Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
NBC clearly has a business agenda bias as the other poster pointed out the demographics due to ROOT SPORTS not covering the series. Doc, Pierre, and Eddie are fairly biased and Canada tries to sell Crosby regardless. Canadian broadcast has been getting Bob Cole who is operating at a 3 second delay on announcing or noticing key sequences. "The Rangers think they've scored (the ref has already waved at the net 3 times and waved toward Brassard indicating the goal scorer), they're celebrating..... and they've scored! The refs agree and the Rangers have tied the game"

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Nothing makes me more confident than seeing everybody on HFBoards declaring we are going to be crushed in the next round. How many times have we heard that? Hell, most of this board still believes the Kings absolutely killed us last year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
But going back to my original point - The Rangers have undeperformed and are still up 3-1. Im hoping they aren’t going to be headcases at Home in Game 5, because if they can close out this series they will find themselves with some added rest and practice for an upcoming match-up with a team that will have played at minumum 6 (looking like it will go 7) games. That may be exactly what the doctor ordered and it will allow Klein to get into a hard practice or two to ready himself for the second round. They could really use Klein’s presence back there. Hunwick has been good (i’d seriously think about taking Boyle out of the lineup instead) but Klein’s game is much more suited to the playoffs.

Closing out the series quickly and Caps/Isles going 7 games would also give Klein more practices to get ready for a return, which would be very good

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Closing out the series quickly and Caps/Isles going 7 games would also give Klein more practices to get ready for a return, which would be very good

Klein will be ready for a possible Round 2 matchup. That's going to be huge for this team. He's been a warrior for the Rangers this year. He also has the ability to get his shot through and that's really important when these playoff games turn into slugfests.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
61553449.jpg

-Main Boards

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Klein will be ready for a possible Round 2 matchup. That's going to be huge for this team. He's been a warrior for the Rangers this year. He also has the ability to get his shot through and that's really important when these playoff games turn into slugfests.

Also fewer minutes for Boyle and less (hopefully no) PK time

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
I am also stuck with that NBC coverage, it makes me sick in the stomach listening to pens this pens that and there f... up voices. Even Pens commentary cannot be this biased.

This is professional sports and they have the worst amateurs covering it. It seriously takes the fun out of the games I am watching listening to these *******I can't stand it much longer.

It wasn't. I had to listen to the Pens radio feed while driving and those guys were much more tolerable than Doc and Pierre. They were disappointed after the OT goal but gave the Rangers credit, something the other two buffoons would never do.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Nothing makes me more confident than seeing everybody on HFBoards declaring we are going to be crushed in the next round. How many times have we heard that? Hell, most of this board still believes the Kings absolutely killed us last year.

Not sure why everybody is so sensitive to the HFBoards. If you read this thread during the first period you would think that HFBoards is a child's play compared to the majority of the posts that were made.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That should also make a difference.

Clearly the win was big. There are three items that stood out to me from the worrisome perspective.

1. PP - AV has to fix this. This is as pathetic a PP as anything that this board was up in arms about when Torts had this team in the playoffs.
2. The icings - When the stretch passes miss or the passing is not crisp enough, there are far too many of these. The icings bring the Rangers back to their zone and keep tired players on the ice.
3. Face offs - when the icings occur, it forces the Rangers to take draws in their own end. Face offs are a weakness for this team and points 2 & 3 combine to give the other team life as they are able to put instant pressure on.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010

Moore - Hagelin
Stepan - Nash
Glass - Fast

Girardi - McDonagh
Klein - Staal

That's all you need for your PK. Now, it's not been a killer for the team but it was the difference in Game 2.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

Clearly the win was big. There are three items that stood out to me from the worrisome perspective.

1. PP - AV has to fix this. This is as pathetic a PP as anything that this board was up in arms about when Torts had this team in the playoffs.
2. The icings - When the stretch passes miss or the passing is not crisp enough, there are far too many of these. The icings bring the Rangers back to their zone and keep tired players on the ice.
3. Face offs - when the icings occur, it forces the Rangers to take draws in their own end. Face offs are a weakness for this team and points 2 & 3 combine to give the other team life as they are able to put instant pressure on.

1) fire Scott arniel
2) that's just part of the system. Nothing u can do
3)nothing we can do about that now too

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010

I hope they can close this one out and take a couple of days to work on this unmitigated and consummate mess. Holy **** NO ONE looks like they know what they are doing out there. They can't even put a couple of crisp passes together. Just throw wrist shots from the point on net. Quick move, get it through, crash the net, rinse and repeat. Meat and taters time because the pretty stuff isn't working.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pens were the 3rd best PKing team in the league during the regular season, I think you have to give them a little credit there as well

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
1) fire Scott arniel
Special teams are all coaching. Torts got the brunt and not Sullivan. AV is not to be hidden by Arniel. It is AV's job to fix this.
2) that's just part of the system. Nothing u can do
Any system is not set in stone and could and should be made to be adjusted. Especially when it exposes holes.
3)nothing we can do about that now too
Be that as it may, it means even more so that #2 needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad