New York State to start allowing Some Attendance 2/23

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's the deal for season ticket holders, do they get first dibs? Such an odd situation.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Imagine tickets will be expensive considering the reduced capacity and the real last year at Nassau, no 1/2 price tickets with a 20 year old college ID or $6 last minute Stubhub tickets

Last edited:

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Are they keeping the tarp on the lower bowl? That could play into the 10 percent number. If they're doing 10 percent of full capacity but lower bowl isn't taken up, the capacity of the rest of the arena would be closer to 20 percent. In any case, the cap should be raised as more people get vaccinated.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I can't see how spending money to allow 10% of capacity, at a building that loses money when sold seats are much higher than that, is going to be financially worth it - paying for additional arena maintenance, security, etc.

Keep in mind the current Coliseum lease holder stepped into Prokhorov's shoes and is operating the building only because Prokhorov defaulted on the loan.

Last edited:
Reactions: islesfan3913

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I can't see how spending money to allow 10% of capacity, at a building that loses money when sold seats are much higher than that, is going to be financially worth it - paying for additional arena maintenance, security, etc.

Keep in mind the current Coliseum owner stepped into Prokhorov's shoes and is operating the building only because Prokhorov defaulted on the loan.
It’s not, but it’s good something else for the person making this decision. Month over month the number will increase, well, just because 10% should be 20%, then maybe 35%, etc.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I get my 2nd shot on Saturday and I still probably won't go. If I could just bring the vaccine card maybe, but eff getting tested for each game.

Green

Nov 13, 2019

Keep in mind the current Coliseum lease holder stepped into Prokhorov's shoes and is operating the building only because Prokhorov defaulted on the loan.
They are obviously going to have little staff, and I am assuming if the capacity is going to be only 1,300 or so they are going to make tickets expensive so like at at least $100 per ticket, considering they are all ready using the building making over $100,000 in revenue is better than nothing

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
They'll have cardboard cutouts at 9 out of 10 urinals/stalls to maintain safety in the restrooms.
I know you kid, but they had every other urinal taped off in the bathrooms at the stadium for this exact reason. Although with about 5K people in a stadium that seats 73K there wasn't much need. Pretty sure I had the bathroom to myself each time I went.

The thought of going to the bathroom at the coliseum without having to wait should be enough incentive for any Isles fan to want to go haha

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I get my 2nd shot on Saturday and I still probably won't go. If I could just bring the vaccine card maybe, but eff getting tested for each game.

Second shot of Moderna is as advertised. I was knocked out tired, chills and exhausted for close to two days. It’s not unbearable, but just plan to be useless for a day or two.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Interested to see how tickets will work - maybe the opportunities for season ticket holders to purchase will be spread among different games? Saw in the print edition of Newsday today that the STH will get the first choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00