New York State to start allowing Some Attendance 2/23

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
10% capacity = 1,390 people. Having Coliseum security telling me “spread out”, “don’t high 5 that stranger”, “you ate your hot dog put your mask back on”? None of this sounds like a fun night out to me.

I’ll pass.
You won't be near anyone to High 5. Went to a NFL game here and it was actually pretty awesome. Imagine being able to pee and go to concessions during a tv timeout without having to miss any action.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
If I could go to a game with my son/family members and we could sit next to each other, I’d go. But if I had to sit 4 seats away, I’d pass.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
If I could go to a game with my son/family members and we could sit next to each other, I’d go. But if I had to sit 4 seats away, I’d pass.
Families gotta be able to sit together, right? I mean, that would be stupid otherwise. THEY'RE ALL COMING TO THE GAME IN THE SAME CAR.

Reactions: doublechili

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Families gotta be able to sit together, right? I mean, that would be stupid otherwise. THEY'RE ALL COMING TO THE GAME IN THE SAME CAR.
I am pretty sure that groups that come together could sit together. It is other people I would want to be distanced from, not the people I already live/travel with.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
PCR test is too much of a hassle. I had to get one. Went to walk in, waited outside on line just so someone could take my name and number and then had to go home, wait 3 hours for notification which gave me only 30 minutes to get back to walk in.

On the plus side got results in 24 hours.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
PCR test is too much of a hassle. I had to get one. Went to walk in, waited outside on line just so someone could take my name and number and then had to go home, wait 3 hours for notification which gave me only 30 minutes to get back to walk in.

I had same experience at a ProHealth near me. Only difference is i had results in 5 min.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Where was this? City MD is still on a 5 day turnaround.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I would think they could do 20 percent capacity with mask only (No PCR Test) by implementing the following

1. Tickets have specific entrance and exit gates
2. Mask on at all times when not seated
3. Concessions only sold by vendors in stands (Only leave seats to visit restrooms)
4. Social distance seating.
5. Designated tail gate lot with blocked off parking spaces between usable spaces. Only tailgate with group you are seated with (May be to difficult to enforce)

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
None of this shit makes any sense. It’s all so arbitrary. I can sit inches away from a complete stranger on an airplane, without a mask, cause I’m drinking my coffee, while they drink their coffee. Why 10%? Where did they pull that number from? Restaurants can have 25% capacity in Manhattan correct? Where is the evidence? What research are they developing these polices from. Absurd.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Well on the plus side my grandson has his first game tonight (Travel 10u) It's been a long training camp. Started in August off ice no rinks open, on ice practices since October. So I get to go to a game tonight!

Reactions: eoin92 and TMI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
None of this shit makes any sense. It’s all so arbitrary. I can sit inches away from a complete stranger on an airplane, without a mask, cause I’m drinking my coffee, while they drink their coffee. Why 10%? Where did they pull that number from? Restaurants can have 25% capacity in Manhattan correct? Where is the evidence? What research are they developing these polices from. Absurd.
My guess is that because 10% of the NYS population has already been vaccinated.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm a Devils season ticket holder just browsing to see what people were talking about with this. I figure NJ will end up following suit but even taking out everything else involved, with the way the schedule is currently setup with so many games every week, having to possibly go get multiple tests every week just to go to a game definitely isn't worth the hassle to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad