Next Captain?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
C - Plekanec
A - Markov
A - Pacioretty

IMO it'll be those 3 with letters on the jersey whether we decide to go with a captain or just 3 assistants

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
C Markov
A Plekanec
A Desharnais? (we need a franco :sarcasm:)

I would hold on a few years before giving Subban the C

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Prust will probably keep an A...

Doubt it. He did a lot the first year and barely anything last year. Love the guy, so does the team, but I do think there's a pecking order that in no way creates divisiveness. No matter who it is, they'll remain a close-knit bunch.

Pleks

Markov
Subban

Does seem kinnnnd of unfair to leave Patch out, cuz he is a leader in his own right (we're just still pissed at him for the playoffs and a little whining). Still I think the others deserve it. I could see him getting it over Subban, which would be the subject of Price vs. Halak level thread creation.

I get the Subban love, I just think we can wait for him to take over from Pleks. No need to rush it and TP is the epitome of captain material. Toews et al. were all situations where there was no leadership. We do have quite a bit, even though our young guys are becoming the core identity. (Weird to think of PK as young -- so accomplished, so soon.)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
C-Plekanec---100% sure he will have a letter either C or A
A-Markov--100%
A-Subban/Patches/Prust

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Subban is the only real choice for me. I find a Captain needs to be able to assert himself in the dressing room AND on the ice. You need a guy who can be a game changer and score that big goal, not just talk about scoring it. Subban is that player. He has matured and gained experience enough for me to see him with the C. If a player cannot be an on ice exemple of excellence to me he can have an A but not the C. Pleks and markov can for sure take an A, maybe Patches as well but I don't see any of these three being Captain material

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
Regardless of who the next captain is I hope that it is the players that decide and not management.

There is no way that I would want Therrien to have input on the next captain.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
As much as I want Subban to have the C, because really, he was our true leader all season and especially during the playoffs, I think Pacioretty will get the A over him, and either Pleks or Markov will get the C. Pacioretty wore the A a few times this season when there were injuries, so I'm thinking that trend continues into next season.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Logic says that it should be Plekanec. He was named captain of the Czech olympic team ahead of guys like Jagr, and Markov has already stated in the past that he doesnt want to be the captain. That being said, i dont think it'll be Plek because MB might want to move him at trade deadline (depending on how the team is doing and what our needs are).

It'll be interesting to see who gets to pick the captain (management or players), i have a feeling it'll be the management.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I think we will roll 3 A's next season and I think partially the reason will be to give Subban a trial run with a letter to see how he does before naming him captain.

IMO:

A: Plekanec
A: Markov
A: Subban

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad