some spice to the tournament, and those stories keep me captivated more than anything else.

Mexico has not even made the quarterfinals since 86, but they seem like one of those nations that can go on a run if the stars align in this type of tournament setting.

Other than that, is there anything brewing in Asia? I would guess not, but don't follow this sport as closely as I once did.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Qatar will win it. They'll recruit a mercenary Frankenstein squad of primadonna's that care about nothing other than cash and give citizenship right away, then buy out a couple of refs/games. Easy peasy. Guaranteed victory.
Yes because they have a history of buying refs/games...

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think the more interesting question for me is when one of the other continents will finally win a world cup. If a Belgium, or Holland wins, I'm sure it would be a massive moment for those nations, but I don't think it would move the needle beyond that.

I usually get on board when an African team goes on a run. It usually adds some spice to the tournament, and those stories keep me captivated more than anything else.

Mexico has not even made the quarterfinals since 86, but they seem like one of those nations that can go on a run if the stars align in this type of tournament setting.

Other than that, is there anything brewing in Asia? I would guess not, but don't follow this sport as closely as I once did.
I know Guillou started an academy in Vietnam and IIRC Thailand. I know some players are starting to look good. Doesn't seem likely they'll win a WC anytime soon though.
Africa is possible. Look at Ghana. Without some awful cheating they would have been in a semi final and who knows?

Reactions: JianYang

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Yes because they have a history of buying refs/games...

I don't even think it's necessary to clearly point out that my post was a joke. But forgetting that irony doesn't seem to compute inside your brain. I'll play...

they literally bought FIFA to host a WC...what's your point? buying a ref is not in their budget? LMAOOO

ae0ee790f336747a3c128bcfde015264.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't even think it's necessary to clearly point out that my post was a joke. But forgetting that irony doesn't seem to compute inside your brain. I'll play...

they literally bought FIFA to host a WC...what's your point? buying a ref is not in their budget? LMAOOO

Yes, hilarious "joke" ... then proceeds to double down. Oh they bribed their way to host a WC. Just like the previous 20 hosts? You understand how fifa works right?

I don't know about that, the most recent version was super entertaining and had a very high skill level. It was much more than a friendly tournament.

preseason, fake tournament. Means nothing.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

ae0ee790f336747a3c128bcfde015264.jpg
But Germany (proven), and most likely US, France and all the others did the same. So?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad