News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
One of my favorites is the "high danger" shots. Because they use a defined area, a weak shot from the slot with the goalie squared and a defenceman wrapped around you counts as one, but a cross-ice pass to Ovechkin for a one-timer doesn't, because his 'office' is a foot outside.

They are getting better, but still....
Or XGF or expected goals for. These stats are a joke when they are referenced. There is no such thing. It's some made up metric for Dubites backers. Thankfully, those excuses are starting to wear thin with each impending collapse on a yearly basis.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Looks like Cliff Fletcher loves to overspend Philly's money. All the $ and changes and the team still has many question marks on depth, defense, and goaltending. Yikes.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Looks like Cliff Fletcher loves to overspend Philly's money. All the $ and changes and the team still has many question marks on depth, defense, and goaltending. Yikes.
I know. Between Fletcher in Philly, the jury being out of Drury with NYR, WAS eating up huge cap space for Ovi to chase Gretzky for the next several years, PIT not fixing goaltending, and whatever CAR is doing, I think the other Metro teams should imitate Lou and not announce their moves.

Reactions: attilatheislander

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Rags give Shesterkin almost 6 mil per for 4 years. Less than 50 games played and his bestie on the Island outperformed him last year. Not seeing how he warrants that kind of dough. Hopefully Sorokin doesn’t get any ideas…

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Rags give Shesterkin almost 6 mil per for 4 years. Less than 50 games played and his bestie on the Island outperformed him last year. Not seeing how he warrants that kind of dough. Hopefully Sorokin doesn’t get any ideas…

I can't believe they gave She's Twerkin that much money, when he has battled various soft tissue injuries and never truly taken and run with the No. 1 job.

Often splitting time and leaning on a platoon mate. He really should have put up a full season of production and health before receiving that payday.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I can't believe they gave She's Twerkin that much money, when he has battled various soft tissue injuries and never truly taken and run with the No. 1 job.

Often splitting time and leaning on a platoon mate. He really should have put up a full season of production and health before receiving that payday.
do the rangers have anyone else good in their system?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This is what happens to poorly run teams. Thank goodness we're no longer a
Mickey Mouse organization like Toronto.

funny you say Mickey Mouse . I am sitting in my pool in Kissimmee right now reading your post at 11pm after day 3 of the Disney run 2021. Star Wars Rise of the Resistance was the holy sh-t greatest ride in years and years . It’s at Hollywood Studios.

LGI

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If you ask Rangers fans, all their prospects are elite lol

so what happened with this Dusty guy in Toronto? I feel like I missed something
The same exact sh*t is happening with Krasvtov lol. That dude is hyped up hard and I don't get it. I don't see him being amazing. Rangers fans just think everyone will become the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg or Malkin just because they had a good season in the SHL or KHL. I'm not impressed about those numbers, i'm impressed if you show them to me at the NHL level. I felt the same towards Sorokin, Wally, Dobson, and to an extent Toews. You gotta show me what you can do at the NHL first before everyone falls in love with you. It's how Pippen and Jordan felt about Kukoc when they first played against him back in the '92 Olympics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

I really hate seeing this with Buffalo. I know we as people aren't playing and all, but this is dysfunctional. If there was an award for biggest tire fire between the Texans, Sabres and the (texas) Rangers, Buffalo wins by a god damn landslide even when there's crap with Deshaun Watson, their owner, and all that. The Sabres are that bad

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
I really hate seeing this with Buffalo. I know we as people aren't playing and all, but this is dysfunctional. If there was an award for biggest tire fire between the Texans, Sabres and the (texas) Rangers, Buffalo wins by a god damn landslide even when there's crap with Deshaun Watson, their owner, and all that. The Sabres are that bad
Go on their board and look at the thread pertaining to this and the Jack Eichel thread that they also touch on this. Then tell me you feel bad. They are making fun of his mental illness…. Talking about his drug addiction like it’s a joke. Realize the doctor in question was fired after all of this and yet because they were buffalo doctors they are defending them…. There is a vocal minority of that fan base that are human trash bags.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Go on their board and look at the thread pertaining to this and the Jack Eichel thread that they also touch on this. Then tell me you feel bad. They are making fun of his mental illness…. Talking about his drug addiction like it’s a joke. Realize the doctor in question was fired after all of this and yet because they were buffalo doctors they are defending them…. There is a vocal minority of that fan base that are human trash bags.
I don't look at that board but if i did i would probably get a "flaming" warning for poking fun at how poorly their situation is being handled. what a god damn shame

Reactions: Not4u
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad