Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I dont want to be pessimistic, especially since we are up 3-1 but Are we playing lousy or is Pitt raising their level. I really expected a series similar to the 94 series against the Islanders. I really expected to put up 20 goals in the first 4 games and not give up more than 5. Even with Pitts lousy defense, they are hanging in there.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
thisguy.jpg

..this guy, lol.

Fat Hitler?

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
I dont want to be pessimistic, especially since we are up 3-1 but Are we playing lousy or is Pitt raising their level. I really expected a series similar to the 94 series against the Islanders. I really expected to put up 20 goals in the first 4 games and not give up more than 5. Even with Pitts lousy defense, they are hanging in there.

All that matters in the end is the win.

I'd rather the team face adversity early and overcome it, then cruise to the ECF undefeated before facing their first loss of the playoffs.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is the playoffs no games are easy it's 3-1 NYR. Chill out

Pens are trapping to try and stay alive and it's still 3-1 .

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Your expectations were ridiculous.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
It goes ROOT, NESN, NBC, then everyone else.

I am ok with those networks being homers, they are regional networks, and it is a little bit understandable.

NBC however is a national broadcast and having the obvious bias there is completely unacceptable. They need to replace that entire broadcast team, from the studio to the booth.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Ideally what we'd want to happen is

We win and close it out tomorrow and STL vs MIN goes to game 7. I believe this gives us the most amount of time/days off to help guys like zucc and yandle heal.

Technically OTT vs MTL going 7 would be ideal too but i'm trying to be realistic, lol.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
UnluckyDependableFalcon.gif

Could watch this GIF all day.

Nice play by play position for ya, Lapierre.

Kinda funny... If Fleury wouldn't have thrown his stick there, this goal wouldn't have happened. It's because of the momentum of his throwing the stick that caused his left arm to open up just the little bit necessary for the puck to squirt through. Otherwise, he probably would've been able to trap it and stop play; in which case we'd be harpin on hags for hesitating just that little bit.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Pitt losing most of their D corps hurt their offense more than their defense IMO.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

My take on the Penguins injuries on D. Not as good offensively, but much better defensively. Not surprised this series is tight. Yet the Rangers have found a way to win. The Rangers last year came back from down 3-1 to be the Penguins with both Letang and Maata in the lineup.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pitt losing most of their D corps hurt their offense more than their defense IMO.

This is true.

Strong defense is a team concept much more so than a positional strength. Pens were top 10 in GA this season, its not really a surprise that the games have been pretty close since MAF hasn't crapped his pants.

If the Rangers move on, pretty much every one of their potential opponents in the upcoming rounds will try and employ the same strategy. Its probably a good thing that they're seeing it so early as they'll be able to make their own adjustments around it.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
This is true.

Strong defense is a team concept much more so than a positional strength. Pens were top 10 in GA this season, its not really a surprise that the games have been pretty close since MAF hasn't crapped his pants.

If the Rangers move on, pretty much every one of their potential opponents in the upcoming rounds will try and employ the same strategy. Its probably a good thing that they're seeing it so early as they'll be able to make their own adjustments around it.

I can't see either the fishsticks or the caps trapping to this degree.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I can't see either the fishsticks or the caps trapping to this degree.

definitely not... their guys are nowhere near talented enough to actually *trap* a team...

Other teams may try and employ this, but the Penguins have employed this for 2-3 months now.

Isles will cough up the puck trying to trap
Caps have only 2 decent PMD's to move the puck
Red Wings have the "legal Interference" problem.. that might be an issue
Tampa plays a speed game
St. Louis plays Torts hockey sans Tarasanko
Minny plays trap, but they're much slower than PIT
Anaheim plays a speed game...

I don't see any of these teams effectively trapping the rangers like the Pens have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad