News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
The Lightning are back and Columbus is tied for a wild card, interesting development.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know if Columbus has the horses to keep it up. They'll have to make a decision at the trade deadline.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Ryan Strome - 12g 39p
Mathew Barzal - 16g 35p

source.gif

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Why aren't there players PAP/Moulsoning off Barzal?
That's a good question. Maybe it has something to do with Trotz being more demanding on all 200' than the coaches those guys played for? Or maybe we now have a GM who doesn't settle for one-dimensional guys who can produce points in the right situation but don't help you win? I suspect that Gusev, for example, might've been capable of Moulsoning (love that, BTW) off Barzal, but he's a serious minus player. Kinda like once a year or so when someone around here gets nostalgic for Czerkawski and I get a little sick in the stomach. ;)

Last edited:

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Watching Flyers Caps.. Caps go down 1-0 but before you know it they are up 2-1, so much offensive skill... it is almost to the point where I will be rooting for the Caps against any eastern team in playoff contention.. Unless something crazy happens, I can't see us winning the division.. I could see us staying a top 4 team in points (even 2nd or 3rd ) but still 2nd in our division, which would not be the worst thing.. metro is so tough this year going to have to hold off some of these team.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Watching Flyers Caps.. Caps go down 1-0 but before you know it they are up 2-1, so much offensive skill... it is almost to the point where I will be rooting for the Caps against any eastern team in playoff contention.. Unless something crazy happens, I can't see us winning the division.. I could see us staying a top 4 team in points (even 2nd or 3rd ) but still 2nd in our division, which would not be the worst thing.. metro is so tough this year going to have to hold off some of these team.
Flyers up 3-2

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
sounds like pajama boy had a rough night....
Let's see: two bad giveaways that directly led to two of the three Winnipeg goals (Andersen falling behind the net trying to stop a dumpin was the other), a giveaway with the goalie pulled, which led to two shots from inside the faceoff circles (Marner blocked both), and then a giveaway in OT that created a two-man breakaway, which Andersen stopped (JT didn't see the ice after that, including for the shootout).

Yes, I would say he had a bad game.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Let's see: two bad giveaways that directly led to two of the three Winnipeg goals (Andersen falling behind the net trying to stop a dumpin was the other), a giveaway with the goalie pulled, which led to two shots from inside the faceoff circles (Marner blocked both), and then a giveaway in OT that created a two-man breakaway, which Andersen stopped (JT didn't see the ice after that, including for the shootout).

Yes, I would say he had a bad game.
Luckily PJB's speed allows him to recover from his mistakes. Oh, wait, no.

Reactions: bigtim1988
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad