News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Devils look a wee bit sluggish tonight. Down 3-1 to the Rags early.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Late in the 2nd period it’s 5-3 Rags. Tony DeAngelo already has the hat trick and a 5 point night going.

Blackwood started and got pulled after the 5th goal. Louis Domingue now in net for NJ.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Halak in net for the Bruins. Good game. Jets up 2-1, bruins score. Tied 2-2, until the Bruins score to make it 3-2 with just over a minute left in the second. Jets come back to tie it 3-3 a minute later, 7 seconds left in the second.

I like Halak, but how many times did we see him give up a goal right after the team scored a big goal?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Halak in net for the Bruins. Good game. Jets up 2-1, bruins score. Tied 2-2, until the Bruins score to make it 3-2 with just over a minute left in the second. Jets come back to tie it 3-3 a minute later, 7 seconds left in the second.

I like Halak, but how many times did we see him give up a goal right after the team scored a big goal?

None better than the one that blew the playoff clinch and ultimately home advantage with 2.1 seconds left to Philadelphia.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Kinda crazy how far Barzal is behind in the scoring race.

when you look at our system/style of play plus who he has to play with it’s not surprising.

he could have a lot more assists and that would put him closer to the top in points.

I don’t mind it though because he’s still at a 30 goal pace and playing a 200ft game. It’s important to affect the game in the defensive zone Especially when you’re a center.

If weight was the coach Barzal would be getting 80+ points but we’d probably be losing and he wouldn’t care or feel the need to play well defensively.

It is Crazy that Pasternak has the same amount of goals as Barzal has points. Pasta is having an insane season.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Was this one that we tied it pretty late and then Halak let up a goal from like center ice or something?

Yes. It was brutal.

Lee tied it off a faceoff play with like 12 seconds left completing the comeback to tie it. The fourth line messed up trying to score with a few seconds left instead of just tying the puck up and going to OT (a point would've clinched a playoff spot). It go passed up the wall and Halak whiffed on a shot from the red/blue line on the wall to lose the game. That was probably the most devastating regular season loss I've ever seen live.

Reactions: CupHolders

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Yes. It was brutal.

Lee tied it off a faceoff play with like 12 seconds left completing the comeback to tie it. The fourth line messed up trying to score with a few seconds left instead of just tying the puck up and going to OT (a point would've clinched a playoff spot). It go passed up the wall and Halak whiffed on a shot from the red/blue line on the wall to lose the game. That was probably the most devastating regular season loss I've ever seen live.

Ugh, yup. I remember that one. Brutal.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Yes. It was brutal.

It was a real kick to the d**k.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Late in the 2nd period it’s 5-3 Rags. Tony DeAngelo already has the hat trick and a 5 point night going.

Blackwood started and got pulled after the 5th goal. Louis Domingue now in net for NJ.

DeAngelo is like the deGrom of the Rangers. Guy was projected to basically be a 6-7 with no offensive upside and he’s Sergei Gonchar

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Yes. It was brutal.

Just watched it on YouTube... Holy cow. What a mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad