News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Hey, guys.

I was just posting some of your comments about Faulk because a few Oiler fans want to trade for him.

I posted them because I do not want the Oil to make that trade. I quoted your posters because I thought their opinions were valid. Certainly not to belittle.

As for the rest, I think they are just having a little fun with him because of his reaction. They are generally good folk.

No worries, weird to interact civilly with an EDM poster....there must be a glitch in the Matrix

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The poster in question has been openly hanging on F26, liking and been liked in the like thread.

They had a mole in Undercover Brother; I guess we shouldn't be expected to be safe.

To be fair, I have not posted once in that thread. Since my initial posts in the game day thread a week ago, I have only lurked and liked until now. :nod:

I'll cheer for the Canes but the Oilers always come first. I'll try not to quote you guys in the future as long as you promise not to trade Faulk to us. ;)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I somehow got tagged in a oilers thread im assuming by accident. If you want to go take a look they have taken several of our comments from yesterdays game day thread and are taking turns crucifying Faulk lol its pretty interesting.
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...er-moves-before-opening-night.2548249/page-19

No worries, weird to interact civilly with an EDM poster....there must be a glitch in the Matrix

that dude is a freak show

Yeah I'm sorry but three hits trigger my Usual Suspects realization and my cup falleth over:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'll cheer for the Canes but the Oilers always come first. I'll try not to quote you guys in the future as long as you promise not to trade Faulk to us. ;)

You're not the guy who invented an entire new statistical metric just for the purpose of propping up Oiler d-men and ****ing all over Faulk are you?

(kdding, I know you're not, but damn that guy is a piece of work too)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As someone who was also part of that post:

5a7.jpg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
When you quote somebody it says "QUOTE ="The persons name here" meaning it pops up and says somebody quoted you. Next time clear the name field out and it wont notify the person you quoted them. That ones on the house

Isn't tagging people when you type the @ (then name)?

Anyway, people can't just throw quotes out there with no name. Posters could make up whatever crap they wanted to without any way to trace them.

Perhaps in the future you could try and not be so quotable? ;)

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Oh yeah they sure got me they tagged me several times in a message board how will i make thorough the night oh gee.
EDIT: Also i knew that was gonna happen and actually you can turn of quote and tagging alerts under alert preferences which i did the first time i posted. I only knew they were doing that because of yall lol. So jokes on them.

Last edited:
May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Isn't tagging people when you type the @ (then name)?

Anyway, people can't just throw quotes out there with no name. Posters could make up whatever crap they wanted to without any way to trace them.

Perhaps in the future you could try and not be so quotable? ;)
I literally said "ugh Faulk" because a puck bounced over his stick on the power play. When taken out of context and introduced to people who did not watch that game you could speculate that means anything having my name on it or not make no difference.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Goals against (all situations) while on the ice this pre-season:
Hamilton: 5
Slavin: 4
Fleury: 4
de Hann: 3
Pesce: 3
Pesce: 2
Faulk: 2

GA/60 all situations:
Hamilton: 3.53
TVR: 3.06
Fleury: 3.05
Slavin: 2.66
de Hann: 2.4
Pesce: 1.57
Faulk: 1.36

:sarcasm:

To add to this, in all situations among Canes defensemen:

Faulk is #1 in CF%,
#1 (best) in SA/60
#1 in GF%
#2 in HDCF%
#1 in HDGF%
#3 in most Dzone faceoffs
only has a PDO slightly over 1.0
is better than Pesce, Hamiltion and Fleury (and pretty much tied with Slavin) in Giveaways / 60.
#1 in Hits / 60
And hasn't taken a penalty.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
To add to this, in all situations among Canes defensemen:

Faulk is #1 in CF%,
#1 (best) in SA/60
#1 in GF%
#2 in HDCF%
#1 in HDGF%
#3 in most Dzone faceoffs
only has a PDO slightly over 1.0
is better than Pesce, Hamiltion and Fleury (and pretty much tied with Slavin) in Giveaways / 60.
#1 in Hits / 60
And hasn't taken a penalty.
RNH come on down!!! Cause you know there's a thread just waiting for you on the main trade board....whew, glad I got that out of my system over here....now back to our regularly scheduled amazement at our rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad