Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers 2/28/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It's one game. Teams don't play great every game. The Rangers have lost 7 times in regulation in the past 35 games. I'm sorry if I missed the sarcasm in your post but if not this is ridiculous. Teams don't have great efforts every game, it's not a concern, it's natural....

No sarcasm, just my feelings.

As long as the guys in the room know it was a bad effort, I'm fine with it. It just would've been nice to get up for the first primetime network game in over 40 years, as Megusta pointed out.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I can see the offense drying up in the playoffs and the defense still being MIA. Recipe for an early exit. Hopefully Hank is better than last time he came back from a long injury (05-06).

He didn't come back from an injury, he played with an injury (hip flexor along with bad migraines).

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Unfortunately there aren't enough players on the team to bench the top 2 lines. All 6 players, including Nash, were out of the picture all night long. The Hayes and Moore lines were the only ones that looked like it had a pulse. MSL back to ghost mode and making no contributions at all.

The McDonagh-Giarardi pairing had another bad game and Boyle was awful. His asset is supposed to be offensive prowess and he cost us two goals with knuckleheaded decisions on the puck. When you pay a Dman with below-average defensive skills that kind of money, he had better be on par with Paul Coffey (or someone). I'm FED UP with the team having to carry his defensive baggage in order for us to have a 10th-ranked power play unit.

Talbot will shoulder a good amount of blame but he kept us in it with some of the saves he made. Not as good as Mason, but certainly enough to give us a fighting chance.

I said in the game thread that the difference between this game and last few is that we lost this one. We had **** stretches through all of those games but our offense showed up and got us through it.

Crap loss against a crap team and there's uncertainty about Zucc hanging over everything. Great weekend.

RangersOwnNewYork*

True, but Rangers could have put forth a way much better effort tonight. I found that so infuriating.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. They get paid also. Philly isn't very good but they were desperate and they played pretty well and Mason was great.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Third period was an embarrassment. Gave up a short handed goal and then followed that up with 0 puck possesion. Flyers owned the puck. Rangers had one good chance.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or maybe we do. It's been like playing without our captain/best player. Their is going to be a whole somewhere.

It certainly leaves a hole, but we shouldn't be playing horrid defense either.

McDonagh has been a joke all year regardless of who's in goal. We're not even winning a round without McDonagh, nevermind a Cup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Third period was an embarrassment. Gave up a short handed goal and then followed that up with 0 puck possesion. Flyers owned the puck. Rangers had one good chance.

I guess you missed Mason making 7 saves in 15 seconds? Can't blame the offense for this one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team.

B9BH-LYIEAA3I9_.jpg

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
There will be games like this but .......

Msl was a passenger tonight. He has to get back on the backcheck when they have 3 guys deep in our zone. He didn't and worse then that he wasn't even position to receive outlet pass. The defense doesn't have time to wait for. Someone to get open. He stays on to long on pp's especially when the second unit is better.

Boyle was very bad tonight. He is playing like a bottom pairing dman. He needs to earn his pay.

The positives:
Hayes gets better every game. I don't think people realize how lucky we are to have him.

Miller was good.

Nobody got hurt

Last edited:

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007

Yeah not really, linesman had his hand up the whole time and it was waved off right away. Tonight the linesman actually signaled that the offsides was gone with his hands and only the huddle review later turned the decision around.

But thanks for making me waste 15 seconds of my life watching the chrysler commercial.

RangersOwnNewYork*

That's a bunch of bull. The rangers had the puck more than the flyers that period and had more than one great opportunity. Is just amazing what happens on this board when the rangers don't win.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Rangers dominated the 3rd at even strength. The only reason we didn't win that game is because we had to go on the powerplay. Like I said, it had a Sullivan night.

I don't expect it to score every time but when it blatantly benefits the other team....

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. They get paid also. Philly isn't very good but they were desperate and they played pretty well and Mason was great.

Of course and I agree with that, they are a desperate team trying to make the playoffs. However, that effort by the Rangers looked pitiful outside of a couple of shifts tonight.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
One good 10 second flurry doesn't mean they had a good 3rd period.

And don't let the shots on goal fool you. Rangers thought they would be able to score from the neutral zone again and kept trying to do just that.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The Rangers dominated the 3rd at even strength. The only reason we didn't win that game is because we had to go on the powerplay. Like I said, it had a Sullivan night.

I don't expect it to score every time but when it blatantly benefits the other team....

The powerplay has been abysmal for a while now. I don't expect goals on every one either, I just expect to not be chasing the puck back into the defensive zone for two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad