Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The Penguin announcers are terrible. Is Pittsburgh such a thin skinned town that fans can't handle a home announcer playing it straight? I mean Sam Rosen roots for the Rangers but I'm old enough to remember when Sam and JD would kill the Rangers when they played terrible and then Bob Page at the MSG Sportsdesk would kill them.

Dolan ruined MSG network and how unique it used to be. As a Yankee fan I'm jealous of SNY vs Yes. SNY will criticize the Mets if they are playing bad. The YES network.....well....not so much.

A lot of the fan base is that thin skinned, but most of them realize how awful they are. Unfortunately Mike Lange will be forever relegated to radio broadcasting, despite the fact that all-in-all he's a solid PBP announcer. Though over the last few years, Phil Bourque's own homerism has been tainting the radio broadcast as well.

Despite what they spin, a large portion of the Pens fan base is very new to hockey and they simply don't know any better than to act like the broadcast team does. Torts wasn't wrong in the comments he made about them a few years back.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: According to #NYR: Kevin Klein, Keith Yandle and Mats Zuccarello are not practicing due to "maintenance days."”

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers report that Dan Girardi escaped injury after accidentally falling from his 24th floor apartment window. The 9 year veteran suffered only a mild scrape, and then assisted repair crews in fixing the extensive damage to the pavement.

not funny

*replaces heart in chest*

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Clearly he is injured and not "sick" like they keep telling us.

Ehh, I don't know about that. They were up front about the stomach flu/bug thing he had a couple days ago. Sometimes those things linger, and you just need a long day of sleep and rest.

He's a veteran, and the Rangers aren't going to push the issue if he requests the time to rest because they know it means he will be ready for the next game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Clearly he is injured and not "sick" like they keep telling us.

He may have some kind of nagging thing going on but its possible, if not probable that whatever was ailing him earlier this week still hasn't gone away completely.

It hasn't effected his in game performance so its really not a big deal.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Zucc has a nagging injury and he rested before the playoffs so it's so important to finish on Friday. Yandle needs to rest, nothing serious, I don't see anything off with his skating or physicality, maybe, maybe, maybe his hands if he is injured which I don't think he is. He was real sloppy to start game 4 so I'm guessing the stomach flu is the key suspect. He might have nagging injuries but that's playoff hockey. Klein probably isn't progressing well. I don't see this as a positive turn disguised as a ??? I'm guessing because we're winning, we're going to take our time with Klein, assuming we can win the series in the next few without Klein, Klein will get another week + of rest. Klein is now at a place where the injury is like 80% healed, can play if needed but no heavy shot. From where he is, I'm guessing it's a much slower progress to healing the final 20%.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Zucc has a nagging injury and he rested before the playoffs so it's so important to finish on Friday. Yandle needs to rest, nothing serious, I don't see anything off with his skating or physicality, maybe, maybe, maybe his hands if he is injured which I don't think he is. He was real sloppy to start game 4 so I'm guessing the stomach flu is the key suspect. He might have nagging injuries but that's playoff hockey. Klein probably isn't progressing well. I don't see this as a positive turn disguised as a ??? I'm guessing because we're winning, we're going to take our time with Klein, assuming we can win the series in the next few without Klein, Klein will get another week + of rest. Klein is now at a place where the injury is like 80% healed, can play if needed but no heavy shot. From where he is, I'm guessing it's a much slower progress to healing the final 20%.

Klein skated before practice today, and yesterday on the radio said that his legs feel great, but he needs to get the arm strength up.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Not sure if serious...

He probably isn't getting any better since he has continued to play. Therefore they are letting him skip practice in order to rest. I hope it isn't serious.

if he's playing, that's probably slowing down the body's process in removing the stomach flu/virus/whatever he has...

So its normal this could take a few days longer than expected. props to him for playing regardless

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
10919059_10152758043366625_5631250788899209532_n.jpg

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Klein skated before practice today, and yesterday on the radio said that his legs feel great, but he needs to get the arm strength up.

Yea, the last bit of strength isn't going to be easy to come back. At least he won't be at 100% until next season. It heals up to a point and then really need a month or two to restore to normal. Past the bones healing, how he feels about his strength is a little bit more ambiguous and might vary a lot more than the actual healing of the bone.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

I agree with this. Not a good sign for Klein that he is not practicing. Really shouldn't need a "maintenance day" since he has not played in a month and a half and he hasn't had a full team practice yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad