GDT: New York Rangers AT Vancouver Canucks 7:00pm START time Nov 2 -2021, GAME 10, 3-5-1 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I really don't understand why Green likes Miller on the halfwall so much, why not put Boeser there so he can use his shot? It's Miller's off-side, so literally all he does is pass to the goal line, or do his behind the back drop pass to Hughes. He's zero threat in that position.
It's mind-boggling

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I love it when they put the guy with back problems (Boeser) in front of the net.
not just that, but the chances of him getting slashed on his wrist is a lot higher as well. I thought the move was temporary at first to try to get Brock better at body positioning and puck battles, but the fact that they stuck with it all year long last season and now carried into this season is some dumbass shit I'd be annoyed if I were Brock.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yup. Or a good #4C.

He's just far too limited offensively to play as a #3C in the modern NHL.

Unfortunately we've overpaid him by $1 million under the assumption that he'd fill a role he's not capable of filling.

I got called out for trolling, and was given an infraction for suggesting the Canucks got absolutely fleeced in that deal for him. Giving up an asset (even a third rounder) for a guy who should be making 750k was ridiculous, but signing him to a term contract was just royally stupid. Even an anchor in Beagle was more of an offensive threat than Dickinson.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I got called out for trolling, and was given an infraction for suggesting the Canucks got absolutely fleeced in that deal for him. Giving up an asset (even a third rounder) for a guy who should be making 750k was ridiculous, but signing him to a term contract was just royally stupid. Even an anchor in Beagle was more of an offensive threat than Dickinson.

At the time of the deal, I tried repeatedly to explain that this was a solid low-event bottom-6 winter/#4C worth in the $1.6-1.8 million range who had never really even played #3C minutes in the NHL ... but the majority of people were losing their minds that he was an elite defensive #3C and were lining up to throw nearly $3 million at him. It was one of the more bizarre instant overratings of a signing nobody had every really heard of before because his silly JFresh chart and defensive metrics looked good on a team where you could say that of literally everyone.

He's a useful enough low-event depth player, but spending a quality asset to overpay him by $1 million doesn't look like a terrific move right now.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
3 - 5 - 1 is the positive and optimistic way to look at this season so far.

Less optimistic would be 2 regulation wins and 6 losses.
Two years ago they were - 7 - 3 - 1
Last year after 8 games- 3 - 5 only 2 regulation wins

Still early but the standings and stats are consistent

Rangers sent a letter out to their fans about blowing up the team, the fans embraced the idea and the Rangers very quickly rebuilt their on ice product through trades and drafting.
While still a work in progress ownership was not content to sit on their laurels they moved to improve the top end even though they had vastly improved.

They boast a blueline that are all under 30 yrs old and huge. Size matters.

Not all the Canucks look "into" the games, there does seem to be "let down" shifts, sort of like the player is gathering himself up to continue after a disappointment.
The AHL guys play hard but there are reasons other teams let them go.

Rangers are rested and have no pressure.
Canucks are winless at home, the saviour, Hamonic is playing.
Demko and the posts have kept the scores close.
Canuck players could be snipers, they are hitting center mass so often.

Rangers runaway with this one

5 - 2 and outshoot the Nucks 42 to 23

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
The last time we played the Rangers here at home, wasn't it a a surprisingly chippy (dirty) game? I remember Kreider charging down the ice and doing a spinorama/check along the end boards that resulted in him accidentally on purpose slamming his forearm into Petey's snout. There was blood, and I think Kreider got a major (?). We won the game.

LET'S GO BOYS !

Reactions: Ginger Papa

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Petey breaks the slump, canucks win and Green gets more time at the wheel.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Hamonic/Schenn is a worse pairing than Rathbone/Burroughs, change my mind

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
not just that, but the chances of him getting slashed on his wrist is a lot higher as well. I thought the move was temporary at first to try to get Brock better at body positioning and puck battles, but the fact that they stuck with it all year long last season and now carried into this season is some dumbass shit I'd be annoyed if I were Brock.
Its worth a try..but yeah..Boeser is prone to injury, and he would be 'that guy' that would sustain an injury,.... from a shot by his own teammate.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
We don’t even know if he can get in the arena for tonight’s game

He shouldn't by BC health guidelines.
Proof of vaccination
You are supposed to be fully vaccinated to take part in indoor sports or indoor skating rinks. Although there may be a bs "essential service" exemption like how Benning wasn't required to quarantine after traveling to a covid Hotspot right after there was an outbreak for a place he worked for.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Far as i can tell Dickinson is Brandon Sutter with a different number. What's the difference? Sutter is better on the pk and faceoffs. About the same player offensively to my eyes. 1+ skill. Ok maybe not +. They both have an ok shot when they have the time and space to get it off from the right spot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Far as i can tell Dickinson is Brandon Sutter with a different number. What's the difference? Sutter is better on the pk and faceoffs. About the same player offensively to my eyes. 1+ skill. Ok maybe not +. They both have an ok shot when they have the time and space to get it off from the right spot.

Offensively Sutter at least has a knack for sniping the odd goal from broken play even though he can't use his linemates to save his life.

That said, Dickinson has a much better motor defensively at this point and I'm not missing watching bent-over Sutter lagging to the bench 2 zones behind the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis