News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil58*

Jeff Skinner for Evander Kane. Straight up. No questions asked. Yes or no?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
You can't just scratch everyone who goes through a scoring drought. That's not really how hockey works.

I'd scratch a guy that is not only in a scoring drought, but can't get a puck out of his own zone in 3 tries on the SAME SHIFT. I love Skinner, and I think Peters has been doing his ilk wrong by forcing them to play a less effective style, but after last night I don't mind scratching him. It was one of the worst games I've seen Skinner play.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ So why has Chris Terry gotten a longer leash despite having massive issues in those areas?

Maybe not in a legit season with a playoff berth on the line. But in a year-long training camp you surely can make all the points you want by benching players until you have their attention.

And there's a LOT more going on than a mere scoring drought. That drought's a symptom, not a cause.

Assuming that scoring droughts are because players aren't paying attention and not just because that's hockey. For Skinner, I think it's a little of both. For Nash, he's playing at the level he is capable of, but gets scratched anyway.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
^ So why has Chris Terry gotten a longer leash despite having massive issues in those areas?

I'm with you on Chris Terry. Based on what we see, it makes no sense for him to ever play ahead of Semin or Skinner. Smells like practice/locker room/attitude type decisions to me.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Could it not simply be something as simple as trying to raise Terry's value to get something for him at the deadline?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The whole point of this year and using a lot of the young guys (aside from the obvious injury fill-ins) was to see who the organization could see having a future with the Canes and who they couldn't.

If Terry is getting icetime that baffles the mind, it could simply be the organization deciding that he doesn't have a future here and trying to raise his trade value to get something for him at the deadline.

Dec 30, 2013
I think scratching our skilled players is just Peters way of aiding the tank. He can't scratch the Staals, Faulk, or Sekera because you don't blame your captain/alternates of laziness. Can't scratch Sekera because of possible trade value loss.

At least that's what I'm going with :sarcasm:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Lots of people freaked out when semin got scratched for ineffective play, and said it wasn't fair and others should've sat. Now both lindholm and skinner will have sat. Pretty fair to say peters is calling his playes out effectively and without bias. Good for him.

I'd consider skinner for Kane, always have when its been talked about over the years. Different style, Kane is more straight lines and speed, skinner more creative. Kane might fit better with the style they want here. I don't want skinner traded but if it had to happen I'd consider this.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
ibtl.gif

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Ward didn't practice today (lower body) and Peters still wants to start him tomorrow if he's medically cleared. But sure, he everything he does is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad