News From Around the League - Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm sure that Kovy a.k.a 100million-dollar-man would hear it from the press for reminder of that 15 years, if he happened to pull "0pts in whole series"achievment like Crybaby and Geno just did ... But not those two darlings ...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
When I first saw em yesterday my reaction was, great another team jersey **** up, but upon seeing them actually worn by somebody and not just the concept photos, they really aren't that bad

Away ones look pretty sharp and the green is similar to that of when they were in Minny so there is some 'heritage' I guess

c7g9981.0_standard_730.0.jpg

I wonder where they got the idea for the white jersey?:sarcasm:

NorthDakota2012NCAAFjersey.jpg

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
DarrenDreger: Gonchar and the Stars have reached agreement on a 2 yr deal, believed to be $5 mil per, $10 mil total. Pending signed paperwork. #TSN

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
The best player in the game (Crosby) should not have that title if he as the captain of a team gets swept. Just my opinion. Absolutely no excuse.

Pittsburgh should seriously consider moving one of Neal/Malkin/Fluery.

Doesn't seem Jokinen, Murray, Morrow, and Iginla payed off either.

I love seeeing ****tsburgh fail.

I would bet the Devils current forward group would score more goals than Pittsburgh Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Iginla, etc. forward group did against Boston. If I'm Ray Shero I move Malkin and fire Bysalma. They would could 2 or 3 very good assets for Malkin.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Gonchar scares me a little bit with his age and lack of defensive effort sometimes. If he's put with a solid defenseman, he can produce some assists and run the PP for them.

A bit surprising though this would be Nill's first move as GM. There is some risk here. Cap isn't a concern though for the Stars the next year or two.

I think this might remove the possibility of Zidlicky coming back here for good especially if he tries to use Gonchar's deal as a barometer for him. No way Zidlicky doesn't ask for at least a 2 year deal if not a 3 yr deal. Probably will look for no less than 4m annually.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gonachar is exactly the PMD the Stars have needed for some time

They foolishly traded Neal + Niskanen for Goligoski a few years back thinking that was solution (Goligoski has been very meh and his offensive game has regressed in Big D)

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
@darenmillard: oilers gm Craig MacTavish will speak to the media in 2 hours. 4 mt. this was unscheduled ..

Wonder what it is

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Pension Plan Puppets ‏@mlse 1m
So it's Gagner's rights or Horcoff or Hemsky or the coach or maybe Lowe has been fired or maybe the downtown arena is being cancelled

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They dumped Kruger and hired Dallas Eakins lol

God, they've gone through a lot of coaches over the last several years. Small wonder they can't develop their kids properly.

apice3*

I remember 2 days ago someone said the Stars were stupid for giving up a 6th rounder for his rights because he was going to Russia.

The more you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad