GDT: New York Rangers AT Vancouver Canucks 7:00pm START time Nov 2 -2021, GAME 10, 3-5-1 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Waiting for morning skate to confirm but it definitely looks like Hamonic is going to be make his debut tonight which would be a very welcome addition. It will push Poolman down the depth chart and lower his unsustainable ice time. It will also hopefully mean that Schenn is in the pressbox or gets sent to Abby.

Dowling sounds like he is close as well and might get activated.

I still dont like the PP that Green is deploying.

If it was up to me these would be the 2 units.

PP1
Hughes
Boeser- Horvat- Pettersson
Hoglander

PP2

OEL
Miller-Garland- Pearson
Chiasson

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What little enthusiasm I've had has been pretty much drained. Not just from the Canucks play but also the Chicago Blackhawks and NHL's handling of Kris Beach and their horrible follow-up. Every time I get a bit more interested in the NHL it reminds me that it's an absolute shit league.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sooner or later the Canucks have to win a game on this extended homestand.....they're not going to 0-7, are they?

The only concern tonight is that the Canucks might run into another hot goalie....if he plays, Igor Shesterkin has been lights out this season.

They key again for the Canucks is their moribund pp....a couple with the extra man tonight, and it's probably a win. But another loss and the vultures will really be circling on this team at the final horn.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Will this be the game where the top 9 finally wakes up..?...Without goal production from the forwards, the Canucks wont get off the mat.

Will this be the game where they score the first goal, and take the initiative.?...instead of allowing the opposition the first goal, and having to chase the game.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It feels like we should almost just let the players make it up as they go for the PP. We've had it feel stiff all of last season carrying into this season and teams know how to counter what we're trying to do. Letting the players free form things while not as 'efficient' as a dynamic and well-coordinated PP could be, can't be worse than 5 players standing around making predictable passes.

Reactions: Indiana

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The Rangers are a funny team because they upgraded significantly in the coaching department but since taking over, Drury has made some questionable moves. At the same time, that coaching change might make a world of difference on their young guys who were starting to significantly stagnate or even regress. Curious to watch them tonight to see if any of those guys have taken a step forward.

Would bet Kaako breaks his scoring slump tonight.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Rangers have had a similar situation to us where their young guys weren't improving on their team (other than Fox) once they made the big club. I've been curious to see if Gallant will reverse their non-development woes.

Also this game is a reminder that we could have hired Gorton and Gallant last year. That combination would be a top 5 front office in the league assuming they had autonomy to build the team around them.

Instead we extended Green and get to watch Benning's 8th year...

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What is Green’s/King’s obsession with Miller on the PP wall? He obviously would do well in front of the net with Boeser on the wall. And what is the point in having Chiasson AND Pearson on PP2? Give Pod some chances jesus. Everything has to be the hard way with this team

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Rangers have had a similar situation to us where their young guys weren't improving on their team (other than Fox) once they made the big club. I've been curious to see if Gallant will reverse their non-development woes.

Also this game is a reminder that we could have hired Gorton and Gallant last year. That combination would be a top 5 front office in the league assuming they had autonomy to build the team around them.

Instead we extended Green and get to watch Benning's 8th year...
Yeah but then we would not have signed Hamonic and Schenn so thank God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad