GDT: New York Rangers AT Vancouver Canucks 7:00pm START time Nov 2 -2021, GAME 10, 3-5-1 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Patience. It's coming.
He's our transitional coach.
He is not the coach that will take us to the next level..
When this team looks like it can do something, but still falters.. he'll be gone.
Team is still turning itself over.... our young guys clearly aren't ready yet...
Can you try and explain this clearly? Like when or what makes them look like they can do something?

How long do you wait with this guy who you’re admitting isn’t the guy, to get to the point it looks like they can do something but he’s holding them back?

Why can’t he be viewed as holding them back from even being in the discussion of doing something? There’s 4 years of data on this coach and this is supposed to be his best lineup and it’s the worst start.

What if he’s contributing to the young guys not taking the next step? Why blame the players?

The coaching speaks for itself but I’ll at least take solace you’re admitting he’s not the guy.

Reactions: geebaan

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Can you try and explain this clearly? Like when or what makes them look like they can do something?

How long do you wait with this guy who you’re admitting isn’t the guy, to get to the point it looks like they can do something but he’s holding them back?

Why can’t he be viewed as holding them back from even being in the discussion of doing something? There’s 4 years of data on this coach and this is supposed to be his best lineup and it’s the worst start.

What if he’s contributing to the young guys not taking the next step? Why blame the players?

The coaching speaks for itself but I’ll at least take solace you’re admitting he’s not the guy.

I happen to think it's definitely the players more than the coach.... I mean... we see the mistakes..the missed opportunities, the lack of execution of simple plays/passes, some of the decision making... I'm not willing to give our best players a pass on their execution... They need to be more acountable and better.

In terms of timing of the firing... it's a historical thing... We've seen many examples of teams that are rebuilding and finally start to project up, but hiccup along the way up, and a new coach comes in and takes em the rest of the way to contenter level... and after difficulty of getting over a playoff hump/disappointment - in comes the next coach with the new voice to boost the team to the Finals...

Sure you could fire him now... but I think it would be a waste right now with where our so-called stars are at..
Would like to see it anyway tho.. ha.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Looking forward to watching Fox tonight. Really haven't been able to watch a whole game with him yet. Supposedly has kicked it up a notch even from his Norris year last year.

Always love to see elite talent, especially ones we don't get to watch often. And Laff is another intriguing young player who could become a superstar. They have an exciting team. Hopefully the refs do a good job tonight and don't interrupt the flow of the game too much.

Reactions: Indiana

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Fox and Shesterkin have been incredible this season so far if they keep it up its an easy 2 trophies by year end

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Only a moron coach starts a pto player on the pp over a legit young sniper in Boeser

but unfortunately we have a moron coach

Reactions: NomadicCanadian

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I happen to think it's definitely the players more than the coach.... I mean... we see the mistakes..the missed opportunities, the lack of execution of simple plays/passes, some of the decision making... I'm not willing to give our best players a pass on their execution... They need to be more acountable and better.

In terms of timing of the firing... it's a historical thing... We've seen many examples of teams that are rebuilding and finally start to project up, but hiccup along the way up, and a new coach comes in and takes em the rest of the way to contenter level... and after difficulty of getting over a playoff hump/disappointment - in comes the next coach with the new voice to boost the team to the Finals...

Sure you could fire him now... but I think it would be a waste right now with where our so-called stars are at..

youre arguing with the guy who’s made many very wrong predictions, my favourite of which was “Sbisa will earn that contract extension”. Lol

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

When can you fire him? Why would it be a waste?

You almost always get a bounce when you change the coach. The American Thanksgiving timeline for holding a playoff spot is ~3 weeks and 10 games away.

Reactions: geebaan

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I don't think anyone except you expected Dick to "morph" into anything. He was literally brought in for his defensive play, PK, and faceoffs... so that Horvat could be freed up a bit to bring more offence.

Its not Dickinsons fault the top 6 and powerplay can't score. Not sure why fans are turning on him. Should be focusing on the real issue with the team.

USATSI_11408888_168383719_lowres.jpg
I little higher up than that, the GM. The GM is the guy that made this mess. Green can only coach what he has.
They are not going to lose every game, maybe a lot but they WILL NOT DO DIK IN THE PLAYOFFS IF THEY GET THERE.
The two teams they have to be better than are passing them already.

US Thanksgiving - 80% in a playoff spot finish in a playoff spot. Usually, but with Covid that could change, it certainly allowed for the Canucks to get a chance with their 12 mil over the cap regular season play in round.

The Rangers have fun today. They are a big team with a lot of big hitters
Watch Miller, he will drop off for a few shifts, ditto Boeser if the team gets behind.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It’s not even about this teams underlying numbers at this point.

you could be casually watching this team in a crowded bar and notice they never have the puck

I’m usually all for waiting till the 20 game mark to see what this team has if they start to improve
But this team is underwater very very quick on the season.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
When can you fire him? Why would it be a waste?

You almost always get a bounce when you change the coach. The American Thanksgiving timeline for holding a playoff spot is ~3 weeks and 10 games away.
Well I would definitely give the new additions more than nine games..

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Well I would definitely give the new additions more than nine games..

Dude it's been the same theme every game for 5 seasons man. There's no structure. Guys are constantly missing assignments. Constantly out-shot 30+ per game. Go look at tanevs analytics on calgary this year.

Like you said green was the transitional coach, now it's time to bring in a veteran.

Reactions: Ozone and Indiana

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
I really don't understand why Green likes Miller on the halfwall so much, why not put Boeser there so he can use his shot? It's Miller's off-side, so literally all he does is pass to the goal line, or do his behind the back drop pass to Hughes. He's zero threat in that position
Your idea makes sense.

But it's not real hard to understand why Green doesn't do it:

Coach is dumb.

Rangers fan coming in peace!

we play veeeery slow and we don’t get a lot of offensive chances. The key is beating Igor.

I’m expecting you guys to have a superior amount of puck possession and outshoot us
You've just described the Canucks.

Reverse your expectations & enjoy the ride.

If your banking on Motte to save the season, this teams in trouble
RLid0zq.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I want us to win the game but I want to see Fox dominate his minutes so Hughes gets a wake up call into realizing that’s how he’s supposed to f***ing play

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Dude it's been the same theme every game for 5 seasons man. There's no structure. Guys are constantly missing assignments. Constantly out-shot 30+ per game. Go look at tanevs analytics on calgary this year.

Like you said green was the transitional coach, now it's time to bring in a veteran.
Ok.
I just don't expect it to happen.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I love the Canucks and desperately want us to be successful. I will do the unthinkable and cheer the rangers because its the only way change will happen for the longer term good of the team

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Should I be very underwhelmed with the Rangers lottery picks?

I’m guessing I will be.
Lafreniere you will certainly be underwhelmed by. He’ll be invisible the whole game and will somehow end up with a secondary assist. He doesn’t really do anything well. Kakko creates a ton. He has 0 points in 5 games but he’s the exact opposite of LaF. Always doing something and creating chances but never gets rewarded on the stat sheet. As a Rangers fan I can tell you my confidence in Kakko eventually being an elite player is at 99% and my confidence in LaF being an elite player is at 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad