• Spencer Rattler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I turned on the predraft stuff and promptly fell asleep. Woke up just in time for GB's pick. Had no idea who it was so thought I was dreaming or something and dozed back off. Got up finally just now and am looking at a basic draft list and going "neat" because I have no friggin clue who most of the players are.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I turned on the predraft stuff and promptly fell asleep. Woke up just in time for GB's pick. Had no idea who it was so thought I was dreaming or something and dozed back off. Got up finally just now and am looking at a basic draft list and going "neat" because I have no friggin clue who most of the players are.
The brief amount I've read about Morgan is that he's a pretty good lineman. Likely a long term Bahktiari replacement.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If you had told me a few hours ago that MN would get Turner and McCarthy tonight for the cost of some late round picks i would've been surprised, and happy. I think just about everyone was expecting to pay the 11th and 23rd for McCarthy alone. Or both those picks plus a high 2025 pick for Maye.

Still shocked at what ATL did. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Cousins is pissed.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
“It’s not about the dollars. It’s about what the dollars represent.”

Haha, eat it Kirk!
I mean, the Falcons could've picked a great WR or OLman, a great defender, and even that TE, who looks like an absolute beast, but instead they took a 24 yo QB after just signing Kirk to a 4 year contract?

This makes the Rodgers situation where they picked Love in the 20's seem like nothing.

Serious dysfunction in ATL, IMO.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I know its a hot take and im yanging when everyone is yining on this but i really dont mind the Falcons taking Penix Jr with their pick THAT much. At the time i reacted like everyone else but after sleeping on it this is what i think about it.

I see it as them extending their window at winning football games. If they would of taken Turner or Murphy then i would look at the Falcons and think they have a 2 year window at wining it all, Now i look at them and think they have 6+ years at being legit contenders IF Penix Jr works out like i think he is going to be. Also Kirk is the epitome of QB purgatory so they will more than likely be picking in the 20 range when it comes to the draft so they might not be in this position again for awhile to take another QB while not having to sacrifice draft capital.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know its a hot take and im yanging when everyone is yining on this but i really dont mind the Falcons taking Penix Jr with their pick THAT much. At the time i reacted like everyone else but after sleeping on it this is what i think about it.

I see it as them extending their window at winning football games. If they would of taken Turner or Murphy then i would look at the Falcons and think they have a 2 year window at wining it all, Now i look at them and think they have 6+ years at being legit contenders IF Penix Jr works out like i think he is going to be. Also Kirk is the epitome of QB purgatory so they will more than likely be picking in the 20 range when it comes to the draft so they might not be in this position again for awhile to take another QB while not having to sacrifice draft capital.
I'm with you. I don't mind the pick, either, but only because I'm a Vikings fan.:laugh:
Not really a big Kirk fan....think this looks good on him, with his mealy mouthed, "It's not about the money...". The ATL pick is an all time weird one. Don't know if management had the wrong sort of Mushrooms in their pre draft meal, or what. Even if you like Penix, the pick makes absolutely no sense, given what was available and ATL's needs (DEFENSE!)

Only thing better than this would've been if the Jets had kept their pick and taken Nix.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Kirk knew the Vikings were going to take a QB early. That's why he said the crap about what the money represents. He wanted a commitment to him and to winning now.

He thought he was getting that in Atlanta, then gets blindsided by the very situation there that he would've had here. He's pissed. That's why I'M laughing! :laugh:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I'm with you. I don't mind the pick, either, but only because I'm a Vikings fan.:laugh:
Not really a big Kirk fan....think this looks good on him, with his mealy mouthed, "It's not about the money...". The ATL pick is an all time weird one. Don't know if management had the wrong sort of Mushrooms in their pre draft meal, or what. Even if you like Penix, the pick makes absolutely no sense, given what was available and ATL's needs (DEFENSE!)

Only thing better than this would've been if the Jets had kept their pick and taken Nix.
Thats fine if you disagree and i know im being contrarian. I just dont think its a "problem" or a "bad thing" if you make a move to solidify your QB room for the next 15 years when you probably wont be in the same position again to draft a QB without mortgaging the future.

Kirk knew the Vikings were going to take a QB early. That's why he said the crap about what the money represents. He wanted a commitment to him and to winning now.

He thought he was getting that in Atlanta, then gets blindsided by the very situation there that he would've had here. He's pissed. That's why I'M laughing! :laugh:
Yeah im in the same boat as you. I could give a rats *** if Kirk is upset.

Reactions: TaLoN

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Thats fine if you disagree and i know im being contrarian. I just dont think its a "problem" or a "bad thing" if you make a move to solidify your QB room for the next 15 years when you probably wont be in the same position again to draft a QB without mortgaging the future.

It makes me question if the Falcons trust Cousins’ injury and ability to stay healthy. Which then makes me question why they would give a 4 year contract to him.

Reactions: TaLoN and 57special

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
“It’s not about the dollars. It’s about what the dollars represent.”

Haha, eat it Kirk!
"It's not about the draft pick, it's about what the draft pick represents."
-Kirk probably

Honestly, if everything was above board and there was actually no tampering, I feel for him a little. If there was tampering, he can eat his money.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
"It's not about the draft pick, it's about what the draft pick represents."
-Kirk probably

Honestly, if everything was above board and there was actually no tampering, I feel for him a little. If there was tampering, he can eat his money.
I don't really care about the tampering...everyone has always done it. The stupidity of Kirk (and others) drawing attention to it is what is being punished.

I have no idea of how good JJ is going to be, but getting Turner sure is nice.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
It makes me question if the Falcons trust Cousins’ injury and ability to stay healthy. Which then makes me question why they would give a 4 year contract to him.
I kinda look in 2 ways.

1. Insurance just in case a 36 year old coming of an achilles injury gets hurt again or isnt up to snuff. Kinda like protecting their investment.

2. Theyre also setting themselves up for the future with this pick because Kirks contract is really a 2 year deal (iirc) when you look at the way the money works and the guarantees.

People are using the excuse as "well theyre wasting his entire rookie contract" yeah so? Packers did with J Love and it still worked out. As long as he hits when you plays youll be fine. Maybe extend him a year or 2 for cheaper AAV as a "prove it deal" then see what he has during it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I agree with you, I am laughing at Kirk.

Remember, I was ok with resigning Kirk for less and drafting a 1st round QB.
Kirk was never ok with that. That's what he got anyway. Now he's pissed. Suck it Kirk.

Reactions: Sad People

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I find it fun that Green Bay has more picks in rounds 2 and 3 than the rest of the division combined.

Targets: CB, LB, S, DL (run stuffer)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad