News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oiler's fans are funny. Many of them are total asshats in threads about RNH, Draisaitl, Faulk, Aho, etc... but then complain about Canes fans in any Aho or Faulk thread. Talk about pot meet kettle.

Pissed that people give bad offers for RNH, but then make Caggiula or Kassian and a 2nd for Faulk offers. Pissed about people making offers for Draisiatl, but can't understand why Canes fans wouldn't like offers for Aho. It's kind of funny to sit back and watch.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Oiler's fans are funny. Many of them are total asshats in threads about RNH, Draisaitl, Faulk, Aho, etc... but then complain about Canes fans in any Aho or Faulk thread. Talk about pot meet kettle.

Pissed that people give bad offers for RNH, but then make Caggiula or Kassian and a 2nd for Faulk offers. Pissed about people making offers for Draisiatl, but can't understand why Canes fans wouldn't like offers for Aho. It's kind of funny to sit back and watch.

I like the (Insert Team X) chimes in about Don W and you own him.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Basically entitled and arrogant like Pens fans, without any of the reasons to be. Not that winning actually makes the Pens fans being like that any better, but at least it's sort of understandable.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london

The only reason why people are talking about Kassian+2nd for Faulk type offers because Bob Stauffer one of the main media guys in Edmonton that is actually employed by the Oilers has been hinting about it for a month. And it to happen once Sekera is put on LTIR. Also he has recently said that the trade talks might be put on hold because of Bouchard.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The only reason why people are talking about Kassian+2nd for Faulk type offers because Bob Stauffer one of the main media guys in Edmonton that is actually employed by the Oilers has been hinting about it for a month. And it to happen once Sekera is put on LTIR. Also he has recently said that the trade talks might be put on hold because of Bouchard.

And a couple years ago Stauffer talked about Eberle for Faulk. And before that it was different offers. A couple years ago, Stauffer even fell for a rumor about Faulk wanting out of Carolina that WE started on this board as a joke and it gained momentum. He's not got a great track record when it comes to Faulk.

Either way, it's a crappy proposal that you guys perpetuate it regardless if Stauffer is hinting at it (which is likely total speculation). Yet, you guys get all offended when you get bad proposals for your players and say Canes fans are being unreasonable. Like I said: Pot, meet Kettle.

Maybe our GM will be dumb enough to accept a crappy offer like that, but we fans won't ever agree to it.

Last edited:

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
And a couple years ago Stauffer talked about Eberle for Faulk. And before that it was different offers. A couple years ago, Stauffer even fell for a rumor about Faulk wanting out of Carolina that WE started on this board as a joke and it gained momentum. He's not got a great track record when it comes to Faulk.

Either way, it's a crappy proposal that you guys perpetuate it regardless if Stauffer is hinting at it (which is likely total speculation). Yet, you guys get all offended when you get bad proposals for your players and say Canes fans are being unreasonable. Like I said: Pot, meet Kettle.

Maybe our GM will be dumb enough to accept a crappy offer like that, but we fans won't ever agree to it.

Also, Stauffer isn't the only guy saying this either. Another guy has been talking about Faulk to EDM and earlier today said that the Oilers aren't done for trades and another should be coming soon. ANd honestly, Faulk's value is a question mark, to be honest. He's a great offensive dman but it looks like he as some defensive issues. Also, I would like to add isn't your owner want to be tougher and cheaper Faulk is getting paid 6mil for the next 2 seasons for a 4mil cap hit something I feel like one of the lowest revenue teams in the league wouldn't like to have on their roster. Its a business at the end of the day.

Also Nuge is off limits because McDavid plays his best hockey with him and it would be stupid to trade him right now.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Also, Stauffer isn't the only guy saying this either. Another guy has been talking about Faulk to EDM and earlier today said that the Oilers aren't done for trades and another should be coming soon. ANd honestly, Faulk's value is a question mark, to be honest. He's a great offensive dman but it looks like he as some defensive issues. Also, I would like to add isn't your owner want to be tougher and cheaper Faulk is getting paid 6mil for the next 2 seasons for a 4mil cap hit something I feel like one of the lowest revenue teams in the league wouldn't like to have on their roster. Its a business at the end of the day.

Also Nuge is off limits because McDavid plays his best hockey with him and it would be stupid to trade him right now.
Statistically speaking Aho has had his two best seasons with Justin Faulk so I’d say Faulk is off limits now. Thank you though.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Kassian is not needed. Let that talking point go. The organization already made trades to infuse some jam into the lineup (Martinook and Ferland.) The team also cleared out space to give Zykov a full-time roster spot. Rask’s injury opened the door for Foegele and he ran right through it.

Dundon is not spending much on payroll, relative to the rest of the league, as is. The opening night figure only increased with the inflation of the cap. I guess it’s plausible that he would want to go as cheap as possible, but how does the inclusion of Kassian fit with the logic of that narrative? The Canes can meet the floor by trading Faulk and adding a couple NHL minimum guys from the system.

So many stars would have to align for that rumor to come to fruition. Carolina would need to be motivated to the point of desperation and would have to be willing to take on money despite finances being the most likely motivator for that desperation. Edmonton’s offer would have to beat those of other suitors. Faulk would have to be willing to waive his NTC.

If it sounds too good to be true…

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Speaking for all of us (because I'm stupidly, incredibly drunk, and therefore confident/arrogant enough to do so) we don't care if you want Faulk. We also don't care if you hate Faulk. What annoys us is when you want Faulk and hate Faulk in the same would-be transaction.

"yeah we could use this guy Faulk, but tbh he kinda sucks, here's a bunch of stuff we dreamed up to explain why we think he sucks while conveniently leaving out any good points, but we still want to trade for him, as long as we can get him in a trade that's really lopsided and unrealistic"

(not saying you are that guy @hallhopkinseberle, but they do exist, unfortunately.)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

LOL. This guy does exactly what I was talking about and then tries to justify it. Couldn't have kept to the script any better. Complain about bad proposals for your players and then use all sorts of your own logic to defend your bad proposals. Never change Oilers fans, never change.

Like I said, maybe our GM will make a bad move like that, afterall, the Skinner trade wasn't great, but you guys trying to convince us fans this is a good deal is falling on deaf ears.

And I don't care about "Nuge". Last thing we need is another winger, especially one that needs McDavid to play his best hockey.

Lastly, Oilers board is-----> that way.

EDIT: And other than 1 or 2, most of us don't think we'd be getting RNH type player if we traded Faulk. Maybe a few years ago when Faulk had more term, but he's a UFA in 2 seasons. We all recognize that the closer he gets to UFA, the more his value drops.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Speaking for all of us (because I'm stupidly, incredibly drunk, and therefore confident/arrogant enough to do so) we don't care if you want Faulk. We also don't care if you hate Faulk. What annoys us is when you want Faulk and hate Faulk in the same would-be transaction.

"yeah we could use this guy Faulk, but tbh he kinda sucks, here's a bunch of stuff we dreamed up to explain why we think he sucks while conveniently leaving out any good points, but we still want to trade for him, as long as we can get him in a trade that's really lopsided and unrealistic"

(not saying you are that guy @hallhopkinseberle, but they do exist, unfortunately.)

Actually, he is exactly that guy based on his post:

ANd honestly, Faulk's value is a question mark, to be honest. He's a great offensive dman but it looks like he as some defensive issues. Also, I would like to add isn't your owner want to be tougher and cheaper Faulk is getting paid 6mil for the next 2 seasons for a 4mil cap hit something I feel like one of the lowest revenue teams in the league wouldn't like to have on their roster. Its a business at the end of the day.

I do like that he was doubly honest about Faulk's value.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Stanley Cup predictions for 2018-19

Bill Price, NHL.com Editor-in-Chief

Atlantic Division

1: Boston Bruins | 2: Toronto Maple Leafs | 3: Tampa Bay Lightning
Metropolitan Division
1: Pittsburgh Penguins | 2: Washington Capitals | 3: Carolina Hurricanes

Is this like the guy who voted for Slavin in the Norris and then later on said he didn't really know enough about him and if he had to do it over again, wouldn't have voted for Slavin?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Sounds like today’s lines are:

Ferland - Aho - TT
Foegele - Staal - Williams
McGinn - Necas - Zykov
Martinook - Wallmark - Svech

If you put aside the fact that Svech is on the 4th line, the top 9 is pleasant from a line construction perspective.
Obviously it's only one practice, but if Svechnikov spends any significant time on the 4th line this season...

Trying not to overreact and post a hot taek here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad