Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers 2/28/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And yet have dominated opposing teams.

Totally disagree there. I think we've stolen a ton of sloppy games this month.

Looking at the schedule this month, we dominated Nashville (and lost, **** that right?), dominated Arizona in the road game, dominated Buffalo (but who doesn't) and the rest were really ugly. We're not playing that great.

It's nice that we can have a stretch where we don't play that awesome and still win, but it's not gonna work in the playoffs.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Went pretty much how I expected.. They were bound to beat us eventually and needed the points more than we do. Hank can't come back soon enough, so sick of Talbot allowing 3+ goals in just about every game. The team put him on their back and have been carrying him through this stretch.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Credit to the Flyers. They played like it meant more to them. Thought the Rangers had plenty of great chances in the third but Mason was great. The only really annoying part is NBC trying to sell the vindication-for-poor-old-delzotto storyline. Cheese.
Anyhow...
Who's next?

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Talbot was Talbot. Cannot blame him for this loss.
I didnt like the goals he let in, but he made some nice saves as well. Typical backup goalie performance.

We lost this game because most of our big salary forwards had a lousy day at work.
Was bound to happen sooner or later. Cannot be mad at them. Hope they respond with a better effort and better play next time around.

Hate loosing to that team, and of course Simmonds of all players rub it in with an empty netter 0.3 seconds before full time. Bleeeeehhh!! :(

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Not to be negative, as lol this thread is going to be, but PurpleHayes and I called that one, I had a gnawing bad feeling all day about this game. That doesn't happen often at all, especially before seeing a shift or two.

Perfect opportunity lost.

The line bright side is they gave that crappy city a little playoff hope that will certainly get crushed in the coming weeks. Nothing more seeing hopes and dreams crushed, lol.

Lol we so did. Still stinks. But hey at least the isles lost.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
When have you ever seen an offside goal get waived off after the fact? I watch 150+ games a year for the last 20 years, not to mention highlights etc., that was the first.

Thats the second time I've seen that particular play happen, both times the goal was waived off.

Don't blame the refs for the loss, the boys didnt deserve to win this one. Not a big deal unless they start to let these type of efforts stack, especially with the schedule they have staring them in the face to start the next month.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Looking at the schedule this month, we dominated Nashville (and lost, **** that right?), dominated Arizona in the road game, dominated Buffalo (but who doesn't) and the rest were really ugly. We're not playing that great.

It's nice that we can have a stretch where we don't play that awesome and still win, but it's not gonna work in the playoffs.

I can see the offense drying up in the playoffs and the defense still being MIA. Recipe for an early exit. Hopefully Hank is better than last time he came back from a long injury (05-06).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Some games we were outplayed. I think we have dominated the majority of them. Either way we are winning. That is all that matters. We were bound to lose one.

*Bob Richards*

Whats our record vs. Philly over the past 2 or 3 seasons? Can't kick their ass all the time lol.

Not a pleasant game to watch but its magnified with 1st being so close and its a loss against a division rival. Sucks but hopefully they sack up and are prepared for Monday.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That was kind of horrible. Eh...yeah it was strange about reviewing goals for offsides but....a lethargic effort by the Rangers tonight. They finally woke up about 7-8 minutes into the third.

Boyle and St. Louis have to be just about the weakest two players we have on the puck. I don't know if a player can **** up a play harder than Boyle did on the first Flyers goal. Read was practically on top of him and he shoots it right into his pads--and then he's grabbing hold of him all the way down the ice. Should have been a penalty if there wasn't a goal. He screwed up on Del Zotto's game winner as well.

There wasn't enough effort tonight in any case. It's a loss--we've been hot for a while. Just get back at it and try to win the next one.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

I just have this odd feeling that when hank gets back. Well be back to that SCF defensive team.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I understand I overreacted with my "no one should be safe" post, but there should be definite concern with the effort level put forth tonight.

This would have been a loss with Lundqvist in net. I can't blame Talbot at all. Didn't think he had a chance at any 3 goals against.

Miller gets my only vote for a star tonight. The rest of the team looked lethargic, lazy, or both. This **** isn't going to fly in the playoffs, or even in the next month with a tough schedule upcoming.

Shape up.

It's one game. Teams don't play great every game. The Rangers have lost 7 times in regulation in the past 35 games. I'm sorry if I missed the sarcasm in your post but if not this is ridiculous. Teams don't have great efforts every game, it's not a concern, it's natural....

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Credit to the Flyers. They played like it meant more to them. Thought the Rangers had plenty of great chances in the third but Mason was great. The only really annoying part is NBC trying to sell the vindication-for-poor-old-delzotto storyline. Cheese.
Anyhow...
Who's next?

It kind of does. The Rangers are sitting pretty near the top of the Metro with 3 games in hand. Flyers need to get red hot to make the playoffs.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
As usual no matter how bad the Rangers play on NBC, NBC still remains the worst part of the game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can see the offense drying up in the playoffs and the defense still being MIA. Recipe for an early exit. Hopefully Hank is better than last time he came back from a long injury (05-06).

At the same time we could keep scoring and NOT play bantam defense, but I feel like I've been waiting for that all year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

lol of course you can.

Why would the offense dry up and the D fail to improve? Seriously what is the logic behind that?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Pathetic effort against a garbage team. McDonagh and Girardi flat out sucked. Powerplay was an embarrassment. And Talbot with his usual two softies.

All in all a typical Rangers game without the goal scoring.

Every time I go to see an away game they manage to **** it up.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Its a loss. It happens. I hope (but don't expect) people won't overreact to it and make it that the sky is falling because of a loss.

NYR will be fine. Disappointing effort but like I said, it happens.

Concerned about Nash but he's probably just going through a cold stretch, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad