News From Around the League - Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

The longer the Flames go without moving Iginla, the worse the deal gets.

All Pitt has to do is use common sense and figure out that something is up if all these reputable media outlets like TSN are saying the trade with Boston is done, and it drags on for some unknown reason... yet Feaster is still calling Pittsburgh. Aren't many GM's lawyers? They're not stupid. And that's why a lot of posters are out of their minds when they voice their unhappiness with the lack of leaks of the Devils. They keep everything hush for reasons exactly like this one.

Feaster took what Pittsburgh was offering. With Iginla's NTC, it wasn't getting any better than that.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Shero doesn't know that Iggy wants to play for the Pens and the Pens only. It's up to Feaster to "play the game" and try to stretch the elastic as much as he can.

He had a extra week to "play the game" and try to convince Shero that he was probably heading to Boston or let the media do the job for him, wich was done yesterday night when the entire world was convince that Iginla was headed to the Bruins.

To me, it just looks like a botched move that cost the Flames several key pieces on a team that desperatly needs them.

The only botched move was waiting this long to move him. His hand was forced because Iggy had only one destination in mind. Feaster is a buffoon, but he was in a tough spot here..

You are looking at this in a vacuum and its the wrong approach to take. You see the name iginla, the return they got and automatically think its a terrible move.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Well of course the other thread gets locked up. I didn`t notice.

Hope this doesn`t get lost in all the Pens/Iginla talk.

Best hockey commercials ever. :biglaugh:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I don't know how Iggy is going to react to the new city, the travel differences, and the different style of play. And also of not being "the guy".

It might not be an easy, quick transition. We all know how long it took Kovy to buy into something different, but that's a terrible example.

We'll see...

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The only botched move was waiting this long to move him. His hand was forced because Iggy had only one destination in mind. Feaster is a buffoon, but he was in a tough spot here..

You are looking at this in a vacuum and its the wrong approach to take. You see the name iginla, the return they got and automatically think its a terrible move.

I'm not denying that Feaster was in a rough spot... but it doesn't take away the fact that he could've played this alot better then he did, wich landed him a mediocre return at the end of the day.

Heck, if I was a Flames fan, I would've prefered the deal that Dallas got for Morrow over the junk Calgary got for Iginla and both players had a NTC at the time of the deals wich were a couple of days appart.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's already been said, where Feaster is plain wrong it that Iginla should've been traded earlier, something like 2 seasons ago, probably.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The worst part about the Iggy trade is that the most valuable asset is the Pens 1st round pick... but the Flames are just brutal at drafting and mentoring their prospects the right way.

I really, really, really feel sorry for anyone who's a Flames fan, I really do.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
feaster could’ve done a lot better. yeah iggy would only waive to pitts, so feaster should’ve said, ‘ok stay where you are’ healthy scratch and all..i bet iggy would’ve changed his tune right quick and accepted a trade to boston as well. even if JF had said ‘consider boston too. we’ll send you to pitts, but we need to up your value’ of course iggy would’ve done it. NTC isn’t as black and white as it seems.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
so now is it safe to assume boston will likely make a humongous push to get clowe? you figure they have to do something seeing what the pens have added.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

so now is it safe to assume boston will likely make a humongous push to get clowe? you figure they have to do something seeing what the pens have added.

The Bruins are stacked and are a well balanced team... more so then the Pens IMO, even with all the trades they've made over the past week.

Offense wasn't a issue for the Pens but they went out and got Iginla and Morrow. Defense is their biggest weakness and they got a player that is slower then Volch while playing the same type of game.

In all honesty, landing J-Bow would've been a smarter call then Iginla IMO from a Pens POV.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
as demonstrated by the rangers, it doesn't always work when you get every big name from every team. chemistry sometimes is a lot more important.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Flames have been spiraling down ever since Feaster was brought in. They need to fire him and bring in Burke

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
He did great things with the Ducks, and the current Leafs roster is basically his work.

He inherited Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, and Dustin Penner.

Signing Niedermayer was a good move, but a dog could have done the same. Scott wanted to play in Anaheim and took $1.2M per year less to do so.

The Pronger trade was great. But it's also Chris ****ing Pronger. How smart do you need to be to make that trade? He also inherited the assets, in Lupul and Smid, to make that trade.

People forget how stacked Anaheim was with young talent coming out of the lockout.

I don't think he deserves many accolades for Anaheim's success. Toronto also never made the playoffs under Burke's tutelage, and I doubt they'll be anything better than a #8 seed this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad