News and Notes Part 11: Where we find out how many goals Malone can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Anyone plan on going to the equipment sale during the Canes summer fest? I need a new pair of gloves and they appear reasonably priced ($50 for what I assume is prostock). I'd gladly reimburse someone + if they picked me up a pair. Rather give someone on here an extra $20 than some dickhole online selling them on eBay for double the cost.

Alternative, you be the dickhole on eBay, buy all the gloves, Give one to me and sell the rest one eBay for double what you paid. Win/win. :sarcasm:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Anyone plan on going to the equipment sale during the Canes summer fest? I need a new pair of gloves and they appear reasonably priced ($50 for what I assume is prostock). I'd gladly reimburse someone + if they picked me up a pair. Rather give someone on here an extra $20 than some dickhole online selling them on eBay for double the cost.

Alternative, you be the dickhole on eBay, buy all the gloves, Give one to me and sell the rest one eBay for double what you paid. Win/win. :sarcasm:

Didn't even know they did an equipment sale. I was going to be your huckleberry because I'd like to pick up some sticks, but not for $80 used :( Shouldn't they just be donating this stuff? Or do the proceeds go to some sort of charity or youth hockey program?

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Didn't even know they did an equipment sale. I was going to be your huckleberry because I'd like to pick up some sticks, but not for $80 used :( Shouldn't they just be donating this stuff? Or do the proceeds go to some sort of charity or youth hockey program?

Apparently it's new (but existed in the past). $80 for a used stick is a lot, but the sticks they use are all well over $200 retail. I splurged on a stick with that retail once (got it cheap from a teammate who knew Yale's equipment manager). Easily the best stick I've ever used. Tough to buy one of those w/out the 60 day warranty though.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
429 years ago, the english people trying to colonize roanoke island, nc gave up and returned home after failing to establish england's first permanent settlement in america

ugh casuals

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
A friend of mine from Colorado went to Emergency Management training...on the plus side we're apparently the most recognizable logo for a hurricane. On the down side, there was nothing super about that 2012-13 Hurricanes squad.

9275_10205513954543023_4173111278602357240_n.jpg

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
According to Wiki:

Rules
26 of the 28 teams existing in the league at the time of the draft were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators had their entire rosters protected, as they were the two newest franchises in the league, only being in existence for one and two years respectively.

For teams protecting only one goaltender, there was no experience requirement for those left unprotected. For teams protecting two goaltenders, each goaltender left unprotected must have appeared in either 10 NHL games in the 1999–2000 season or 25 games in the 1998–99 season and 1999–2000 seasons combined. A goaltender had to be in net for at least 31 minutes in each game for the game to be counted against these totals.

At least one defenceman left unprotected by each team had to have appeared in at least 40 games in the 1999–2000 season or 70 games in the 1998–99 season and 1999–2000 seasons combined. At least two forwards left unprotected by each team had to have met the same requirements.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
According to Wiki:

Does that mean from the NHL roster? or Roster and all players they own the rights to? Or All the players currently under contract (which excludes guys in JR and NCAA and overseas)? I'll assume everyone and play along with the current roster, assuming they draft Hanifin/Provorov. I'm sure I'll forget somebody.

FWD (9): Staal, Staal, Skinner, Lindholm, Rask, McGinn, Tolchinsky, Wallmark, and I guess Nestrasil?

D (5): Faulk, Hanifin/Provorov, Fleury, McKeown, Murphy or Pesce.

G (1) Needaspellcheck

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
According to the "geniuses" on the boh boards, we're moving to Quebec, Houston, Kansas City, and back to Hartford.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
According to the "geniuses" on the boh boards, we're moving to Quebec, Houston, Kansas City, and back to Hartford.

Meh. Until this team starts winning and revenue increases, those comments will always be on the BOH board. And frankly, with Karmanos at the helm and openly wanting to sell, unless this team starts winning and revenues increase, it probably deserves to be in the discussion.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
There better be a monster ****ing package coming our way if Skinner gets moved. Me and 2000 14 year old girls will riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad