News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Peters announces that Khudobin will start tomorrow. Good move. Not only will it give Ward a rest, the Capitals always seem to have Cam's number.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
You mean like this? :sarcasm:

kdu2chifq6zrfamkr9op.jpg
Seems like a natural tie-in for Boston.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's Larry Brooks, his propensity to talk completely out of his ass is only equaled by his propensity to piss off Tortorella.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah that was more of a dig at the Devils ownership situation when the Kovy thing happened than anything else. Picking Semin would be the most logical since he's been healthy scratched and makes $7 mil for the next 4 years. Really was only in there to dig at the Devils and the league though.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Brooks is as sensationalist as they come. Stirs the pot with little regard for fact or accuracy. The New York Post tends to be a very sensationalist paper. If you want serious NY reporting read the times, or even the daily news.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Brooks is as sensationalist as they come. Stirs the pot with little regard for fact or accuracy. The New York Post tends to be a very sensationalist paper. If you want serious NY reporting read the times, or even the daily news.

I've really grown to hate the NY Post since moving here. It's brutal.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Since we don't have a GDT yet:

Gleason/JML game time decisions. Both practiced. If neither can go, Jordan is in. Bellemore is hurt/out.

It's Tlusty's turn to go to hockey purgatory with McClement and Dwyer.

Ward starts.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Since we don't have a GDT yet:

Gleason/JML game time decisions. Both practiced. If neither can go, Jordan is in. Bellemore is hurt/out.

It's Tlusty's turn to go to hockey purgatory with McClement and Dwyer.

Ward starts.

Mike Smith has Boychuk with McClement and Dwyer and Tlusty with Rask and Terry.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Eric subtly chimes in on the Semin bashing :sarcasm:

Staal on Rask: "He seems to be playing with a lot of confidence, controlling pucks and making the little plays, those give-and-go-type plays. That’s my kind of player. Someone who doesn’t hang onto it, moves the puck, moves his feet and gets open. He’s done that real well this whole season so far."

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh

Staal on Rask: "He seems to be playing with a lot of confidence, controlling pucks and making the little plays, those give-and-go-type plays. That’s my kind of player. Someone who doesn’t hang onto it, moves the puck, moves his feet and gets open. He’s done that real well this whole season so far."

I actually read that more as Skinner-bashing.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
For the draft this year, how does it work? The worst team overall only has a 20% chance of winning lottery? Is it the same as other years where the last place overall team can drop no worse than to 2nd overall?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Lines:

Tlusty // Staal // Boychuk
Gerbe // Nash // Semin
Skinner // Rask // Terry
Dwyer // McClement // Malone

Elias Lindholm not skating (probably earned a day off). Assuming nothing is wrong, he's probably in for Terry tomorrow. I don't mind these lines. Less of a "randomize" button this time.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Lines:

Gerbe // Nash // Semin
Skinner // Rask // Terry

Elias Lindholm not skating (probably earned a day off). Assuming nothing is wrong, he's probably in for Terry tomorrow. I don't mind these lines. Less of a "randomize" button this time.

9472521a435e3440bcbf4a4c9f9bb910.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
What's sad is that it would appear they are spreading their strength throughout the top 3 lines with Skinner Staal and Semin when in reality the 3 of them habent been very good at all.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lines:

Gerbe // Nash // Semin
Skinner // Rask // Terry

A bit of a risk mixing up the Gerbe-Nash-Lindholm line which has been the best, but he can always go back. I can live with these lines as well.

Braxton Wolff

Nov 3, 2014

Practice what you preach Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad