News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
**The only reason I know that is because I was on EP looking at another prospect and they have a spot on the page for birthdays.**

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Liar. It’s circled on your calendar.

2018-01-20_rungsted_vs_aalborg_final_4_finale-757.jpg

Would you blame me?

Reactions: eoin92

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Caps just re-upped Orpik for a year. Not sure I would want him but not a bad job by Washington to get him back with someone else taking the cap hit. Of course, it cost them Grubauer but they were going to lose him anyway.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
My local SHL team, Frölunda, signed Rhett Rakhshani this offseason. He has been playing very well in the SHL for the last couple of seasons. I wonder why he never made it in the big league, it seems like he got the tools.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
My local SHL team, Frölunda, signed Rhett Rakhshani this offseason. He has been playing very well in the SHL for the last couple of seasons. I wonder why he never made it in the big league, it seems like he got the tools.

You know, I just looked at his numbers and am now wondering the same thing. He put up solid numbers in college and then had two great years in the AHL before leaving. Anyone want to shed some light on this?

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
You know, I just looked at his numbers and am now wondering the same thing. He put up solid numbers in college and then had two great years in the AHL before leaving. Anyone want to shed some light on this?

Excellent numbers in college, almost 1 point per game in the AHL and solid numbers on four different teams in Sweden. Some bad teams, and some contenders.... and he only got 7 games with the Isles.

I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is his size. He is only 178 cm (5’10”), and it was harder for “small” players to take a spot in the NHL a few years ago. Now the game has changed, and I guess he would have been one of our top prospects if he would have been around 22-24 years old today.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm all for closing the Tr91tor thread, but nowhere else to put this. Figured I'd leave it here.

I had reported that Tr91tor is on the roster of both of my fantasy leagues so I put him on the trade block to get rid of him come the start of the season. Worked out 1 trade so far:

Pajama Tr91tor for Kyle Turris, Matthew Tkachuk, Yanne Gorde, Robin Lehner, and Kiril Karprisov. I'm pretty happy with that return....

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Rakhshani first suffered a leg injury sept '11 and then a concussion a few months later, derailed his career a bit.He had another 3 concussions over the years.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Rakhshani first suffered a leg injury sept '11 and then a concussion a few months later, derailed his career a bit.He had another 3 concussions over the years.

He had two really good years in Bridgeport and I still for the life of me can't understand why he never got a long look on the Isles.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
He had two really good years in Bridgeport and I still for the life of me can't understand why he never got a long look on the Isles.
Yeah I mean the kid had skill, and 5'10 ~190 shouldn't have been a hindrance. He just couldn't stay healthy which pretty much meant other prospects ended up passing him on the depth charts due to playing time. Shame, I thought if he was given a chance he could've stuck around.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I found this article after somebody said that the Calgary press was really hard on Hamilton. Seems to be a high maintenance type of guy. I know the press can be brutal though. I just didn't know that his brother was on the team at some point. The fact that he wanted out of Boston, now shipped off from Calgary. I also remember he struggled in Calgary when he first arrived. I wonder if he did better once his brother was brought in.
First, that's an old article, from January. It's also not well written, as it seems to suggest that Calgary traded a first and two seconds for Freddie, while all they really gave up was a conditional seventh.

Dougie was traded from Boston, who have a real history of pissing off and then trading players who don't get along with Chara. I don't recall his play deteriorating after Freddie left, but it was a disappointing season for Calgary overall, and the trade to Carolina looks like just a good hockey trade.

But overall, it looks like lots of speculation, with a bit of an axe to grind.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What do you guys think of the leafs signing Hayley Wickenheiser as a player development coach?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
What do you guys think of the leafs signing Hayley Wickenheiser as a player development coach?

Good move. She’s a pretty unique individual. Even if she isn’t directly involved in on ice product, she has a great reputation in the hockey world.

I hope she fights JT.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Good move. She’s a pretty unique individual. Even if she isn’t directly involved in on ice product, she has a great reputation in the hockey world.

I hope she fights JT.
Even giving up a dozen years to him, I wouldn't bet against her!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
First, that's an old article, from January. It's also not well written, as it seems to suggest that Calgary traded a first and two seconds for Freddie, while all they really gave up was a conditional seventh.

Dougie was traded from Boston, who have a real history of pissing off and then trading players who don't get along with Chara. I don't recall his play deteriorating after Freddie left, but it was a disappointing season for Calgary overall, and the trade to Carolina looks like just a good hockey trade.

But overall, it looks like lots of speculation, with a bit of an axe to grind.

I knew the article was old, had to be since it was touted as a precursor to things leading to a trade. Some of the comments seem like this author has had an axe to grind as well...I don't know for sure since I'm not from the area.

I definitely remember Hamilton struggling when he first came to Calgary. Pretty sure when he visited the Isles the Isles telecast mentioned it and showed his stats. They just said it was taking him awhile to adjust to his new team.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I have no axe to grind, but my gut tells me we look back at that FLA-CAL trade some day as a major steal for Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad