Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I am also stuck with that NBC coverage, it makes me sick in the stomach listening to pens this pens that and there f... up voices. Even Pens commentary cannot be this biased.

This is professional sports and they have the worst amateurs covering it. It seriously takes the fun out of the games I am watching listening to these *******I can't stand it much longer.

Oh, you don't even know...for your sake, I hope it stays that way.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Awesome. Hayes is the man! Girardi had a good game. LEt's get one more and move on!

And btw: Brassard is a better player than Stepan.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
just wanted to mention Hagelin does everything right on the play that lead to the winner. Get the puck back to the blue line, get in front of the net and just put the rebound back in the paint. Basics tend to work in OT. You see that in the Chicago series as well.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I like how the the highlights on nhl.com are from the NBC feed but, The OT goal from hayes is done by bob cole. Probably because Doc and Pierre sounded like they were at a funeral at the time.

Cobra Jack*

66sad1.jpg

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Main board logic. It's quite simple actually if you understand a couple of basic rules:

1. The most important rule: west >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> east

2. Rangers only win because they are lucky. They also only win because they rely solely on Lundqvist. On the other hand, if they lose, Lundqvist choked. And if they win with another goalie in net, they are just lucky.

....because lucky.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I like how the the highlights on nhl.com are from the NBC feed but, The OT goal from hayes is done by bob cole. Probably because Doc and Pierre sounded like they were at a funeral at the time.

"The Rangers score in overtime."

I know it's not a cup clincher or anything, but it's an overtime goal... right? I'm not sure "bored robot" was the right decision.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

They really did . They were upset the Rangers won by the sound of their voice lol

First period was terrible but good effort after that. Rangers need to crush them at the garden and end this in 5

foe84

May 30, 2014
-They fought back hard and banged in 2 ugly goals..but style points dont matter..howeer they cannot come out like this again.

-I'm sick of Doc and Pierre (as are most). I can't watch the intermission report bc its so Pens biased. Like others have said, its adjustments the pens can make, what the pens are doing right, etc. its awful.

-Lets hope they end it next game, get some rest and hopefully klein will be back.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hayes got better throughout the game and had a better game overall, than in the last 3.

there was a shift by Jesper Fast in the 2nd period that, for me, really set the tone for the rest of the game. they had to keep playing like Fast just did and they did it. really deserved this win, here. they dug themselves out of the hole they made, and its about time we scored some goals by diggin in the crease!! :yo: 13 to go.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
No, it hasn't been pretty, but, give the Pens and Johnston credit, they've made it a slog. And MAF has been very good. But, people seem to forget, this is the Rangers of this season. You want to play uptempo? They can win that way. You want a defensive battle? They are comfortable winning that way. You want to grind it out? They can do that, too. All this team has done this year is win. No, they didn't have the best of starts, but, again, this team finds a way to get the job done. This may be the way things go the rest of the way...so be it. It'll piss the haters off even more.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
AWWWWWWW YISSS :yo::cheers::phew:

Henrik with a great game tonight.

MSL looked like he knew he was being scrutinized and had a pretty good game

Brassard seems to score every game

Hayes looked good all game IMO. The OT winner just solidified it.

Glass back to being a liability

And finally, can we just call him "Man Girardi" please?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'll be happy just getting through the first round. Always a crap shoot. Rangers were asleep the first period yesterday and then were the better team in both the 2nd and 3rd (+OT) by a decent margin. Power play is an embarrassment but our D was outstanding.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
jesus. i just watched NBC's call and doc sounds like he just got a text that his hometown was destroyed by a meteor on the OT goal call. I've heard more excitement in the voice of air control traffic directors.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
jesus. i just watched NBC's call and doc sounds like he just got a text that his hometown was destroyed by a meteor on the OT goal call. I've heard more excitement in the voice of air control traffic directors.

Ya this series has really showed they're bias... I'm surprised we didn't get a "ooooo noooo!!!!" When we scored

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
-
-I'm sick of Doc and Pierre (as are most). I can't watch the intermission report bc its so Pens biased. Like others have said, its adjustments the pens can make, what the pens are doing right, etc. its awful.

I think it's painfully obvious what NBC is doing. They think that the overwhelming majority of Ranger fans are watching on MSG and 95% of their audience are Penguin fans or neutrals (who the NHL and NBC want as Crosby fans). I don't think ROOT Sports Pittsburgh is doing the series, therefore, Penguin fans are watching on NBC.

It is completely unprofessional to show that much bias on a national broadcast, but nobody in the New York media will touch it, due to very few caring about hockey, number one, and number two, no New York media person wants to be accused of "whining". National media guys who care about hockey hate New York, so they don't hear the bias, or like the bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad