Career Totals:

17-11-3, .932 SV%, 1.88GAA, 6 shutouts

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
2015 2.14 S/g
2014 2.20 S/g
2013 1.80 S/g

Meh, these talking heads just parrot things.

More like not scoring enough.

It's good to see him hitting the back of the net tonight.

We just want him to look for his own shot first more often because he has good hands. He is a very unselfish player but sometimes the best thing to do is take the shot.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think that's also what's plaguing Talbot. He never looked bad like this as a backup. Just be Cam, nobody wants you or expects you to be Lundqvist.

Yeah, it seems like he's feeling a lot of pressure with no security blanket (Lundqvist) on the bench also knowing he has to pick up where Hank left off. The mental part of the game is very important for the goalie.

He had a rough game, he was fighting the puck from the beginning and never got into a groove with the lack of shots. That's a tough game for a goalie. Let's hope he bounces back with a strong game Thursday.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is there just ever defense in Rangers-Leafs games?

I missed all of it but it looks like we played well.

I thought we were great personally. Like I was saying before, just about everyone played well and lots of honorable mentions on the 3 stars. A few mistakes and the Leafs hit every one of them. And don't wanna keep singling out Cam, but I thought he had a rough go of it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Is there just ever defense in Rangers-Leafs games?

I missed all of it but it looks like we played well.

We did. In fact, I think all 4 lines had good nights, and that includes the 4th line. Hagelin-Hayes-Miller looked really good. We took advantage of a couple of breakdowns on their part and they took advantage of a couple of ours. Plus, Morgan Rielly was the best player on the ice for either team.

It was a good road win. Talbot can play better, but that wasn't really the story of this game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
McDonagh's positioning is looking much better and his coverage has been better.

But he's still making too many unforced turnovers and forcing too many plays.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We just want him to look for his own shot first more often because he has good hands. He is a very unselfish player but sometimes the best thing to do is take the shot.

He led the team in assists last year. He's not a sniper. That's Kreider's job, but Zucc needs to find the back of the net more, and I'm glad he did that tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I think he's been a lot better, and he's slowly coming around, but again that own goal was another panic play, something that's been so uncharacteristic of him in the past.

Like Talbot, perhaps another guy psyching himself out. Ok so there's a letter on your jersey, big deal. Just be yourself.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

This is my one truly negative comment on the night, but to me laying the stick down to block the pass in that position is just a bad idea. It's all instinct there, but if he succeeds in blocking the pass, it has nowhere to ricochet except to the goal and he's in too close for Talbot to make the save. If he fails in blocking the pass, it's a point blank shot on Talbot.

Correct decision would be to take the man without the puck and allow the puck carrier the stuff attempt.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Cam Talbot: 2014-15

6-5-2, .915 SV%, 2.40GAA, 3 shutouts

Career Totals:

17-11-3, .932 SV%, 1.88GAA, 6 shutouts

His stats have taken a huge hit since becoming the starter.

He had a .924SV% 2.15 GAA.

Looks like he is in fact a career backup.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Thought of this commercial when I saw the Zucc and Kreids thing on the bench

http://ispot.tv/a/7xoV

B9iCwe8IQAE0pUF.jpg

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I can't believe Talbot is taller than Hank..

He can't fight through screens at all and is on his knees the whole game.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
So what? They still won. They were still the better team in the game. The Leafs played a decent game themselves and got a good bounce.

Just because a game is stressful doesn't mean we can't appreciate the win. In fact, the stress of that game made it more entertaining. Would I have been happy if they lost? Of course not. I had more fun than if the Rangers had blown them out though.

So what?!?! So the blown leads going back to the SCF are an amazingly disturbing trend.

But I'm glad u had fun.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So what?!?! So the blown leads going back to the SCF are an amazingly disturbing trend.

But I'm glad u had fun.

The Rangers have lost 1 game when leading after two this year and it was in OT. Hell, their winning % when leading after 1 is 0.857, which is 5th in the league. Their winning % when scoring 1st is 0.781, which is tied for 5th in the league. For all the concern about a blown leads, the numbers don't seem to bear it out. I don't even consider that a blown lead, really. It's not like they were winning and then they were losing.

And this isn't the playoffs. It was a dog day game between a sinking ship and a team that's fighting it a little bit right now. The projection on to more important games doesn't hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad