Next 3 years- Wheeler vs Laine

Who would you rather have for the next 3 years, Wheeler or Laine?

• Wheeler

Votes: 94 62.3%
  • Laine

Votes: 57 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Laine very easily.

In fact even if you prefer Wheeler u should vote Laine. If u dont like him just trade him. His trade value is much higher than Wheelers.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I loved watching Laine play in his rookie season. Unfortunately his play keeps on getting worse with each passing year. So while Wheeler is way older I actually feel like Laine has a good chance of regressing more. It's weird seeing such a great young player turning into more and more of a one trick pony every year.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I loved watching Laine play in his rookie season. Unfortunately his play keeps on getting worse with each passing year. So while Wheeler is way older I actually feel like Laine has a good chance of regressing more. It's weird seeing such a great young player turning into more and more of a one trick pony every year.
Yeah Laine is a strange player. He's played 48 games so far this season. The first year Laine had 43 Points after 48 games, last year he had 38 Points after 48 games and now he has 34 Points.

The only positive is that he has 25 goals, which is more than he had in either of the previous two seasons after playing 48 games. Still 34 games to go, so there's a chance Laine can turn things around and put up a semi decent year after all, but it's not looking good.

The best shot for Laine is in February, we're he get favorable booking. Two games against Ottawa which is one of the worst teams in the League. And two games against Colorado, who have been falling apart lately and Laine has historically been good against them. Colorado is one of 5 teams that Laine has put up over 10 Points against so far in his career. Vegas and San Jose are the only strong teams Laine has to play in February, so that leaves 10 games against weaker teams, who are all likely to miss the playoffs...

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Let's hope not lol

Are you a jets fan? Or just a laine fan?

Both. Why do people think those things are mutually exclusive?

I'm just not as high on Wheeler as the general opinion is. And that pisses some people off unfortunately. If you speak realistically about Wheeler, people think you are bashing him, because everyone is used to the hyperbole the coach and some media use to talk about. I don't care for sacred cows, call it as I see it even if it wasn't a popular thing to say.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The only thing that's stopping this from being 100% votes for Wheeler is his age (who knows what he'll be like at 35, etc) because as of right now Wheeler is such a better player it's not even funny.

I still take Wheeler despite the age factor.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

I'm just not as high on Wheeler as the general opinion is. And that pisses some people off unfortunately. If you speak realistically about Wheeler, people think you are bashing him, because everyone is used to the hyperbole the coach and some media use to talk about. I don't care for sacred cows, call it as I see it even if it wasn't a popular thing to say.
You are not a Jets fans when you have admitted you are more interested in Laine's success than the success of the team

The irony about your Wheeler comments is too much. Of course it's you and you alone that sees the truth, and everyone else that is wrong. Just like with Laine :laugh:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

That's fair, and not an entirely ridiculous statement.

That being said, you mentioned that Laine is better today. I'm wondering, in which ways, aside from shooting (obviously) leads you to that conclusion.

Reactions: Uncle Bill

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
You are not a Jets fans when you have admitted you are more interested in Laine's success than the success of the team

The irony about your Wheeler comments is too much. Of course it's you and you alone that sees the truth, and everyone else that is wrong. Just like with Laine :laugh:

I'm not the only one who agrees on Laine, and have never said I'm more interested in Laine getting points tgan Jets winning . That's your narrative and repeating it doesn't make it true. Their successes are tied

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
That's just not how human biology works.

He went from a 70 pt player to a 90 pt player when Laine joined the group and Scheifele grew up to be a star. It's not growth.
Yeah he's kind of like John Bucyk and how he got a lot better when Orr and Esposito came along...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
One of the hardest questions, but picked Laine. But I'm super happy to have both on my team. I'm not even mad about not having McDavid or Crosby because I'm happy with these two.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
because as of right now Wheeler is such a better player it's not even funny.

How does that show, in your opinion? You're just looking at total points? I could understand that argument, but would also have to point out that it's completely void of any context, thus not very useful from analytics point of view.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

Because you're basically wishing wheeler regresses badly

You're pretty high on laine tho and wheeler is significantly better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad