News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

McQuaid can’t stay healthy. Kampfer stinks. The Rags probably had to throw in a pick to get the B’s to take Kampfer. Either the Rags end up flipping McQuaid at the deadline to a contender or he becomes their next David Desharnais.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Bizarre and unexpected stuff happens to other franchises too.

Hope everything is alright with him.

Also hope the reason Lou hasn't made many front office changes is there is some sort of deal in place.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
A guy can dream can't he?

I wouldn't want to hire a GM who was looking for another job during training camp.

The fact that he's staying in an advisory role suggests to me something health-related, because for whatever reason he can't or won't travel with the team.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

McQuaid can’t stay healthy. Kampfer stinks. The Rags probably had to throw in a pick to get the B’s to take Kampfer. Either the Rags end up flipping McQuaid at the deadline to a contender or he becomes their next David Desharnais.

I don't understand this trade from the Rags side at all. They are dumping picks, when rebuilding, for a 31 year old defenseman who makes more money and is injury prone? Why? He's a UFA at the end of the year...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don't understand this trade from the Rags side at all. They are dumping picks, when rebuilding, for a 31 year old defenseman who makes more money and is injury prone? Why? He's a UFA at the end of the year...
They must think they can flip him for a better pick than they gave to Boston, is my guess.

Reactions: The Zarn

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They must think they can flip him for a better pick than they gave to Boston, is my guess.

That was my thinking. Maybe he'll be worth more at the deadline than what they just paid? Big risk for a guy who has only played a full season once in the last seven years. He routinely misses like 20+ games a year.

Reactions: MJF

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

Wow. Right before the season too. Color me shocked.

The timing might be for the best. The draft and free agency are done. So the roster is essentially set. The new GM has until the trade deadline before any real moves have to be made.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

So who does he fight? Matty Esiason or Ross the Boss?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Lightning are on their way to being the Washington Nationals of hockey if they don’t win a cup in the next 2-3 years. It’s hard to believe anyone could do better than Yzerman did there so the window might start shutting soon if they don’t get one

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Lightning are on their way to being the Washington Nationals of hockey if they don’t win a cup in the next 2-3 years. It’s hard to believe anyone could do better than Yzerman did there so the window might start shutting soon if they don’t get one
Maybe they’ll ask Lou for permission to talk to Garth Snow.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Never want to see this. Hope Zadina is ok. Ouch

Reading through the twitter comments, seems as though people are indicating he got back out there. Didn’t look like he hit his head or anything.

Reactions: SI90

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
My prediction- at next year's draft lottery the Red Wings will be represented by Yzerman. The Wings need a rebuild and there were rumors this past off season that Holland might be out. Seems like a perfect storm to me.

Reactions: SI90

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Looking at Training Camp rosters and noticed Brendon Kichton wasn't brought back by Carolina. He's a free agent in September, and his career may be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad