News From Around the League - Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
BizNasty is the man. Him and Luongo are probably the only NHL players that are actually interesting and funny on twitter. The rest are pretty much what you'd expect. Couture is pretty good though too

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
BizNasty is the man. Him and Luongo are probably the only NHL players that are actually interesting and funny on twitter. The rest are pretty much what you'd expect. Couture is pretty good though too

He actually came over and played for the Cardiff Devils during the lockout. scored 6G 15A in 11 games. Surprised he didnt stay :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I remember 2 days ago someone said the Stars were stupid for giving up a 6th rounder for his rights because he was going to Russia.

The more you know.

Well now it's they're stupid for signing him to the contract lol.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isn't Gonchar like 40 now? $5 million?

apice3*

Well now it's they're stupid for signing him to the contract lol.

The contract sucks but the contract is irrelevant when discussing the trade they made to get his rights.

That's like the people that lump the 1st and 3rd round penalties into the Kovalchuk trade. It's unrelated.

apice3*

Plus it's not like the Stars are going to be spending to the cap anyway so who cares?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
**** it I'd rather have Gonchar for $5 million a year than his fellow countryman the Kremlin Kone for $4.2 million. At least Gonchar can get you 30-40 points or more if healthy, and isn't quite as big of a liability on defense. Though he isn't great defensively either, but it's better than no offense + no defense like we get with the Kone.

Honestly I'd rather not have either for anywhere near that price.:laugh:

I actually did think Sheldon Souray's contract kinda sucked though. Gonchar's might be worse, but Souray is on a cap ceiling team that might even have cap problems coming up here. Gonchar don't have the best slapshot in the league though like Sheldon brah!:sarcasm:

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m
RT @SportsnetSpec: Referees assigned to the Stanley Cup Final: Wes McCauley, Dan O'Halloran, Chris Rooney, Brad Watson.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
**** it I'd rather have Gonchar for $5 million a year than his fellow countryman the Kremlin Kone for $4.2 million. At least Gonchar can get you 30-40 points or more if healthy, and isn't quite as big of a liability on defense. Though he isn't great defensively either, but it's better than no offense + no defense like we get with the Kone.

Honestly I'd rather not have either for anywhere near that price.:laugh:

I actually did think Sheldon Souray's contract kinda sucked though. Gonchar's might be worse, but Souray is on a cap ceiling team that might even have cap problems coming up here. Gonchar don't have the best slapshot in the league though like Sheldon brah!:sarcasm:

Zidlicky was on pace for 32 points last year on a team that never ever ever scored. I don't think there's much of a difference between the two, honestly.

Status Quo*

How? How does that clown get ANOTHER Cup job? He should be reffing in the Federal Hockey League.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zidlicky was on pace for 32 points last year on a team that never ever ever scored. I don't think there's much of a difference between the two, honestly.

The Kremlin Kone is Volchenkov!

That's who I was talking about:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Zidlicky is also a Czech and not from Russia like Gonchar!;)

Seriously though it's no big deal. Maybe the $4.2 million thing threw you off a little bit. Both Zid and Volchenkov have around the same cap hit. Or maybe Zidlicky had a $4 million cap hit on this last contract?

Whatever it is it's still a joke he was making the same or a little less than Volchenkov.:amazed:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Pittsburgh needs to get real and realize Fleury is a mediocre starting goaltender. Ship him off whatever you can get and ride Vokoun/someone else. Use that extra cap space on improving the defense.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@RealKyper: Confirmed word out of Montreal and NY is #Canadian P.K Subban will be announced during Cup final as the winner of #NHL 2013 Norris trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad