GDT: NEW YORK RANGERS WIN NHL DRAFT LOTTERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It makes me sad the history that is being re written when it comes to Gomez. He was good his 2 years here and single handedly won us a playoff series.

And Drury too. He had a big hand in getting Callahan to the player he was in his peak 2010-12 years.

What we paid Gomez in 2008 cap dollars was the equivalent of 10+ million today.

He was pretty good, but we lucked TF out that we traded him just as he started to decline heavily. Both Gomez and Richards we hit the jackpot being able to dodge the horrible back end of the contracts.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'm a little curious about how Kravtsov is taking this. He was already grousing about his spot on the roster, and breaking through as a winger just became that much tougher. The left side is pretty much locked up (Laf, Panarin, Kreider, and Lemieux). The right side is a tough nut to crack as well (Kakko, Buch, Gauthier, and Fast). Does Buch get moved? Does Fast? Can Gauthier play a 4th line role? This team is likely to have three top 6 lines and one 4th line. Krav doesn't fit on the latter. If he doesn't crack the roster again in the Fall, I could see him asking for a trade.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
No having Kreider on our third line means it’s one of the best in the league.

we just saw our team get smacked because our 3rd and 4th lines were an affront to humanity, having Kreider be able to play the third line is a good thing

Absolutely. I’m surprised not many people realize this. Also why do people keep saying he is making 7 million I thought his gap hit was 6.5

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm a little curious about how Kravtsov is taking this. He was already grousing about his spot on the roster, and breaking through as a winger just became that much tougher. The left side is pretty much locked up (Laf, Panarin, Kreider, and Lemieux). The right side is a tough nut to crack as well (Kakko, Buch, Gauthier, and Fast). Does Buch get moved? Does Fast? Can Gauthier play a 4th line role? This team is likely to have three top 6 lines and one 4th line. Krav doesn't fit on the latter. If he doesn't crack the roster again in the Fall, I could see him asking for a trade.

Fast is a UFA and unfortunately the last we will see of him in a Rangers jersey is getting zonked in the head by Brady Skjei's first career hit and then being caught on the ice not knowing what planet he was on for that first goal

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

If Krav shows he's ready for the NHL and is showing a good skill level, then I would think Buch very likely gets traded.

I wonder if we were to dangle Buch + TDA and Car's 1st round pick that we could get at least a very, very good #2 center in here.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And coming off a career year might be his only time to cash in, goes both ways
Certainly does. But I think that he will be willing to play as not sure that throwing it all away and starting over is the right answer for him. Also, and let's face it, I doubt that he is going to be able to cash in as if he is a 70 point player. Could be wrong, but just my feeling.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
My only concern is that we are turning into a “in theory” team. Like a fantasy team, where we just get as many good, skill players as possible and figure it out later. Does that work? Look at Tampa and look at Toronto. Zero cups. Not a ton of playoff success, especially Toronto. What also needs to be taken into account is that we are in a hard cap league, and we’re gonna have to deal with this problem sooner than later.

this would be a valid concern if JG & JD now kicked their feet back and said 'ok we are done' and just watched what happened. but this team is far from a completed product. the focus has been on acquiring elite talent because that is the hardest thing to do. surrounding that talent with a supporting team is much easier but you don't focus on having a 4th line and pk before you get that talent.

Reactions: jas

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Fast is a UFA and unfortunately the last we will see of him in a Rangers jersey is getting zonked in the head by Brady Skjei's first career hit and then being caught on the ice not knowing what planet he was on for that first goal

That's why I was wondering about Gauthier's suitability for a 4th line role. If he's top 9 or bust, I think we're going to have better options. Fast is an ideal 4th line winger if he's cheap enough and we don't have a replacement.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Krav shows he's ready for the NHL and is showing a good skill level, then I would think Buch very likely gets traded.

I wonder if we were to dangle Buch + TDA and Car's 1st round pick that we could get at least a very, very good #2 center in here.

Um.... you wouldn't have to add all 3.

I mean depends on who the C you're looking at is, but DeAngelo+1 would carry pretty significant value I think.

Reactions: BKGooner

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Laf/Kakko/Zbad/Bread/Tony D PP

HOLYYYYYY SHIT!

I would hope with the offensive depth that they balance the two PP units based on chemistry and best position, as opposed to leading everyone up on the top unit and just making PP2 "The rest" as if often the case.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-DeAngelo

Lafreniere-Chytil/Strome-Buchnevich
Fox-Trouba

Reactions: Rongomania

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Were it that easy, more would have done so

I think at some point we have to accept the talent we have, at the positions they play, and try to find other talent to compliment them.

I'm not really a fan of moving people from wing to center, or from LW to RW, or from RD to LD.

This is why, to some extent, you don't fall too in love with all of the young talent we have. There are going to be moves that use them as chips.

I can't emphasize that enough.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Had a thought this morning-- It's kind of funny, in retrospect, how much time and energy we all spent a year ago arguing about Panarin. Half the boards wanted to sign him so that the team could compete for a playoff spot and get the kids some post-season experience. The other half of the boards didn't want to sign him in the hopes that the team would get one more high draft pick. Somehow, both sides got exactly what they wanted, haha.
Just goes to show you that playing hard and not tanking can have its own rewards.

Reactions: smoneil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad