GDT: New York Rangers AT Vancouver Canucks 7:00pm START time Nov 2 -2021, GAME 10, 3-5-1 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After a steady stream of UFA fiascos by this hockey operations group, I really had zero expectations for Dickinson. I mean look at the stats. He's a younger version of Jay Beagle.

He may be bigger, decent on faceoffs and useful on the PK. But expecting any offense from him is a pipe dream. But that's the common theme with Canuck UFA signings.

Benning seems convinced that just by coming to Vancouver, a player will somehow miraculously morph into something he hasn't been for his entire career. I mean go down the list, including the three guys he just unloaded on Arizona. Really, none of them panned out.

That's just the way it is, if you're a Canuck fan.....basically a UFA black hole.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Fire green

Patience. It's coming.
He's our transitional coach.
He is not the coach that will take us to the next level..
When this team looks like it can do something, but still falters.. he'll be gone.
Team is still turning itself over.... our young guys clearly aren't ready yet...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Conspicuously absent was an affirmation when he was asked directly if he's double vaccinated. Pretty clear that he has 1 vax rn and is waiting on the second

Green confirmed he'd only had one shot when he said he'd be getting his second shot 'soon'.

IMac has also confirmed he'll be unable to travel with the team because he doesn't have his 2nd shot.

Reactions: geebaan

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thanks for the GDT @Erub ot Ynligom. Hoping for an entertaining game, a battle between two young star Goalies.

I don’t mean to pretend all is well in Canucks Land, far from it. But in GDT’s I try my best to leave that aside. Not judging anyone else expressing their thoughts & frustration, it’s just my way to try to enjoy the Team itself when they play.

Some memes for good luck tonight.
7BD20A99-C174-4433-8E9D-7CDE53895B1D.jpeg
4B3BB670-9008-4EE9-89B8-174263FEFE9A.jpeg
F2EC21C7-F0FF-4473-88A9-DB5DA12E5DD0.jpeg
D45C2B13-5CF7-4F51-9A12-96000DCA6DC7.jpeg
A6813936-1372-4493-9F4C-890D55AC509B.jpeg
12F5A8F6-0EC4-4958-B182-0C712C252C18.jpeg
1C85F303-8C5F-45B1-B46A-79F24A753ABF.jpeg
ED0FA358-D9AC-40BB-B5E0-27602E2126CA.jpeg
BAC62787-8E47-44FA-9824-25FAEEE2B9C6.jpeg

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Both teams are rested, but I have a feeling it will end up 4-2 for the Rangers. Nucks are in a slump (is that the right word?) and don't think it will end any time soon. Nucks cant seem to find offence and a huge new contract for Fox may inspire the Blue Shirts to play harder tonight.

Reactions: Indiana

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Patience. It's coming.
He's our transitional coach.
He is not the coach that will take us to the next level..
When this team looks like it can do something, but still falters.. he'll be gone.
Team is still turning itself over.... our young guys clearly aren't ready yet...
I like Travis Green, and would like to see him succeed..However, relative to the roster, these results. and the teams apathy ...that wont cut it...I've seen some really thin Canuck rosters, and this isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Far as i can tell Dickinson is Brandon Sutter with a different number. What's the difference? Sutter is better on the pk and faceoffs. About the same player offensively to my eyes. 1+ skill. Ok maybe not +. They both have an ok shot when they have the time and space to get it off from the right spot.

At least with Dickinson when he goes back to the bench after a shift he just skates normally. With Sutter it’s always hunched face facing the ice, hunched down with his hockey stick pressed on his legs, like he just made his last stand with Leonidas and his Spartans at Thermopylae, trying to look heroic that he battled hard and blocked a shot, even though the turn over was his fault to begin with.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Ofcourse he starts, coach green is on the hot seat will do anything to keep his job.
He is the #1..In saying that, I've liked Halak's play so far, he's played well, unfortunately, the team has only scored scored one goal in both the games he's been in.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
He is the #1..In saying that, I've liked Halak's play so far, he's played well, unfortunately, the team has only scored scored one goal in both the games he's been in.

I am really worried that Demko will get injured if we play him too much. Since we tend to get outshot and give 30 plus shots a night, Demko is one of our only bright spots, losing him to an injury would be devastating (knowing his pass injuries). I just hope they be responsible with our star goalie.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Rangers fan coming in peace! Here is the lowdown on our team, we play veeeery slow and we don’t get a lot of offensive chances. The key is beating Igor.

I’m expecting you guys to have a superior amount of puck possession and outshoot us. But you could get stone walled by Igor.

Good luck!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I am really worried that Demko will get injured if we play him too much. Since we tend to get outshot and give 30 plus shots a night, Demko is one of our only bright spots, losing him to an injury would be devastating (knowing his pass injuries). I just hope they be responsible with our star goalie.
Other than than The Buffalo game, the Canucks haven't been horrifically outshot in any games this season.....although, a point can be made that he has had to make more tough saves than the opposing goalie.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Rangers fan coming in peace! Here is the lowdown on our team, we play veeeery slow and we don’t get a lot of offensive chances. The key is beating Igor.

I’m expecting you guys to have a superior amount of puck possession and outshoot us. But you could get stone walled by Igor.

Good luck!

We got stonewalled by Koskinen, superior puck possession? We’ve been outshot and out possessed all season. You’re going against the worst team in the Pacific division and we may need your help to get our coach fired.

Also any of your players recently on a slump? Well expect them to break their slumps tonight.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Good luck!
Sounds precisely like our team..lol...Lets hope the games not a snoozer.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
We got stonewalled by Koskinen, superior puck possession? We’ve been outshot and out possessed all season. You’re going against the worst team in the Pacific decision and we may need your help to get our coach fired.
Our record is better than what we show on the ice for sure. We just played Seattle, and they had about 55 minutes of possession, and we had 12 shots net the whole game. Igor and Fox are the only reason we have the record we do. Let’s take a look at possession after the game, I’d be pleasantly surprised if we had more lol

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Other than than The Buffalo game, the Canucks haven't been horrifically outshot in any games this season.....although, a point can be made that he has had to make more tough saves than the opposing goalie.

We've generally been badly outshot through 40 minutes of games, and then had several score-effects bounces in the 3rd period when we were chasing the game and the other team was sitting on the lead.

Edit : the Detroit game is the only game this year where we've outshot another team through 2 periods.

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Our record is better than what we show on the ice for sure. We just played Seattle, and they had about 55 minutes of possession, and we had 12 shots net the whole game. Igor and Fox are the only reason we have the record we do. Let’s take a look at possession after the game, I’d be pleasantly surprised if we had more lol

We’re really shit right now, you will not be pleasantly surprised if you out shot us.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
After a steady stream of UFA fiascos by this hockey operations group, I really had zero expectations for Dickinson. I mean look at the stats. He's a younger version of Jay Beagle.

He may be bigger, decent on faceoffs and useful on the PK. But expecting any offense from him is a pipe dream. But that's the common theme with Canuck UFA signings.

Benning seems convinced that just by coming to Vancouver, a player will somehow miraculously morph into something he hasn't been for his entire career. I mean go down the list, including the three guys he just unloaded on Arizona. Really, none of them panned out.

That's just the way it is, if you're a Canuck fan.....basically a UFA black hole.

I don't think anyone except you expected Dick to "morph" into anything. He was literally brought in for his defensive play, PK, and faceoffs... so that Horvat could be freed up a bit to bring more offence.

Its not Dickinsons fault the top 6 and powerplay can't score. Not sure why fans are turning on him. Should be focusing on the real issue with the team.

USATSI_11408888_168383719_lowres.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: