Next Captain?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'm sure sure if I see Subban as a captain yet. I do think he's a leader, and I think he loves the team, but I'm not sure if he's the guy you want leading your team. Especially if he milks the habs for all we're worth with his new contract.

I bet it would come down to a vote with the players, and they would either choose Markov of Plekanec (most likely Markov) and then in 2 years when he retires it'll go to one of Subban/Gallagher/Other

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Captain isnt for the camera and the media.
For me, there's only one choice at this point: MARKOV

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I'm sure sure if I see Subban as a captain yet. I do think he's a leader, and I think he loves the team, but I'm not sure if he's the guy you want leading your team. Especially if he milks the habs for all we're worth with his new contract.

I bet it would come down to a vote with the players, and they would either choose Markov of Plekanec (most likely Markov) and then in 2 years when he retires it'll go to one of Subban/Gallagher/Other

So Kane and Toews should be the leaders of their team because they are trying to reach a $12M per year deal too?

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
How does Gorges feel today, the media had him as the next captain of the club and now they want to trade him to a sworn enemy.

I really don't know who I would have as captain now, I would like Gallagher but he is too young. I personally think PK as an assistant is fine but not as captain.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Go with three As until somebody steps up.

Markov (He won't mind the A)
Subban

Plus you'd need the guy designated to speak to the ref and that could be Plekanec.

What if MB signs Saku Koivu for a year? Not advocating it, but what if he does, does he come back as captain?

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Plek is just too quiet imo, and wasn't Markov already offered the C once?

It should be Subban. He is one of the few guys on the team that goes all out, and leaves nothing on the ice. He's already used to all the media scrutiny, and we saw how he handled the situation in Boston with the twitter remarks. When he speaks to the media, you can tell his head is on right, he's intelligent and eloquent. He likes the attention, and can handle the pressure. Other than Price, PK is already the face of the franchise.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Offer the C to Subban as part of his contract negotiations, sort of like a bonus, to get him to sign for a little less. :sarcasm:

PK deserves it IMO sure he's young but he's smart and spirited and he'll grow into it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love PK more than anybody, but anyone thinking he'll get the C needs to give their head a shake. There is only one candidate...Markov.

exactly. PK should get an A though. Give it to the General. He played with tons of heart in the playoffs. Until Markov retires than give it to PK.

Brendan Gallagher.

Yes, I'm serious.

Not a bad choice at all. If age didn't mean anything, Gallagher and PK play the way that I'd like to see my Captain play. It won't happen (not now anyways) but he plays just like a captain should.

No he didn't. That's a myth.

don't know whether it was or not but if he did turn it down in the past, I doubt he'd turn it down again. He really wanted it to win this spring; playing physical and blocking shots like i never seen him do before. Plus I'd love seeing him with the C.

We've stuck by him and he's stuck by us. He should be the first choice.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Markov: His if he wants it.

Prust: Has the gravitas. Can he command the room?

Pleks: Has the respect. But does he have any message to send?

Subban: Has the passion. Has the communication. Does he command respect?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Plekanec and Markov would be good picks simply because of their maturity, leadership and seniority on the team.

Subban would be great because he is the face of the franchise and wants to win at all cost.

Price is obviously the leader of this team but he is the goaltender so no dice.

Among the youngsters you've got Gallagher and Eller who could be good bets to get A's

I am not a big fan of Pacioretty's drive/effort and would not give him a letter.

Another solid choice for an A would be Weaver or Prust.

C Subban
A Markov and Plekanec
other As if injuries strike Gallagher, Weaver, Prust, Eller, Moen, Bourque

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Gio officially gone. Captain PK. Make it so \(^▽^)/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad