Next Captain?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Sorry. This has been talked about so many times, mostly to dismiss MArkov as the captain.

Pat Hickey reported once that Markov had turned down the captaincy and had no interest in it.

Markov in a one-on-one Stubbs interview contradicted that and said he had never turned the captaincy down.

Jacques Martin confirmed that when they gave the captaincy to Gionta that Markov had never been offered it and had never rejected it.

Having said that I hope he takes it if offered, it would be part of a great legacy and career in Montreal.
I think if he got three years at his age, that the Habs respect him a lot.

Captain = Markov
Assistant = Plekanec (takes C if Markov injured)
2nd Assistant = Pacioretty

3rd assistant (if injuries, etc.) = Subban

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Subban-Stamkos.jpg

PK already has worn the C. Give it back.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Plekanec or Markov. Nice transition period for our younger players to step up.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
PK Subban. Please. Enough already

Yes. It will develop him as a player and leader. It would really set the tone for the club the next 10 years. Do it. Boring giving it to vets who aren't that good of leaders anyways.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I would give it to Markov, but he doesn't want it so give it to Plekanec. He did captain the Czech team and Jagr was present.

Everyone who is saying Subban for captain hold your horses, let a veteran with more experience take it first, his time will come.

I agree. I think PK will get the C someday but that time isn't now.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The internal dynamics-which probably aren't known by many who aren't real insiders-should decide who gets assigned the 'C' and the Assistants.

I do think that Subban would sulk endlessly if not given an A.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
Gionta sees Plekanec as next captain of #Habs. Many good young guys coming up, he says, but he doesn't believe they're ready for C yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad