News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Please no. That would cripple our organization and only serve to help TML. All those firsts start to add up
if Matthews leaves the Leafs are f***ed, I do not care what 1st rounders they may acquire since it won't be a top 3 pick, maybe in 8 years they might develop but during the Tavares era that is the best way to get back at them, and I am down for it

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
That's what I think may happen. Once Matthew's signs his long-term deal it'll be his team

We better not wait before we make the Islanders Barzal's team. If he shows a first half of the season like last year I'd make him the C. Losing him would be far more devastating than losing Tavares.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
"He is frustrated because he sees the direction the club is going. The team is not able to retain their good players."

Well if the Sens want to get back at him we just might be the ticket!

Reactions: bigtim1988

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Stone is a nice player I guess, but if we are going to spend assets at this time I'm not sure winger is where we should go (unless it's a stud like Panarin). D and C....

Reactions: bigtim1988

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Toronto didn't need another franchise center and what did they do? If you can get a real good player for a good price you do it.
But it's more than just what you pay in assets to obtain a player, it's what you have to take up in salary space to keep them. And the Isles already have to decide what to do about 2 wingers (Lee and Eberle) re: the cap. I'd prefer that they focus on D and C.

Reactions: PWJunior

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
But it's more than just what you pay in assets to obtain a player, it's what you have to take up in salary space to keep them. And the Isles already have to decide what to do about 2 wingers (Lee and Eberle) re: the cap. I'd prefer that they focus on D and C.
Unless someone is going to drop a center or defenseman in the team's lap it's a moot point and you are waiting for something that isn't going to happen. And if you get Stone for a song there isn't a law that says you can't flip him at the deadline and likely get back more than you gave up.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
You missed the point: people are arguing against acquiring a good player because it isn't a need. I argue if you can acquire a good player you do it regardless of need.
Understood the Tavares example however is flawed as many free agents turn their backs on teams like the NYI on the other hand moving assets for A1 talent would deplete this organization prospects and set the team back for years to come. I m all for procuring elite talent but this team is kind of in a peculiar spot not ready for prime time but not a train wreck either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad