Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs 2/10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Holy Crap. 40 shots on goal, numerous quality scoring chances, 5 goals, and we have to hang on for dear life. I hope Sather is exploring the goalie market. We need one.

I just can't blame the fact that we gave up 4 goals on Talbot. The Rangers were standing around in the D-zone far too often.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Minus a ridiculous showing by a single Leaf player, the Rangers dominated that game. Sometimes that happens.

Not concerned. Two points on the road. On to Denver.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1st star: Rick Nash (3 assists)
2nd star: Zuccarello (2 goals)
3rd star: Dominic Moore (1 goal, 1 assist)

HM: Brassard, Hayes, Staal

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Feels like a loss because of how badly we played.

Talbot. Oof. He's really struggling with shots from out high. Hoping for him to bounce back Thursday.

Nash with 3a, Zucc with 2g....the twilight zone.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wow, Talbot is BRUTAL. Guess we wont have to worry about him finding a starting job anywhere.

Thank god we won though. Zucc and Nash, big games.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What a great game. Awful defense, unlucky bounces going against us but man, it was worth staying up for! Very impressed with Rielly

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Talbot is awesome when he plays once a month.

He is AWWFFFUUUUULLLL as a starter.

You can tell the rest of the team has no confidence in him.

They are doing everything they can to limit the other team to 20 shots on goal and he still allows 3+ goals a game.

The only way the Rangers can win with him in the net is to keep the puck away from him the entire game and score 5 goals.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Talbot got sniped on the 1st, let in a terrible goal on the 2nd, screened on the 3rd and crap luck with McDonagh scoring on him on the deflection.

Wasn't pretty, but wasn't nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. He made big saves when it counted, and the team in front of him helped him out.

As AV says, they aren't all piccaso's.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'd be happy as a Maple Leaf fan. Morgan Reilly was the star for them in this game (young building block for the foreseeable future), and they lost at the same time to get a better chance at McDavid/Eichel.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hags, Hayes, Miller was awesome all night. Would like to keep that line together.

MSL was more noticeable tonight, he's clearly playing frustrated and snake bitten, like when we first got him last season.

GFiP*

Talbot is very lucky the post saved him at the end. This would have gotten really ugly if we lost to the laffs.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We haven't been tremendous of late in multiple aspects, but this team finds a way to grab at least half of their games during valleys and hills are ridickerous.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Since Talbot became starter Rangers have averaged 21 SA/G

When you only allow the opponents to those # of shots, your goalie better be at least average and the team still wins the majority of its games. Talbot has not been.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I'd be happy as a Maple Leaf fan. Morgan Reilly was the star for them in this game (young building block for the foreseeable future), and they lost at the same time to get a better chance at McDavid/Eichel.

Morgan has been finding real confidence in his game. He is light years ahead of what he was starting this season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Glad we won. Between the Sabres game turning this into a stream night and the stream continually ****ing up and the Rangers sloppiness and our subpar goaltending in this one--we're ****ing fortunate that the Maple Leafs have turned into such a ****ing train wreck.

But I'm glad we won. I'll say it again.

And Zuccarello should shoot the puck more. He shot it in this game. To me he's the first star--at least for our team.

GFiP*

They aren't going to out-suck the oilers or Sabres. Maybe not even the coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad