News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I mean it could be nothing, but it could also set him up for failure and basically to lose confidence to start the season. Hard for anyone to say right now. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

I can see that. But the way Waddell, Dundon, and Brindy have talked about Svech, I'm confident they will do the right thing by him. Setting him up for failure could be putting him in a position where he is over his head. I think they are easing him into it and not giving him more than he can handle on day 1.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Sounds like today’s lines are:

Ferland - Aho - TT
Foegele - Staal - Williams
McGinn - Necas - Zykov
Martinook - Wallmark - Svech

If you put aside the fact that Svech is on the 4th line, the top 9 is pleasant from a line construction perspective.

Semantics, but since people seem to be keying in on it I'd think it more likely that Brind'Amour has Martinook-Wallmark-Svech as the "3rd" line (which I'd probably actually consider the 2nd scoring line with JStaal's line being the traditional shutdown "3rd" line) with the Rookie center and two young wingers being sheltered on the 4th.

Overall with this group I don't think Rod will stick to traditional utilization. I see one scoring line (Aho) and one shutdown line (Staal) with 6-7 other guys getting about the same minutes. Alterations based on hot streaks.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That doesn't make sense. McElhinney or Pickard are both better options at the NHL level than Ned right now. Every point counts, and I don't want to ride Mrazek too hard or have Ned lose us winnable games.

I'm sure Ned is the "#1 option" in most cases. But this time of year isn't most cases, and they could bring in a short-term audition that allows Ned to start the season in Charlotte as planned.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Now we await word on how long Darling is out.

Nevermind, saw my answer on twitter... MRI came back negative, but it'll be a couple weeks before he returns (apologies if said above.. don't have access to twitter at work, and checked my phone)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->