News and Notes Part 11: Where we find out how many goals Malone can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
One of the New Jersey writers for THW seems open to a Larsson/Skinner swap, depending on who's available at #5 and #6.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, other than Faulk, maybe Lindholm and to a lesser degree the Staals, who isn't available on the Canes? The Canes have stunk it up for the last 4 years and have been out of it by Christmas. RF better be looking at anything and everything and listening to all offers.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
One of the New Jersey writers for THW seems open to a Larsson/Skinner swap, depending on who's available at #5 and #6.

I would think the Devils would still have to add significant pieces to this deal. Not to mention the fact that we really don't want to trade him within our division do we?

#planforaskinnerhattieeverytime

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
The way this team has been managed over the last 5+ years, it's no wonder there is talk about us moving. Hell, I found myself disgusted a lot of the time when JR was trashing this franchise.

But this market has proven, and loudly so, that it WILL support this team if we are at least somewhat competitive. Anyone can see that, including Bettman, and thats very important.

Florida/Arizona? Not so much.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I would think the Devils would still have to add significant pieces to this deal. Not to mention the fact that we really don't want to trade him within our division do we?

#planforaskinnerhattieeverytime

I put the two at about equal value.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I would prefer not to trade Skinner at all, but there are deals I would consider. I would turn down Larsson straight up pretty easily personally.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Just saw that speculation thread on the trade board that hinted that Eichel may not be terribly happy about going to Buffalo. It's the flimsiet of flimsies, but let's say Buffalo is entertaining the thought of moving down. What do you offer? It has to start with 5th + Skinner, but else what would get it done, and what would you do to make it happen?

Disclaimer: I fully realize that they will not trade the pick, and if they for some reason do, it'd probably involve Arizona flipping picks (so Buffalo could still get Strome/Marner), but let's also add an Eli Manning situation where Buffalo drafts Eichel and Toronto takes Hanifin at 4, leaving Strome/Marner available at 5.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Just saw that speculation thread on the trade board that hinted that Eichel may not be terribly happy about going to Buffalo. It's the flimsiet of flimsies, but let's say Buffalo is entertaining the thought of moving down. What do you offer? It has to start with 5th + Skinner, but else what would get it done, and what would you do to make it happen?

Disclaimer: I fully realize that they will not trade the pick, and if they for some reason do, it'd probably involve Arizona flipping picks (so Buffalo could still get Strome/Marner), but let's also add an Eli Manning situation where Buffalo drafts Eichel and Toronto takes Hanifin at 4, leaving Strome/Marner available at 5.

I realize you are just doing "for fun" what ifs, but the story that was quoted, he said he's not signing with Buffalo unless he plays in the NHL (basically he's playing in the NHL or will go back to college but not anywhere else). Your assessment of flimsiest of flimsies is right on the mark.

As to your hypothetical and for fun question, I have no idea what would be needed. I would like to think Skinner and the 5th would be enough, but I'm guessing some other team would pay significantly more than that if he is the talent some think he is.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, completely for fun, but it does kind of make sense. Buffalo gets a young, established winger, still could get a very good center prospect to go with Reinhart, and something else. Carolina clears salary, gets the best player (possible replacement for Eric down the line), and probably doesn't give up anything else that would hurt too much. Let's say the LA first and maybe their 2nd this year? That is a lot, but

Staal // Staal // Semin
XXX // Eichel // Lindholm

They still have a top 6 hole, Semin is still the wildcard, and the defense still isn't addressed, but the salary space is opened to do that. It decimates an already weak prospect pool, though. You'd have to really believe in Eichel.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Leading scorer and captain in his second season at St Lawrence. Pretty good size. That's all I can find about him.

Interested to see who else we invite. I'd love to see the Swedish Sebastian Aho invited :laugh:

Wait, we invited a SLUzer to camp? I'm not sure I can root for the Canes anymore.

Okay, not really. But SLU still sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad