News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just out of curiosity, I checked a payroll site to see who else has a full or partial ntc :Lee, Nelson, Pags, Varly, Boychuk and Ladd. All were either ufas or facing unrestricted free agency, so no surprise they were able to demand and get ntcs

It will be interesting to see if the isles can avoid giving them to rfas Barzal & Pulock. I hate to see management's hands tied with ntcs.

RFAs aren't eligible for NTC's I don't think.

A limited, or modified no-trade clause (M-NTC) is less restrictive than a full no-trade clause (NTC), and can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:...

NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This is just ridiculous. Panthers are a clown show

So bad. They are already anchored by an absurd contract to Bobrovsky. I'm surprised anyone would consider Snow but it seems that organization has Low Standards. Snow may get them through a 1st round in 4 years from now. Thats if the stars align.

You gotta think that the Isles recent success has influenced the decision to speak with him, he is probably singing his own praises about how he traded up to get Beauvillier, and had the cajones to draft Barzal.

Reactions: BrockLobster

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well, that is some good news. I worried the isles would need to use a ntc as a sweetener to get Pulock/Barzal signed.

Teams usually put the NTCs during the UFA years if they eat any of that time up, and that's why sometimes teams feel like they have to move a player before those kick in.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
And just like that Dallas eliminates Vegas. A late PP in the third allowed the rookie Kiviranta to tie it up 2-2, then a delay of game penalty in the beginning of the OT allows Dallas to capitalize once again, bursting Vegas' bubble.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Cannot believe Dallas is in the cup finals. What they did to Vegas, getting outplayed almost every game and somehow gutting out a series win in just 5 games, is pretty much what I was hoping we could do to Tampa. Really wonder what would have happened if we were playing one of these teams in the West finals. This series just does not look like it was at the same level that we have had to face in Tampa.

Reactions: Quicklime

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
And just like that Dallas eliminates Vegas. A late PP in the third allowed the rookie Kiviranta to tie it up 2-2, then a delay of game penalty in the beginning of the OT allows Dallas to capitalize once again, bursting Vegas' bubble.

Must be nice to have a real PP. literally the difference in games.

86this

Aug 3, 2011
Brooklyn
Cannot believe Dallas is in the cup finals. What they did to Vegas, getting outplayed almost every game and somehow gutting out a series win in just 5 games, is pretty much what I was hoping we could do to Tampa. Really wonder what would have happened if we were playing one of these teams in the West finals. This series just does not look like it was at the same level that we have had to face in Tampa.

I'm just glad the Islanders won't have to face our old friend Robin Lehner now.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Tampa is the best team in the league.

This basically was our SC finals.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
The competition in the Metro just got tougher.

Lavy always brings out the best in his team for the first 2 years and for some reason he wears out his welcome. The Metro is going to be the Black and Blue Division this decade cause every team is going to get good. Islanders need to start spending and developing. It wont be easy!

Reactions: danteipp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad