New York State to start allowing Some Attendance 2/23

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It is pretty pathetic that the Isles were not preparing and ready for the process of getting fans in at the soonest possible time it was approved. I know people with Rags season tickets and they are having fans this coming week already. With a huge homestand of 9 of the next 10 at the Coliseum, they are going to waste more than half of those home dates by not being ready to host fans until early March.
Oh my, the end of the world for not having 10% of fans in an arena.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Oh my, the end of the world for not having 10% of fans in an arena.

considering it is the last season in Nassau and I am sure fans will definitely want to come out, and I am guessing they will be making around low 6 figures for each game played I am not sure why they would not want to role it out ASAP

Reactions: LetsGoIslanders

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
How much do you think tickets will be going on StubHub for a game against Philly on a Thursday in early April? Even if they are out of the playoffs I think the prices will be insane just to get in.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
considering it is the last season in Nassau and I am sure fans will definitely want to come out, and I am guessing they will be making around low 6 figures for each game played I am not sure why they would not want to role it out ASAP
The money to be made is more of a rounding error.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Stubhub would be best option in the end but obviously I assume no season ticket holders got tickets this year so no such route exists. Many STHs would probably sell their tix on there for face value because nobody is goons pay 150$ to see the Isles play Buffalo on a Wednesday. This will be the best way early on to probably go to Met and Yankee games too til capacity expands

I actually would, i live 10 mins away and bored out of my mind working from home

Reactions: MJF and MattMartin

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I wonder if tickets will be available on stub hub. Isn’t there a requirement for negative test 72 hours prior?

Last minute tickets could be a thing of the past at least for 2021

Stubhub won’t care. The arena will simply not let you in. I’m sure they’ll claim if you buy tickets and can’t get in it’s not ther responsibility

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
But you have a credit to be used towards those prices. And if you don't want to use it, it will be rolled over to next season's tix. You're not losing anything.

And BTW, we don't even know what the prices will be yet. We're basing it off of what other teams in other Leagues are charging.

I paid for a service with a contract. They are giving me my money back and then trying to resell me what I already bought at a higher price.

I will get a credit but I never asked for it, I wanted my seats. I understand they could not let fans in before but now that they can, they should honor their commitment to the extent they can, albeit on a limited basis.

IMO that should be illegal. If they give me my money back and then attempt to sell me the same seats again but at 300% or 400%, that is price gouging.

I get that they are hurting for cash but it is pretty cut and dried to me it is not ethical.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I paid for a service with a contract. They are giving me my money back and then trying to resell me what I already bought at a higher price.

I will get a credit but I never asked for it, I wanted my seats. I understand they could not let fans in before but now that they can, they should honor their commitment to the extent they can, albeit on a limited basis.

IMO that should be illegal. If they give me my money back and then attempt to sell me the same seats again but at 300% or 400%, that is price gauging.
The sears you “contracted for” may not be available. I’m pretty sure my seats have cardboard cutouts in them tonight. I’m also guessing STHs are not going to be offered a chance to buy every game when they reopen. We’ll be taking turns with the other STHs.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
The sears you “contracted for” may not be available. I’m pretty sure my seats have cardboard cutouts in them tonight.

Which could be moved and you cant go to all games agreed, but if you have seats that you cant sit in they have always given comparable seats as replacements . They have held my money for many months and never told me they would do this when seats opened up, just that they hoped to get fans in the stadium. They should at minimum pay interest for the time value of the money they held to be honest. In my field we do that when we hold money.

I am usually pretty grounded and not freaking out about this, just trying to look at it objectively. I just won't go so have that option.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Which could be moved and you cant go to all games agreed, but if you have seats that you cant sit in they have always given comparable seats as replacements . They have held my money for many months and never told me they would do this when seats opened up, just that they hoped to get fans in the stadium. They should at minimum pay interest for the time value of the money they held to be honest. In my field we do that when we hold money.

I am usually pretty grounded and not freaking out about this, just trying to look at it objectively. I just won't go so have that option.
There are people whose seats are under the tarps. I doubt there's a comparable seat for them.

Didn’t you get a call from your rep in early February asking if you wanted to opt out or keep 25% of this season’s payments on account towards purchasing some games while applying 75% towards next season?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
There are people whose seats are under the tarps. I doubt there's a comparable seat for them.

Didn’t you get a call from your rep in early February asking if you wanted to opt out or keep 25% of this season’s payments on account towards purchasing some games while applying 75% towards next season?

I actually had to call them but yes. However, he never mentioned that they would raise prices. If I knew it was more than 2x price, I would have said give me my money back. I will hold it and pay for my UBS seats. They are literally holding $10 of thousands of my money without information. When they moved the money over, they erased the coli invoice and the credit shows nowhere. I do not trust their accounting it has always been sketchy. They also claim they cant send me an email because I have optimum so I dont get emails often, but that is neither here nor there.

However, the point is if you sell someone a product, you dont take it back and then resell it to them again at a marked up price. Our season ticket agreement is a contract to provide service. Whether they are moving you around or else, a large markup is not ethical. I understand that all teams will be doing this because they can, use a bad look in my opinion.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Has anyone heard anything from their rep? With all the hoops I would have to jump through to get into the arena I'm not too interested, but I would like to see the plan and find out the prices before I make my final decision.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
What an absolute joke in terms of preparation by the islanders. New Jersey announced opening of arena with limited attendance weeks after New York and the devils are already having fans next week. We need 3 extra weeks? Are you kidding me. And as I predicted we will miss this entire home stand. I’m pretty sure nobody could say March 18th is early March

Reactions: Green

crasherino

May 9, 2013
What an absolute joke in terms of preparation by the islanders. New Jersey announced opening of arena with limited attendance weeks after New York and the devils are already having fans next week. We need 3 extra weeks? Are you kidding me. And as I predicted we will miss this entire home stand. I’m pretty sure nobody could say March 18th is early March
Its 2021. Do you really expect anything to work like it should?

I'm just happy to get in at some point. I've had people come out of the woodworks asking me if I'm going to be using any seats I get so I'm guessing the demand here is going to be pretty high. Guess we'll see.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Its 2021. Do you really expect anything to work like it should?

I'm just happy to get in at some point. I've had people come out of the woodworks asking me if I'm going to be using any seats I get so I'm guessing the demand here is going to be pretty high. Guess we'll see.

but how were the devils able to be ready to have fans come in mere days after the Jersey announcement but were not ready after two weeks? And still need two more weeks on top of that ?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
but how were the devils able to be ready to have fans come in mere days after the Jersey announcement but were not ready after two weeks? And still need two more weeks on top of that ?
Unverified source told me the old Coliseum operator laid off all the staff except for security. The new Coliseum operator didn’t start hiring/re-hiring arena employees until the state gave the ok for limited attendance. They weren’t going to be in place until March. So it’s not the Islanders Satan :shakehead

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Unverified source told me the old Coliseum operator laid off all the staff except for security. The new Coliseum operator didn’t start hiring/re-hiring arena employees until the state gave the ok for limited attendance. They weren’t going to be in place until March. So it’s not the Islanders Satan :shakehead

Checks out. Remember seeing news about the concessions layoffs by the company that ran that. Doesn't surprise me that Prokhorov laid off everyone else save security since he was just desperate to get out.

Reactions: MJF

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’ve heard the same rumors as I knew someone who worked at Coliseum, he just got his old job back Monday so no way they could get up and running for anyone in time. I’ve also heard and believe as we move along there could be larger crowds fairly quickly as they head towards playoff time in May, not full but pushing 50 percent I’d bet.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->