Next Captain?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Lmao, Subban didn't even had an A last season and you think he's going to be named captain ? Markov, plekanec, gorges or prust are the candidates if gionta isn't back which sadly seems like he'll be there ...

You must have slept in?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Plekanec and Markov would be good picks simply because of their maturity, leadership and seniority on the team.

Subban would be great because he is the face of the franchise and wants to win at all cost.

Price is obviously the leader of this team but he is the goaltender so no dice.

Among the youngsters you've got Gallagher and Eller who could be good bets to get A's

I am not a big fan of Pacioretty's drive/effort and would not give him a letter.

Another solid choice for an A would be Weaver or Prust.

C Subban
A Markov and Plekanec
other As if injuries strike Gallagher, Weaver, Prust, Eller, Moen, Bourque
.. i dont ever want to see this

but I'm ok with the rest (C Subban, A Markov + Plek)

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Seriously. I don't give a **** what the Hockey world thinks. Subban should be the guy. He talks the talk and he walks the walk....not like a certain D playing for Buffalo next year...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs · 1m ·

Next captain of #Habs: Gorges 1st choice: Markov. "EVERYONE watches how he trains, prepares & plays. That's what you want from your leader"

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Seriously. I don't give a **** what the Hockey world thinks. Subban should be the guy. He talks the talk and he walks the walk....not like a certain D playing for Buffalo next year...

Can't argue with that...

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Markov turned it down once before, I'm sure he'd be cool with wearing an A and letting his partner PK wear the C

InnuJoker

P.K./Price 3x low 5
Feb 25, 2012
I hope it's gonna be Subban but reality is it's either Markov or Plekanec who'll get the C, plus the other will wear the A. Slim chance Subban get a sniff at the other A, my bet it's gonna be Prust who'll get that other first letter of the alphabet. Please let Subban be our captain!

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Markov turned it down once before, I'm sure he'd be cool with wearing an A and letting his partner PK wear the C

For the 100th time, no he didn't . Markov himself said he has never turned down the C, and Jacques Martin has said it was never offered.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
For the 100th time, no he didn't . Markov himself said he has never turned down the C, and Jacques Martin has said it was never offered.

Oh, sorry. I only remember the hype around him supposedly saying no.

Take a deep breath

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I would give it to Markov, but he doesn't want it so give it to Plekanec. He did captain the Czech team and Jagr was present.

Everyone who is saying Subban for captain hold your horses, let a veteran with more experience take it first, his time will come.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Oh, sorry. I only remember the hype around him supposedly saying no.

Take a deep breath

Sorry. This has been talked about so many times, mostly to dismiss MArkov as the captain.

Pat Hickey reported once that Markov had turned down the captaincy and had no interest in it.

Markov in a one-on-one Stubbs interview contradicted that and said he had never turned the captaincy down.

Jacques Martin confirmed that when they gave the captaincy to Gionta that Markov had never been offered it and had never rejected it.

Having said that I hope he takes it if offered, it would be part of a great legacy and career in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad